Virgin Atlantic

Advertisement

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
So... Barbados is 3 weekly next summer. The bigger picture is this:

" today, we are expanding on that with an extra 43,000 seats to key leisure destinations for Summer 2020, which is a clear sign of our ambition to offer increased choice to our customers travelling from the North West. "

Taken from today's essential online news provider, the St Lucia Times https://stluciatimes.com/virgin-atlantic-announces-increased-flights-to-barbados/

lbaspotter

Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
More Long Haul expansion for Virgin at Manchester next summer 2020.

Virgin Atlantic will increase flights on 3 routes in Peak Summer 2020 from Manchester:

Barbados = Increases from 2x to 3x weekly
Las Vegas = Increases from 4x to 6x weekly
Orlando = Increases from 12x to 14x weekly

Vinny94

Dec 11, 2018
Birmingham
Possible flights to India may happen in the future?

The article states that:
"The airline is also exploring the option to connect Manchester with India."

The former jet airways service was doing quite well from Manchester until it sadly collapsed, so this looks like a good opportunity for Virgin Atlantic.

But as this is the third time they relaunched the LHR-BOM route, I'm hoping the route will be profitable from Manchester and doesn't get served for a short period of time.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Time for a little look at Virgin Atlantic's plans for S20

The table below is taken for the period 29th March - 24th October and therefore comprises 210 days.

An assumption must be made that not all flights operate for the whole of this period - hence the odd number of daily departure shown in the right-hand column.

I have also taken the liberty of including the Delta service that replaces Virgin on the Boston route.

Llandudno

Feb 3, 2019
Llandudno
I have a feeling LAS and BOS have errors in the movements front.

LAS has increased from 4 to 6 weekly in the Peak, and I'm not aware of any reductions elsewhere in the season, so should sit at least 10-15% up, rather than down 0.8%.

BOS should be up 133%, as it increases from 3 to 7 weekly over the same period as last year.

Other than that, thank you for taking the time to compile the list.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Interesting thoughts. As you know I can only go from the reports that mysteriously arrive in my "inbox".

I think it's the first time that I've actually seen this type of source file being produced by the originator.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
An updated version of my Virgin long-haul timetable for Winter 2020 - now including Delhi

Amended due to error in arrival time of VS319

Last edited:

Land23R

Platinum Member
May 9, 2014
Cheshire
Many thanks Scottie.

I know the future of flybe/Virgin Connect is still unclear but I don't understand the timings of those ATL and JFK flights as things stand.
Timings may of course change for next winter but the current domestic arrivals wave for flybe on weekdays shows:-
15.45 Inverness.
15.55 Belfast City
16.00 Aberdeen
16.05 Southampton
16.15 Edinburgh
16.15 Exeter

None of those would enable transfers to the 2 US flights, and only possibly Inverness & Belfast City for the Delhi if flybe moved to T2.
Not sure of the arrival times for flybe's European services - DUS, LYS, AMS, PAR, HAJ (are they all still operating?)

For the Delhi arrival at 12.10, that's quite a long connecting time for JFK and ATL (only the Fri arrival coincides with an ATL departure I think). The latest US arrival from the US is from ATL at11.25 which on a Saturday would mean a 5 hour wait for the Delhi.

Currently, the early wave of flybe arrivals does provide transfer options for the Virgin flights, albeit a long connecting time for JFK in some cases.

So, which other airlines does VS have a code-sharing agreement with or which allow for through ticketing, that could tie in with the late departures to JFK, ATL and DEL?

Or is it just a case of waiting to see the final picture?

Comet

Feb 25, 2010
According to the Virgin Press release BGI will be three per week from January on a 747 on Monday Thursday and Saturday.

LS@MAN

Feb 20, 2018
UK
I’m sure/hope discussions are going on behind closed doors ref the timings of domestic Flybe arrivals to coincide nicely with the VS long haul departures...top of the agenda I would like to think is Flybe over to the new pier 2 in the summer? But would that then mean AF/KL would also have to follow?

Top Bottom