It’s what RYR do …. then make big splash about new flights & X jobs they are creating
But no mention of what has been removed.
I’m sure it’s all about bargaining cost prices & taking advantage of advertising
I think that’s what every company does, aviation or not.

Looking at the inaugural flight from Dublin today and according to the seat map 112 seats are taken up and looking at the flight from Cardiff the seat map says 105 seats are taken up. Considering the short period onsale and the travel restrictions i don't think this is too bad.
I was supposed to be on the inaugural flight but Ryanair changed the time to a late night departure and tomorrows to an early morning departure which messed up my plans! Rebooked though for next year!

“I’d like to thank Ryanair for their continued focus on developing their network from Cardiff Airport.”
Do we think that Ryanair have more routes in mind for Cardiff in the future?

“I’d like to thank Ryanair for their continued focus on developing their network from Cardiff Airport.”
Do we think that Ryanair have more routes in mind for Cardiff in the future?
I would not base a judgement on the quoted remark from a senior CWL management member. It's the sort of thing one would expect him to say.

That said, I would not be surprised to hear some further CWL Ryanair news for next summer.

That said, I would not be surprised to hear some further CWL Ryanair news for next summer.
Fingers crossed! Would definitely be a positive for the airport to achieve getting another route from Ryanair and go back to 4 routes with them. Would be nice to see Malta return.

A post on a ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- group it was reported that the load for this morning's departure to Dublin was 104 passengers and that Friday's departure was practically full.

A post on a ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- group it was reported that the load for this morning's departure to Dublin was 104 passengers and that Friday's departure was practically full.
If the market continues to prove itself there ought to be a good chance of increasing the frequency sooner than later.

So that means Malaga goes back to being a short season. That's disappointing.

Malaga is now only on sale next summer until 31st August.
So that means Malaga goes back to being a short season. That's disappointing.
Exeter-Malaga also shown as ending this summer after 31 August.

Both are worth keeping an eye on as we know that Ryanair 'comes and goes' in its destination timetables.

Ryanair have added a cluster of flights for the Six Nations (IRE vs WAL) on the weekend of 4-6 February 2022…on the Friday there are 4 departures to DUB!

That's great news, after last years travel decimation of the 6 nations, a great many of the Welsh Rugby fans will look forward to Dublin.

CWL does not need EIR (op by EAI) at this time!

It has only just gotten back a 4 x weekly DUB service with Ryanair…and nobody wants to upset Mr O’Leary.

There are still plenty of people from South Wales using Ryanair from BRS because the flight timings are more convenient for them, and because there is a lot more frequency of flights.

From the passenger figures I’ve seen of late it would seem barely anyone is using them, regardless of where they live!

Don't really need them at the moment and I'd have thought the airport might want Ryanair to be more established.

A discussion in the CWL General thread initially about Emerald Airlines branched off into Ryanair. I've extracted the Ryanair posts from that thread and copied them here for any further discussion.

I've looked at tomorrow's Ryanair flights from Cardiff and Bristol to Dublin. It's only a snapshot but does throw up one interesting point. Ryanair's booking engine shows the following information for these flights.

Cardiff-Dublin departing 1325 hours has a value fare (ie cheapest) of £26.99 with 103 seats shown occupied (at time of checking mid-evening today).

Bristol Dublin departing 0750 hours has a value fare of £70.99 with 111 seats shown occupied (at time of checking mid-evening today)

Bristol Dublin departing 1400 hours has a value fare of £112.99 with 131 seats shown occupied (at time of checking mid-evening today)

Bristol Dublin departing 1850 hours has a value fare of £134.99 with 107 seats shown occupied (at time of checking mid-evening today)

This is a clear example where fares from CWL to the same destination at approximately the same departure time on the same day are not always dearer than those from Bristol. In fact, it would pay people to travel to CWL from the West Country to catch the CWL flight tomorrow lunchtime - it's £86 cheaper.

How many people actually travel on these flights because of Omicron is unclear but it would seem that the seats have been purchased, the flights will operate and Ryanair will rightly retain the fare money

2 x one-off flights between VIE and CWL for the FIFA World Cup Play-off semi-finals on Thursday, 24 March 2022 at Cardiff City Stadium where Wales will play Austria.

FR90 VIE 06:45 - 08:10 CWL on 24/03/2022 only
FR91 CWL 08:35 - 12:00 VIE on 24/03/2022 only

FR90 VIE 08:10 - 11:35 CWL on 25/03/2022 only
FR91 CWL 12:00 - 15:25 VIE on 25/03/2022 only

Operated by Lauda Europe.

Looks like Ryanair have cut Dublin to 2 weekly for the rest of this month. Goes back to 4 weekly in February.
CAA stats for November are out. 3925 passengers used the route in November which averages 115 passengers per flight. Personally i don't think that's too bad in a pandemic. Will be curious to see what December is like.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock