Flybe gone.... Very bad news for the airport...
don’t know what this means for the London route?
staff and the Cornish public will be severely impacted by this.
Just don’t know what airline is out there to pick up the kind of connectivity Flybe provided to the regions.

Flybe gone.... Very bad news for the airport...
don’t know what this means for the London route?
staff and the Cornish public will be severely impacted by this.
Just don’t know what airline is out there to pick up the kind of connectivity Flybe provided to the regions.
There aren't many options left and there'll be high demand for those airlines. Time for Michael O'Leary and Willie Walsh to fill the routes. They got what they wanted!

There aren't many options left and there'll be high demand for those airlines. Time for Michael O'Leary and Willie Walsh to fill the routes. They got what they wanted!
With the virus beginning to bite with even the big airlines because of softening of passenger demand it would surely be the case that if many Flybe routes were not viable for the likes of easyJet and Ryanair in normal times they would be even less viable at the moment.

The government might have to act, but it would have to be compliant with EU regulations until the end of the year as the UK is committed to complying with them during the trasition period.

One method could be to reduce or abolish APD but it would have to be across the UK as a whole to be legal within EU regs and would doubtless run into problems with climate change activists with possible legal challenges. After the 31December this year the government could be more imaginative and selective with its APD if it so wished, but again there might be climate change challenges in the courts.

With the virus beginning to bite with even the big airlines because of softening of passenger demand it would surely be the case that if many Flybe routes were not viable for the likes of easyJet and Ryanair in normal times they would be even less viable at the moment.

The government might have to act, but it would have to be compliant with EU regulations until the end of the year as the UK is committed to complying with them during the trasition period.

One method could be to reduce or abolish APD but it would have to be across the UK as a whole to be legal within EU regs and would doubtless run into problems with climate change activists with possible legal challenges. After the 31December this year the government could be more imaginative and selective with its APD if it so wished, but again there might be climate change challenges in the courts.
Times and things that has happened or could happen ,these climate bodies have to be realistic and cant block every thing that is brought to the table for it to be passed. People have to live and keep industry going. If it came to the crunch i wonder how many of them work and like a flock of sheep they follow each other.

Times and things that has happened or could happen ,these climate bodies have to be realistic and cant block every thing that is brought to the table for it to be passed. People have to live and keep industry going. If it came to the crunch i wonder how many of them work and like a flock of sheep they follow each other.

Unfortunately these `Climate Bodies` are neither responsible or realistic. They don`t care how many lives they wreck in pursuit of their goals. Thats why they are dangerous. They appeal to the gullible, fanatics and the plain stupid. Government need to work out how to isolate them, for the common good. I doubt they have the courage though.

Suppose both will be sat very smug at what has happened to Flybe will little interest in supplying new routes the facts are the demise of Flybe affects the whole of the UK not just the airlines staff it affects tourism and business the government should be worried at the impact it has however I doubt they have little interest all the talk of connecting the regions its very quiet on the government front today with this news.

How the industry and airports fights back from this I don't know the amount of routes and rotations that will be lost forever is going to be significant Monarch was bad Thomas Cook worse however Flybe going is on a totally different scale to those two for the UK, it affect the linking of the whole network and nations.

Do we think we will see the new Flybe back at Newquay? Headquartered at BHX this time. Surely NQY offers options even with others moving in?

Do we think we will see the new Flybe back at Newquay? Headquartered at BHX this time. Surely NQY offers options even with others moving in?
Always a possibility, perhaps more than that.

Any routes in mind in particular?

Good news re LHR - that provides excellent links to London and competition to eastern on the LGW route. Assume year round? Might be that BA pull back for summer 23 with Flybe also in the mix?
Manchester is also very well connected with easyJet, Logan air and now Flybe allbeit summer much more. Again good competition which I like.
All in all good news for Newquay.
I wonder if we will get Amsterdam which was due to come as they went bust last time? Also Belfast?
Routes I should say are looking healthy.. I think Alicante and Faro loads have been strong again

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock