ethanegcc

Jul 10, 2016
UK
The second lot of 'price battle' threads and this time I was going to focus on whether direct or indirect to Beijing or Hong Kong had the better price, so, ultimately, which one was more attractive to customers as for many the main objective is price.

Further down on this thread, I will also be finding the cheapest one-stop options from MAN-AU/NZ.

Battle 1: MAN-PEK: direct or indirect?

For random dates in April here is what I found:

Lufthansa/Austrian and Air France/KL/CZ are in there above Hainan but still at a very competitive price. Well done Hainan and I think I would definitely choose this non-stop option for the price it is at.

View attachment 4150
After a quick check, Hainan's prices are similar to this all summer.

Last edited:
Battle 2: MAN-HKG: direct or indirect?
PLEASE NOTE: The price battles have now been moved to the frequent flier part of the forum for discussion, although these are related to MAN. If anybody would like me to do the same, but for EDI/BHX/LBA etc. please do not hesitate to ask.

Again for random dates in April.
View attachment 4154
As you can see Cathay Pacific is significantly more expensive than Hainan in terms of gateways to China, however it is not unreasonable as fares to HKG tend to be more anyway.

Within the 'best flights' section - which balances price and time - it comes third at £767 return for one adult, lagging behind Swiss and fellow OW carrier Finnair.

For longer flight times, Austrian and Lufthansa also undercut CX for this flight.

What are your thoughts? If you were travelling from the regions to PEK/HKG at the above prices/dates, would you choose LH/AF/EK/AY over a direct CX or HU option?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock