I can't decide whether to put this here or under MANTP? Taken from an update today in PlaneTalk.

"Work has commenced this week on a new taxiway at Manchester Airport that will help to make its operations more efficient as part of its £1bn transformation programme.

The building of Taxiway Delta Echo, as the new taxiway will be called, is the start of the reconfiguration of the airfield at the UK’s third largest airport to help feed the redeveloped Terminal 2.

The works will see 80,000m2 of new taxiway and apron, 40,000m3 of concrete poured and sixteen miles of cabling installed with the aim of all excavated material being diverted from landfill throughout. The work is due to be completed by July 2020.

Galliford Try will deliver the taxiway works as part of the Airfield Phase 2 Design and Build Contract awarded in December 2017. Jacobs are providing MAG with client Project and Programme Management support services for the full airfield scope of the transformation programme.

Once finished, it will improve aircraft access to the new terminal, leading to reduced taxi times and reducing the amount of fuel they burn. The works will be the biggest changes to the airfield since Runway 2 came into operation in 2001.

Andrew Cowan, CEO of Manchester Airport, said: “It’s great to see the start of work for the reconfiguration of our taxiways, which will help to unlock the airfield capacity that will allow the airport to continue to grow.

“It’s another exciting milestone alongside the works already happening on the terminal building. Our airline customers will see taxi times reduced which will ultimately improve the experience for our 28m passengers.”

Chris Scoffield, Managing Director Infrastructure – Rail and Aviation said: “Today marks the start of the next phase of this exciting project. Being part of such a significant transformation for the airport and the North West is a great honour for our company and the local people which we employ.

“We’re looking forward to beginning this new stage of the transformation project, which will enhance the facilities and connectivity of the airport for many years to come.”

Graham Mallett, Airfield Programme Manager, Jacobs, said: “We are pleased to support Manchester Airport in the safe and efficient delivery of new airfield infrastructure, giving airlines and their passengers greater opportunities to travel to and from their destinations of choice.”

Work on the £1bn transformation programme continues at pace. The first pier will open to passengers in April 2019 with the redeveloped terminal building set to open in 2020. For more information visit http://mantp.co.uk/"

I can't decide whether to put this here or under MANTP? Taken from an update today in PlaneTalk.

"Work has commenced this week on a new taxiway at Manchester Airport that will help to make its operations more efficient as part of its £1bn transformation programme.

The building of Taxiway Delta Echo, as the new taxiway will be called, is the start of the reconfiguration of the airfield at the UK’s third largest airport to help feed the redeveloped Terminal 2.

The works will see 80,000m2 of new taxiway and apron, 40,000m3 of concrete poured and sixteen miles of cabling installed with the aim of all excavated material being diverted from landfill throughout. The work is due to be completed by July 2020.

Galliford Try will deliver the taxiway works as part of the Airfield Phase 2 Design and Build Contract awarded in December 2017. Jacobs are providing MAG with client Project and Programme Management support services for the full airfield scope of the transformation programme.

Once finished, it will improve aircraft access to the new terminal, leading to reduced taxi times and reducing the amount of fuel they burn. The works will be the biggest changes to the airfield since Runway 2 came into operation in 2001.

Andrew Cowan, CEO of Manchester Airport, said: “It’s great to see the start of work for the reconfiguration of our taxiways, which will help to unlock the airfield capacity that will allow the airport to continue to grow.

“It’s another exciting milestone alongside the works already happening on the terminal building. Our airline customers will see taxi times reduced which will ultimately improve the experience for our 28m passengers.”

Chris Scoffield, Managing Director Infrastructure – Rail and Aviation said: “Today marks the start of the next phase of this exciting project. Being part of such a significant transformation for the airport and the North West is a great honour for our company and the local people which we employ.

“We’re looking forward to beginning this new stage of the transformation project, which will enhance the facilities and connectivity of the airport for many years to come.”

Graham Mallett, Airfield Programme Manager, Jacobs, said: “We are pleased to support Manchester Airport in the safe and efficient delivery of new airfield infrastructure, giving airlines and their passengers greater opportunities to travel to and from their destinations of choice.”

Work on the £1bn transformation programme continues at pace. The first pier will open to passengers in April 2019 with the redeveloped terminal building set to open in 2020. For more information visit http://mantp.co.uk/"

Scottie Dog, are there any visualisations for this? Would be nice to see where Delta Echo actually is going to be etc. Many thanks.

Rhys - I'm away from home at the moment and so can't attach the diagram that I have, but I'll post it on Monday. I do believe they have slightly misworded the names. There are two separate taxiways, Delta and Echo, which will provide a parallel system.

