I thought very much the same Jerry.

I do wonder if airports such as CWL may benefit somewhere along the line.

Only time will tell…

Can only keep finger's crossed that they'll add more to CWL.

If anyone is interested in a cheap getaway for September Ryanair have flights to Barcelona onsale starting at £4.99 one way.
Good for consumers but not a good omen for the route's survival.

If anyone is interested in a cheap getaway for September Ryanair have flights to Barcelona onsale starting at £4.99 one way.
Good for consumers but not a good omen for the route's survival.

You’d be surprised; there’s a absolute tonne of routes across their network that are priced the same…

Winter is going to be hard.

You’d be surprised; there’s a absolute tonne of routes across their network that are priced the same…

Winter is going to be hard.
Can only hope that the pandemic is taken into account and flights for next year return.

Booked my return flight from Dublin on 1st Nov. Base fare price was 15 euro so hopefully with prices like that it might encourage inbound tourism from Ireland. In all my return flight cost £85 with seat selection priority boarding and cabin baggage. Can't complain about prices like that!

Ryanair S22 appears to be loaded:

- AGP 2 x weekly, Wed & Sun (full season)
- FAO 2 x weekly, Mon & Fri (full season)

No sign of BCN as yet.

Of course DUB has been on sale for a few weeks already, 4 x weekly for S22 (M,W,F,Su)

Good to see Faro and Malaga loaded up especially Malaga all summer, just gotta keep the fingers that we'll see Barcelona return. That means so far for Summer 2022 Ryanair will operate 8 weekly flights. Fingers crossed it'll be 10 with Barcelona!

Last edited:
Faro is on Tuesday and Saturday on the app.
My apologies, you’re right.

I just assumed they were the same as always….

My mistake!

This means theres at least one FR rotation everyday (ex Thu)

Last edited:
My apologies, you’re right.

I just assumed they were the same as always….

My mistake!

This means theres at least one FR rotation each day, except Saturday.
Thursday we won't see any Ryanair flights. Sunday and Wednesday we'll have Malaga and Dublin. Obviously if Barcelona returns we could have other days but considering that they've launched it from Bristol i suspect that's the end of Barcelona but i hope i'm proved wrong. But with Malaga all summer and Dublin 4 weekly that's an increase in seats and up to 8 weekly flights.

Thursday we won't see any Ryanair flights. Sunday and Wednesday we'll have Malaga and Dublin. Obviously if Barcelona returns we could have other days but considering that they've launched it from Bristol i suspect that's the end of Barcelona but i hope i'm proved wrong. But with Malaga all summer and Dublin 4 weekly that's an increase in seats and up to 8 weekly flights.

Acknowledge to jason1-11 in the LBA forum for this link but I suppose the same could be said about CWL as is being speculated re MME.

As for Barcelona, it's odd that Ryanair has opened a BRS route when easyJet flies there 2 x daily (14 x weekly). BRS-Girona (another of Ryanair's 'Barcelonas') is back to 6 x weekly next summer too. It can only be presumed that Ryanair is 'after' easyJet at BRS as FR is starting a Madrid route when easyJet already flies there year-round (daily in summer). This seems to be the latest challenge to an easyJet BRS route - Ryanair has been increasing its duplication of easyJet routes there for a number of years.

Whether that would count against a substantial increased Ryanair presence at CWL is impossible to even guess realistically with Ryanair - look how they axed their Malta routes from South Wales and South West England with easyJet stepping in to cover the void. That was particularly strange as it opened a door for easyJet that they entered.

Probably in the end it's all down to how much an airport wants Ryanair and how much it's prepared to 'pay', even if indirectly.

Would the airport risk going after a Ryanair base now that they've attracted Wizz? Would be nice to have a Ryanair base but if routes like Barcelona don't work for them (I suspect Barcelona may well have been dropped) are they going to operate other more marginal that maybe needed to make a base work? Especially if it's 2 based aircraft or more.
But never say never. They launched Dublin recently so we don't know if that could be part of something more that's to come.

Didn't Ryanair recently remove a lot of flights from Cork recently only to announce within days that Cork would become a base with more routes than before?

It’s what RYR do …. then make big splash about new flights & X jobs they are creating
But no mention of what has been removed.
I’m sure it’s all about bargaining cost prices & taking advantage of advertising

Most airlines are the same they don't tend to announce routes that are cut.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock