Sorry Dan to be slow in replying. I don't know whether this is too late for you, and it depends if you have a car or not. I would suggest you try to get to the Southside - up from what use to be the Valley Lodge hotel (sorry I'm probably showing my age).
Hope that helps.

Sorry Dan I'm afraid I'm rather out of touch with that side if the airport. Looking at Google maps if you head through the airport tunnels on the A538 you'll come to a roundabout just before the Airport Inn. First exit on left is Altrincham Rd and about 200yds up on the left there appears to be space for 2 or 3 cars (I think there's a gate to stop you going any further up the road.) Alternatively you may be able to park at the hotel itself.
Either way you'll need to walk up to the runway, but I seem to recall it's a well trotted path. Please ensure you take out anything that you take in - there a history of rubbish being left behind by people.
Try having a look at the "Announcements" page on Manchester Airport Spotters on ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- and you'll find a little more info. You could try phoning the hotel and see if they're able to offer free parking as I assume they are probably closed to guests.

Courtesy of AlphaFive on ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-

The departure of G-VGAL on Friday has now been cancelled. There is currently no departure showing at all for this aircraft. When I see the new details I will post here.

Update from airlineroutes:

Manchester – Bridgetown eff 29MAR21 Increase from 3 weekly in S20 to 4 weekly, A330-200 operating
Manchester – Delhi Planned 3 weekly service cancelled (This route will not be offered as planned from late-October 2020)
Manchester – Los Angeles eff 28MAR21 A330-300 replaces A330-200 in S20, 3 weekly
Manchester – New York JFK eff 28MAR21 A330-300 replaces -200, 1 daily
Manchester – Orlando eff 28MAR21 12 weekly A330-200/-300 replaces 747-400/A330-300 in S20

Thanks Scottie. I see there's no ATL listed which, considering the connections available from there, is a bit of a surprise. (unless it was already known ATL was being dropped and I'd missed it.). Anyway, it looks like 4 based a/c for MAN to operate that schedule.

Think ATL is a DL flight now

Boston was going to switch from Virgin to Delta, but I didn't think ATL was.

Obviously subject to change but flights are currently on sale on Virgin's website for Atlanta next April. Currently showing as daily A330 from 26MAR21 (3x weekly over Winter 20/21).

Boston was going to switch from Virgin to Delta, but I didn't think ATL was.

Obviously subject to change but flights are currently on sale on Virgin's website for Atlanta next April. Currently showing as daily A330 from 26MAR21 (3x weekly over Winter 20/21).

Also showing as operating October'20 for connections to MCO (as well as direct flights). Not checked frequencies but fares given so presumably bookable.

Today's update from Airlineroutes:

Manchester – Orlando eff 24AUG20 1 daily A330-300 (Selected dates operated by 787-9 for the week of 24AUG20)
VS075 MAN1000 – 1400MCO 333 D
VS076 MCO1710 – 0615+1MAN 333 6
VS076 MCO1720 – 0625+1MAN 333 x16
VS076 MCO1840 – 0745+1MAN 333 1

Courtesy of Airlineroutes
Virgin Atlantic moves Manchester – Orlando service resumption to Oct 2020
Posted 20 August 2020 02:00

Virgin Atlantic in recent schedule update delayed planned Manchester – Orlando service. Initially scheduled to resume on 24AUG20, the airline will be resuming this route on 06OCT20. For the remainder of summer 2020 season, the airline will operate Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft, 4 times weekly.

VS075 MAN1000 – 1400MCO 789 x135
VS076 MCO1815 – 0720+1MAN 789 x135

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock