TheLocalYokel

Honorary Member Of Forums4airports
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Wales v Germany, World Cup qualifier at Millennium Stadium Wed 1st April.

I've noticed two arrivals from Germany in past two days - one from Leipzig and one from Cologne (I think).
Presumably to do with the football. Anyone any further information on these (and other similar?) flights?

• Admin
Thank you, planenut.

I imagine the LH A320 may have carried the team and its back-up staff - can't think they would fly in on a turbo prop.

I can't see any German flights for today listed on the CWL arrivals board. I would have thought that Germany would have a fair-sized following so perhaps supporters are using scheduled flights elsewhere and the Chunnel.

Local, as I was coming home from work earlier I noticed a fair few German supporters in the centre of the city, so they may have flown in to BRS or via other airports and made the journey to Cardiff by train or bus. Have noticed some German coaches in Cardiff as well

• Admin
An Air Mediterreanee A321 arrived at BRS from Cologne yesterday lunchtime. It is due to depart today at 1320.

Could be football related I guess, but why it did not land at CWL I have no idea. It was scheduled for BRS in their Mayfly.

It's not as if there wasn't any room at CWL as sometimes can be the case with big rugby cup finals involving Irish and French clubs at the Millennium.

Just posted this on the BHX thread but hopefully Cardiff will se a Vulcan fly past on Saturday afternoon.

This Saturday afternoon, XH558 will (subject to weather, tech, etc) make her final flight of the season, a special tour to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of the prototype Vulcan’s first flight in 1952. XH558 will make a flypast of airfields
close to some of the sites that played an important role in the technical story: Doncaster – Bitteswell - Coventry, Birmingham, RAF Cosford, Gloucester (Staverton), Cheltenham, Filton, Cardiff, St. Athan, Ross-on-Wye, RAF Halton (near Aylesbury), Doncaster. More info on Friday. We won’t receive any display fees, so we have set-up a text donation line for people who would like to help us pay for the fuel. You can text TOUR123 to 70070 to donate £3 or TOUR125 to donate £5 or TOUR1210 to donate £10. For those wondering why Woodford isn’t on the list, it’s because we paid tribute on the way back from CarFest earlier in the month.

https://www.***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-.com/pages/Vulcan-X ... 5?ref=name

• Admin
Not strictly CWL but near enough. The linked BBC report contains a diagram setting out each aircraft and its position in the fly-past.

[textarea]Nato aircraft in summit flypast over Newport and Cardiff

A display of 22 military aircraft from nine countries will fly over Newport and Cardiff during the Nato summit.

The RAF's Red Arrows will be joined by fighters from the USA, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Poland, Portugal and the Netherlands.

The flypast takes place over the summit at the Celtic Manor Resort on Friday 5 September at 09:00 BST.

People are advised to get the best view of the planes from Cardiff Bay at 08:30 BST.

In Newport, the display is expected at about 08:45 BST to the south of the city centre, over Spytty Park, Beechwood Park and Lliswerry.[/textarea]

Full report at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-28992110

I imagine all the nato related traffic is now cleared. a good amount of extra buisness for cwl and brs. well done to both airports for the way things were handled.

• Admin
Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 October 2015

Ireland is playing France in the Rugby World Cup at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff on Sunday afternoon which has given rise to numerous extra flights from those countries into CWL.

Thanks to the South Wales Aviation Group website which I gladly acknowledge and provide a link below, I've been able to summarise these extra movements.

On Saturday 10 October there were 56 arrivals overall which contrasts with the 23 on a normal Saturday at this time of year meaning the rugby match generated 33 arrivals that day- there were also regular scheduled flights from Dublin and Paris.

Sunday 11 October saw 59 arrivals overall which contrasts with the 21 on a normal Sunday at this time of the year meaning the rugby match generated 38 arrivals that day.

Anyone wishing to see more details of each arrival (and departure) including timings, call signs, type and reg of aircraft can obtain them by visiting the South Wales Aviation Group website though the link at the bottom of this post.

To summarise, the following airlines were involved:

Vueling - A320
Ryanair - B 738
Aer Lingus - ATR 72 and A 320
CityJet - ARJ 85
Chalair - ATR 42 and E 190
Enter Air B 734 and B 738
Transavia - B 738
SmartLynx - A 320
Binair - SW 4
VLM - F 50
Germania - B 737 and A 321
Titan - B 738
Air Explore - B 734
Twin Jet - E 190
Corsair - A 330
Air Hop - E 145, E 170 and CRJ 700
Links Air - J 41
Carpatair - F 100
Iguana - SF 34

Many of these airlines did multi trips with the most popular airports being Dublin and Paris Cdg. Other airports included Cork, Shannon, Paris Orly, Le Bourget, Marseille, Lyon, Toulouse, Bordeaux and Le Havre.

South Wales Aviation Group website link - http://cardiffstathan.blogspot.co.uk

I'm really disappointed that I didn't pay close attention to Cardiff on my more recent visits to Flightradar24.

Next weekend I'll have to keep a sharp look out :)

Although I think most of the flights were shown on FR24 radar when they occurred they aren't shown on the FR24 CWL arrivals/departures button.

I have been able to photograph a few of the Flights going into CWL overhead en route from Ireland.

Here are a few starting from yesterday -

E.

More rugby movements.

Last night Ryanair laid on flights from Dublin and Shannon. This morning there have been the following arrivals so far:

ST4848 from Toulouse operated by A319 D-ASTY

ENT560 from Marseille operated by B734 SP-ENB

ENT541 from Paris CDG operated by B738 SP-ENT.

Just saw this en route to Cardiff :)

First time I ever saw an A320 using a Stobart call sign.

There were several A 320s flown into both CWL and BRS for last weekend's rugby world cup matches that used Stobart flight numbers; at least the ones I saw listed did. I presumed that they were Aer Lingus mainline machines.

jfy1999 said:
Prototype A320neo F-WNEW is currently at Cardiff performing tests after arriving from Toulouse yesterday.
there is 2xA320 neo in cwl.they are doing hot fuel testing.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

Latest profile posts

My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.
1st time out and about with my camera for 4 months. 15km walked. Right ankle/foot is mot appreciative of what I did

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock