I wonder how many more services will be cut from airports around the country. I think airports that don't have services to hub airports are very much at risk of cuts.

I wonder how many more services will be cut from airports around the country. I think airports that don't have services to hub airports are very much at risk of cuts.
Except that they don't seem to be expanding to the hubs in fact they've reduced flights to Heathrow. At the moment it seems it's all about Southend. Maybe that show's who is pulling the strings at the moment.

Except that they don't seem to be expanding to the hubs in fact they've reduced flights to Heathrow. At the moment it seems it's all about Southend. Maybe that show's who is pulling the strings at the moment.

They wont offer NQY-LPL next summer which is disappointing .

If they pulled the Newquay-London Heathrow route, then quite simply they'd lose the funding that the government awarded to have the service run, right? I guess also with the impending Flybe rebrand, it's not helping the situation either...

If they pulled the Newquay-London Heathrow route, then quite simply they'd lose the funding that the government awarded to have the service run, right? I guess also with the impending Flybe rebrand, it's not helping the situation either...
Yes they wouldn't get the PSO funding anymore and there would be no stopping another airline applying for it.

In the Exeter forum Flybeboy has mentioned that Newquay could see more expansion from Flybe.
But concerning the base, does Flybe have based crew at Newquay or do they overnight from say Manchester as I believe that they have 2 based aircraft there?

Heathrow flights will go onsale on 6th January.
NQY-LHR flights still not one sale beyond 28 March and the ubiquitous Mr Calder has written about the situation again in the Independent yesterday.

NQY Airport say that flights after 28 March 'are expected to go on sale some time this week'.

Flybe say, 'We have announced the first phase of our 2020 summer schedule and are working closely with our partners across the network, including those in Cornwall, to finalise our full 2020 summer programme relating to those services which may currently not feature in this seasonal schedule. Details will be announced shortly.'

Mr Calder adds that there is speculation in Cornwall that Flybe wants to move the flights from Heathrow to Southend.

Mr Calder adds that there is speculation in Cornwall that Flybe wants to move the flights from Heathrow to Southend.
While no doubt keeping the money from the PSO contract. I doubt Cornwall council want to pay money to an airline to operate to Southend!

DETAILS OF FLYBE’S TWO NEW SUMMER 2020 ROUTES FROM NEWQUAY

Available for travel 29th March – 24th October 2020

NEWQUAY(NQY) – AMSTERDAM (AMS)

Operates Daily (excepting Wed)

Dep NQY 1110 Arr 1355 Dep AMS 1440 Arr NQY 1525

NEWQUAY (NQY) – LONDON GATWICK (LGW)

Operates Daily
Dep NQY 0705 Arr LGW 0825 Dep LGW 0925 Arr NQY 1040
Dep NQY 1015 Arr LGW 1135 Dep LGW 1220 Arr NQY 1335
Dep NQY 1555 Arr LGW 1715 Dep LGW 1800 Arr NQY 1915
Dep NQY 1835 Arr LGW 1955 Dep LGW 2045 Arr NQY 2200

Full schedule details of all schedules available at www.flybe.com

LGW keeps Branson happy as thats where most Virgin holiday flights are rather than Heathrow which is predominately business.....KLM will by happy as they don't have to service the route now.
I sincerely doubt that Branson has anything to do with it. Gatwick fills the compliance of the PSO but if I was Cornwall council I'd be pretty annoyed as it isn't the access to an international hub they wanted. Irony is the AMS route is.

Well what a week for Flybe. The AMS route is fab news for NQY.. long wanted and overdue.. it is an irony that we lose our own hub but schipol ain’t to shabby. Great options with KLM..
well done NQY!
I sincerely hope Flybe or Virgin Connect really get this airline to a good place. NQY would be dead without them...

My question is: does the switch from LHR to LGW still meet the PSO? Did I read somewhere that when the PSO went to tender, FlyBe fended off a bid from rivals British Airways? Might they get a bit pissed off about it?

My question is: does the switch from LHR to LGW still meet the PSO? Did I read somewhere that when the PSO went to tender, FlyBe fended off a bid from rivals British Airways? Might they get a bit pissed off about it?
I believe most PSOs that go to London airports can be operated to any London airport as long as they have slots available. So unless the PSO specifically states Heathrow Gatwick should meet the qualification.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock