evo1234

Aug 6, 2017
ireland
hi just a query i am travelling to usa tomorrow morning philly then onto mccoy orlando from shannon ireland on BA flight by American Airlines and trying to print boarding passes, i have mobile passes on phone but does shannon accept mobile passes? when i try to print them it says contact agent at airport. first transatlantic for me for a while never have a problem with ryanair printing or mobile passes from knock or dublin, any ideas

Any airport that accepts printed boarding cards should accept mobile boarding cards. Ensure you have sufficient battery charge for your journey. If in doubt you should contact the airport or check the airports FAQs on their website.

just heard shannon dont do mobile boarding passes so has to be printed i assume or do i just get one when i check the bags? just dont want extra fee ala ryanair!!

Yes, print at home if you check-in online. That way you'll avoid extra fees. Enjoy!

just heard shannon dont do mobile boarding passes so has to be printed i assume or do i just get one when i check the bags? just dont want extra fee ala ryanair!!
I've never travelled with BA/AA but with Skyteam they don't charge any extra for printing at the airport. Make sure you have a copy of your ESTA number and that you've given the airline or agent your Advanced Passenger Information (address where you are staying in the USA, if multiple places it's the first place you stay, passport number and name and address) and just check in at the American Airlines desk or self service kiosk. It might be a bit of both. With KLM at Cardiff Airport there's a self check in machine that you print your boarding pass then if you have any checked baggage you drop it off at the check in desk.
Hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

If you have the ability to print at home i would do that.

thanx all but aa website wont let me print at home as it says contact agent at airport despite me getting a mobile boarding pass and it says checked in, will assume jerry is right and will just get them at bag drop and assume aviador is right about no extra charges

me getting a mobile boarding pass and it says checked in,
If you have the mobile boarding pass then you won't need the paper one you've already checked in and have the boarding pass. That may explain why it won't let you print a paper one out. If there are any problems they can always print you out one at the airport. I've had to do that a few times especially when i've tried to board using an Alaska Airlines printed boarding pass onto a KLM/Delta flight. Have great flight!

Anyhow, I recently flew AA LHR-PHL and really enjoyed so hope you have a great experience!

Do these apps require the internet connection?

Hi Alice1

You will need internet connection initially before you make your journey to download the barcode image but once you've downloaded that you just need your mobile device to be charged so it's accessible when you need it. If you don't download the barcode image then you will need internet access to get it when your at the airport. In anycase, you don't need to worry as if you loose your phone you can still go to the airline ticket desk, or check-in desk to arrange an old-fashioned paper style boarding pass.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock