Okay - thank you.
Would there be any truth in PMO-MAN?
For April it is showing every Monday 1740 PMO- 1855 MAN?
This would represent a 2hr15min flight time?

Those timings to Seville show 3hrs 40 out (presumably with a 1 hr time difference) but 2-40 on the return.
Wouldn't it be 1-40 on the return if we are an hour earlier?

Still, it looks very promising.

Could well need a slight time change Land23R.

It's promising for a few reasons:

It doesn't match any current MAN arrivals (0030)

It doesn't match any SVQ departures (2150)

And too short for a connection.

All these flights could be errors, as there are errors in the MAN-BCN timetable that it shows MAN departures at 1530 and 1535.

Fingers crossed. I'm aware a base is coming, but I've not been told routes. Thus far, the timetable shows Seville, Santiago, Ibiza, Catania and Palmero as potential new routes, with potentially more if I had the patience to search.

The BHX-SVQ is an error one as it shows a current SVQ-BCN departure time but for some reason isn't showing the whole route.

MAN-SVQ doesn't match any current timings and last night at least, the route was in GDS (not checked this AM)

The BHX-SVQ is an error one as it shows a current SVQ-BCN departure time but for some reason isn't showing the whole route.

MAN-SVQ doesn't match any current timings and last night at least, the route was in GDS (not checked this AM)
It does sound promising. Do Catania, Santander etc. still look like new routes?

At this time, it does look like new routes. Potentially Zurich too but could be a connection, as Its too long by 30 mins but equally too short for a connection.

At this time, it does look like new routes. Potentially Zurich too but could be a connection, as Its too long by 30 mins but equally too short for a connection.
Okay and a base is looking pretty certain at this point?

A 2 a/c base with no W patterns to other airports during the day would indicate something like 32-42 departures a week, depending on how many long sectors were involved. It could mean existing routes switching to based a/c with revised schedules but I don't think there is enough information right now to judge.

I'm sure User001 will keep us informed so let's just wait to see how this unfolds.

The present focus very much seems to be on connecting MAN with the Southern European heartlands of Vueling's operation.

That will inevitably have a certain element of duplication where those routes can be served by away based aircraft.

I wonder whether some of the presently unknown routes flown by based aircraft will be to Northern European destinations where Vueling currently have a limited presence?

Ignore all the new routes posted.

Spoke to the people in the know and apparently it's just a lot of coding issues with the timetable section.

The base is still on but the timetabled routes bear no relevance to the proposed routes.

Spoke to the people in the know and apparently it's just a lot of coding issues with the timetable section.

The base is still on but the timetabled routes bear no relevance to the proposed routes.
Are there any new routes on the horizon then from Vueling? As Seville was earmarked?

Anything planned for BHX do you know?

Just what we need, or not? They join KLM, flybe and easyjet who have considerably higher frequencies.

From that well known source on the other forum, it now seems the anticipated Vueling base is also unlikely to happen even though they haven't returned slots by the deadline. The ACL report showed just over 700,000 seats from the slots applied for, although some of those will still be used for flights with non-based a/c.

It is beginning to look as if some of those ambitious predictions of pax numbers for 2017 might have to be scaled down a little, but with the usual caveats re financial crisis, wars, strikes etc. it should still be a decent year hopefully.

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock