Philadelphia – Edinburgh Seasonal 1 daily 757 cancelled

Due to delays in B787 deliveries American Airlines have pulled a number of routes for 2022. Sadly Edinburgh is one of them with no flights available next year.

C-SeanM1997

Although not confirmed officially, a few sources is reporting that American have or about to drop DFW-DUB and PHL-LIS. Could this be bad news for EDI? Make it less likely that PHL-EDI will return in S23? AA like VS is very unpredictable and chop/change operations on a whim.

Interesting article with comments from Philadelphia CEO. Targeting the resumption of several routes, including EDI. Talks with AA already taken place.

for those who can’t access, here’s a few lines from the article.

As for international service, Saeed wants to regain all of the 12 missing routes in 2024. Specific destinations he wants to see make their return are Reykjavik, Iceland; Edinburgh, Scotland; Manchester, England; Budapest, Hungary; Berlin, Germany; and Prague, Czech Republic.

PHL is currently working with American Airlines (NASDAQ: AAL) to see what can be done to put these flights back on the schedule.

the problem is what they are going to fly the route with and as Manchester is in same position and we both have to wait for the A321 to arrive in 2025

PHL-EDI is very likely. The PHL airport has this on their top 5 list of service resumption’s. I’m hearing from several sources that DFW-EDI is very much under discussion. Lots of business and tourism networking been taking place in the DFW metroplex. AA have taken delivery of more 787s. This should allow them to grow again in the euro destinations.

What is this whole DFW-EDI rumour about? Surely they'd serve JFK and CLT and ORD before even considering it? It'd be a fantastic route (useful for myself!) but I just don't see why they would launch it?

What is this whole DFW-EDI rumour about? Surely they'd serve JFK and CLT and ORD before even considering it? It'd be a fantastic route (useful for myself!) but I just don't see why they would launch it?
The rumour is about the possibility of AA opening a DFW-EDI route. They serve PHL, CLT, ORD and DFW from DUB (not JFK) so it's not unthinkable that they could serve DFW from EDI without serving JFK, CLT and ORD. I would have thought that any return to EDI by AA would be a PHL route first with an additional gateway (like CLT or DFW) following some years thereafter.

The various rumours I've seen are:
On the MSP rumour, I note that GD was recently in DL's ATL HQ, ostensibly to show off the new DL tartan, but there's no way an airport's CEO turns up at an airline's HQ just for that. Potentially unrelated, but this article quotes GD as saying "Dewar said he was able, as Edinburgh Airport’s chief executive, to speak directly with airlines to offer the best deals on attracting new routes."

Resized_Screenshot_20230731-171930_Chrome_....jpeg

The difference between DUB and EDI is that passengers from US can transfer onto EI which is part of the BA/AA jv. EDI is a point to point destination. There would be negigible business traffic between EDI and DFW and as for tourism it’s a long way, unlike routes from BOS or NYC. PHL/EDI must be a better bet. Even CLT would be more realistic than DFW.

As I have said elsewhere, airports can raise destinations with airlines and say they are in discussions when the airlines are not interested. All airports do it.

Mr. Dewar should, perhaps, be spending more time addressing the overcrowding problem and bad PR rather than looking at routes which may turn out to be unrealistic.

EDI appears to have missed out. AA have just confirmed new and returning route for S24

PHL

Copenhagen
Naples
Nice

ORD

Venice (resumption)

DFW

Barcelona

All due to operate daily on 788,789 and 772 aircraft.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock