Ryanair

MrFenner

Jul 15, 2021
UK
I thought very much the same Jerry.

I do wonder if airports such as CWL may benefit somewhere along the line.

Only time will tell…

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
Can only keep finger's crossed that they'll add more to CWL.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
If anyone is interested in a cheap getaway for September Ryanair have flights to Barcelona onsale starting at £4.99 one way.
Good for consumers but not a good omen for the route's survival.

MrFenner

Jul 15, 2021
UK
If anyone is interested in a cheap getaway for September Ryanair have flights to Barcelona onsale starting at £4.99 one way.
Good for consumers but not a good omen for the route's survival.

You’d be surprised; there’s a absolute tonne of routes across their network that are priced the same…

Winter is going to be hard.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
You’d be surprised; there’s a absolute tonne of routes across their network that are priced the same…

Winter is going to be hard.
Can only hope that the pandemic is taken into account and flights for next year return.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
Booked my return flight from Dublin on 1st Nov. Base fare price was 15 euro so hopefully with prices like that it might encourage inbound tourism from Ireland. In all my return flight cost £85 with seat selection priority boarding and cabin baggage. Can't complain about prices like that!

MrFenner

Jul 15, 2021
UK
Ryanair S22 appears to be loaded:

- AGP 2 x weekly, Wed & Sun (full season)
- FAO 2 x weekly, Mon & Fri (full season)

No sign of BCN as yet.

Of course DUB has been on sale for a few weeks already, 4 x weekly for S22 (M,W,F,Su)

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
Good to see Faro and Malaga loaded up especially Malaga all summer, just gotta keep the fingers that we'll see Barcelona return. That means so far for Summer 2022 Ryanair will operate 8 weekly flights. Fingers crossed it'll be 10 with Barcelona!

Last edited:

MrFenner

Jul 15, 2021
UK
Faro is on Tuesday and Saturday on the app.
My apologies, you’re right.

I just assumed they were the same as always….

My mistake!

This means theres at least one FR rotation everyday (ex Thu)

Last edited:

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
My apologies, you’re right.

I just assumed they were the same as always….

My mistake!

This means theres at least one FR rotation each day, except Saturday.
Thursday we won't see any Ryanair flights. Sunday and Wednesday we'll have Malaga and Dublin. Obviously if Barcelona returns we could have other days but considering that they've launched it from Bristol i suspect that's the end of Barcelona but i hope i'm proved wrong. But with Malaga all summer and Dublin 4 weekly that's an increase in seats and up to 8 weekly flights.

TheLocalYokel

Honorary Member Of Forums4airports
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Thursday we won't see any Ryanair flights. Sunday and Wednesday we'll have Malaga and Dublin. Obviously if Barcelona returns we could have other days but considering that they've launched it from Bristol i suspect that's the end of Barcelona but i hope i'm proved wrong. But with Malaga all summer and Dublin 4 weekly that's an increase in seats and up to 8 weekly flights.

Acknowledge to jason1-11 in the LBA forum for this link but I suppose the same could be said about CWL as is being speculated re MME.

As for Barcelona, it's odd that Ryanair has opened a BRS route when easyJet flies there 2 x daily (14 x weekly). BRS-Girona (another of Ryanair's 'Barcelonas') is back to 6 x weekly next summer too. It can only be presumed that Ryanair is 'after' easyJet at BRS as FR is starting a Madrid route when easyJet already flies there year-round (daily in summer). This seems to be the latest challenge to an easyJet BRS route - Ryanair has been increasing its duplication of easyJet routes there for a number of years.

Whether that would count against a substantial increased Ryanair presence at CWL is impossible to even guess realistically with Ryanair - look how they axed their Malta routes from South Wales and South West England with easyJet stepping in to cover the void. That was particularly strange as it opened a door for easyJet that they entered.

Probably in the end it's all down to how much an airport wants Ryanair and how much it's prepared to 'pay', even if indirectly.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
Would the airport risk going after a Ryanair base now that they've attracted Wizz? Would be nice to have a Ryanair base but if routes like Barcelona don't work for them (I suspect Barcelona may well have been dropped) are they going to operate other more marginal that maybe needed to make a base work? Especially if it's 2 based aircraft or more.
But never say never. They launched Dublin recently so we don't know if that could be part of something more that's to come.

TheLocalYokel

Honorary Member Of Forums4airports
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Didn't Ryanair recently remove a lot of flights from Cork recently only to announce within days that Cork would become a base with more routes than before?

Nethercote2019

Apr 17, 2019
Birmingham
It’s what RYR do …. then make big splash about new flights & X jobs they are creating
But no mention of what has been removed.
I’m sure it’s all about bargaining cost prices & taking advantage of advertising

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
Most airlines are the same they don't tend to announce routes that are cut.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.