Basically, if you know the present taxiway layout then it goes like this - Delta starts as at present but then runs through the remote stands in front of the freight building. Echo will start from between Delta and Lima and head north through stands 100/101 before swinging northwest to parallel Delta (slightly offset from the current November) towards the end of new Pier 1.

Anyway I'll post my diagram when I'm home.

As promised.........

scan0002.jpg

The latest AIRAC, effective 11th October, has been released.

As I'm away I can't attach files, but here is a brief resumee:

Runway links are all renamed. Northside 23R are R1 through to R11.
Southside 23R are T1 through to T4.
Northside 23L are W1 through to W6.

Runway 05R/23L taxiways stay as S & V.

Northside taxiways A, B, C, D remain the same although A1 & J1 are renamed as R11 & R1 respectively.

Changes:

Taxiway G (stands 49-58) becomes taxiway P.

Taxiway JE becomes taxiway M and extends across B to its junction with K.

Taxiway JF stays the same.

Taxiway L (stands 10-27) becomes taxiway G.

Taxiway M (stands 22-28) becomes taxiway Y.

Terminal 2

There are currently no changes to taxiways D, N, NA or Q. Taxiway P is however redesignated Link 80.

I hope you can visualise the changes and I'll update with a chart when I'm back home.

This AIRAC has now been delayed for 2 months minimum. Personally I suspect this is to allow other new taxiway designations to be included.

Airport City

A massive investment in Airport City has been announced today by The Hut Group (THG).

Credit to TheBusinessDesk.

Firm splashes out $1bn on largest ever company HQ to be built in North West
THG-@-Airport-City-1-500x333.jpg

The new offices at Manchester Airport

• The largest development ever built by a business in the North West is to be constructed on two sites at Manchester Airport.
  • Online beauty retailer The Hut Group has announced it is investing $1bn (£760m) in the one million square foot development.

The Hut Group has signed a deal to develop offices as well as studio space which will eventually be home to 10,000 workers.

The development, the largest ever by a company in the North West, will be made over two sites close to Manchester Airport.

Next to the UK’s third biggest airport, the largest of the two sites, ‘THQ’, is a new landmark business campus.

The site will be built over 16.8 acres in four phases, with phase one made up of office buildings totalling 280,000 sq. ft.
  • An option agreement has been reached between THG and Airport City Manchester for phases two, three and four of the business campus.

The new development will lead to the creation of 10,000 jobs, the project represents the UK’s largest bespoke office development outside London.

Airport City Manchester’s joint venture partners will act on behalf of THG as the project’s developer, working in partnership with creative executive architect, workplace culture strategist and interior designer, Penson.

A planning application has now been submitted, with construction scheduled to begin in early 2019.

The plans for the interior of THQ have been designed with an integrated approach across the architecture, landscape, interior design, culture and workplace strategy, in order to generate the world’s most enticing and stunning work environment for its talented workforce.

The creation of the campus will mark a significant step in THG’s relationship with Airport City Manchester.

THG already has a presence at Airport City after taking 79,000 sq. ft. of office space in the Voyager and 4M buildings earlier this year.

In total, THG has 5,000 employees globally, of which 1,000 are currently based at the Manchester Airport offices.
The ICON development will provide an extra 104,000 sq. ft. of office space over four floors as well as additional content creation facilities totalling 168,000 sq. ft.

ICON will house 2,000 people who will be focused on video production and photography, to be used across THG’s digital offering.

Over 70% of THG sales came from overseas in 2017 and the firm’s diverse workforce represents 66 nationalities.

Just saw a random tweet from MAN about a new decked parking structure being built on the T1 arrivals car park over the winter. Anyone know more?

Drove along Ringway Road and around T1 (the free bit) today. Of note, the surface parking outside T1 arrivals is closed and being torn up for the new MSCP.

It may be old news, but parallel to Ringway Rd for quite some distance near T3 in the old Barrack block area is a “temporary” deck parking structure - offering an upper and lower level of parking. I hope the one outside T1 arrivals looks nicer!

The new large MSCP by Ringway Rd West is virtually finished. I may be wrong but the entrance from the T3 hotels roundabout suggests it’s staff only.

The T1/3 road layout is such a mess now. Exacerbated by the new Outwood Lane roundabout. And I know where I’m going! Also noticed plenty of people being dropped off / waiting for pick up all over the place.

i used meet and greet at T1 this past week, was surprised to collect the car from level 13 of the multi-storey.

Once I’d driven down from the top floor I could see why!

i used meet and greet at T1 this past week, was surprised to collect the car from level 13 of the multi-storey.

Once I’d driven down from the top floor I could see why!

Any issues getting up to level 13. Last time we used the M&G at T1 the wait for the Odd lifts was ~10-15 mins. We ended up taking the even lifts to level 12 and walking up

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock