jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham/Austria
Big surprise but great news for Liverpool Airport!

New Blue Air base
Romanian airline Blue Air is to expand its European operations and has chosen Liverpool John Lennon Airport as its newest base.

This will be Blue Air's eighth European base and the airline will place a 189-seat Boeing 737-800 aircraft at LJLA from the beginning of the summer 2017 season with the introduction of four new services.

It will operate a daily departure to Rome Fiumicino; four times weekly to Milan Bergamo; four times weekly to Hamburg and a three-times-weekly service to Alicante.

These new services will complement Blue Air's existing flights from Liverpool to three destinations in Romania, adding 160,000 seats from the airport.

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2024012

This has been a very unexpected piece of news and even more so in the face of BREXIT.

Great news for Liverpool (y)
I had the same thought. Blue Air seems to take a different view to Ryanair about opening new UK bases.

Great news! Looks like Blue Air has seen an opportunity while other airlines sit about moaning! Hopefully this is the just the first British base they announce this year!

Blue Air will drop LPL-HAM from June 7th.

There will likely be a new route to replace this given LPL is the base for his route and Blue Air unlikely to want the aircraft sat around for hours doing nothing, but no rumours as to a proposed route yet.

I've heard Blue Air are getting good loads on their new routes from Liverpool , I flew on them myself to Hamburg ( this destination was not successful, over capacity from Manchester maybe) but the service on board was very good had edge over easyjet and ryanair. I understand another destination will be selected to replace Hamburg. Blue Air have a massive advert opposition Lime Street Station, so they seem to be promoting themselves from Liverpool strongly and with good carryings on the routes, I'd expect expansion for 2018.

That is really good news. Hopefully a successful LPL base will not only encourage them to expand at LPL but also look at other regional airport's across the UK.

Blue Air have started to advertise their initials routes from Liverpool Airport for 2018, speculation is there could be more new routes to be added.I must say their 737-700 always looks very smart on the apron.

That'll be good for LPL to see them expand and maybe they'll look into basing another aircraft eventually as well.

Blue Air now have a big ad outside Warrington Central Station as well as Lime Street Station, both promoting their Liverpool services for next year, they have put their faith behind Liverpool Airport and that's great to see, I think new routes are likely for 2018. They are also getting good feed back on their in-flight service.

Blue Air now have a big ad outside Warrington Central Station as well as Lime Street Station, both promoting their Liverpool services for next year, they have put their faith behind Liverpool Airport and that's great to see, I think new routes are likely for 2018. They are also getting good feed back on their in-flight service.

It would be good to see some pics (y)

Blue Air's ' you decide where we fly' competition has been extended. Tell them where you would like them to fly from LPL and you can win two tickets.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock