They probably will include a Scottish airport (GLA is their biggest presence there) but the fact that the Scottish school holidays are a month ahead of England and Wales might be a factor to be taken into account. If it is to be GLA and BRS that would leave a large area in Yorkshire and the North East not directly covered.
Think they would go for Edinburgh assume that the Scot's would kick up a fuss if one airport wasn't included Edinburgh would bring the North East a bit closer. Most of Yorkshire especially the larger places would be 2 hours from Manchester, Hull would be one that missed the boat but don't think they could do much better than the three they mentioned the obvious one's then Bristol and Edinburgh.

This press report suggests there will only be seven destinations from BRS when TUI resumes its operations in July/August. As it's the Bristol Post and as the article asserts that Bristol Airport will be the first in the UK from which TUI will restart flights I think we can put that into the dubious basket.

In fact, a check with the TUI timetable suggests that from the first week in August TUI will operate to 18 destinations from BRS:

Alicante x 1 weekly
Antalya x 2
Burgas x 1
Corfu x 2
Heraklion x 2
Dalaman x 3
Las Palmas x 2
Ibiza x 1
Kefalonia x 1
Kos x 2
Lanzarote x 2
Larnaca x 2
Malaga x 1
Palma x 3
Paphos x 2
Rhodes x 2
Tenerife South x 2
Zakynthos x 2

(TUI Holidays also showing Faro with easyJet)

Reus x 1 from 1 September

Fuerteventura and Menorca, two of the seven routes said by the Bristol Post to be operating from August, are not shown as operating in the TUI timetable.

Mahon and fueteventura were announced last Friday during the tui press release. Maybe they haven’t loaded them yet
They don't seem to be on the TUI summer 2020 web booking pages either. They still aren't in the flight timetable that shows FUE beginning in November and Menorca in May next year.

There is some cutbacks for summer 2021 appearing - bodrum and enfidna dropped , reductions in dalaman , Ibiza and Zante . Maybe one aircraft less ?

There is some cutbacks for summer 2021 appearing - bodrum and enfidna dropped , reductions in dalaman , Ibiza and Zante . Maybe one aircraft less ?
Given that the BRS management expects 2021 to be between two million and two and a half million passengers down on the near nine million of 2019 there are bound to be reductions across most airlines I would have thought, although TUI had put in a lot of Thomas Cook replacement for 2020.

BRS press release today.

Further cutbacks on the winter programme from Brs. Tfs , lpa reduced , Cape Verde starts mid dec and ssh is dropped and hurghada reduces to one per week. Possibly just 1 based aircraft on most days rather than the planned 3. Incidentally there have been recent increases in the programme from Bhx and man for summer 2021. Any idea if we might have something to cheer us up because it’s all one way at the moment.

as it currently stands there will be no flights to Tunisia next summer.

No idea if anything further is likely for next summer.

At least TUI is back with three departures tomorrow:

0925 Palma
1205 Kos
1655 Rhodes

Will they all be 737 800 aircraft or a dreamliner rotation as they use dreamliners on a fair few short haul routes this year from various UK airports.

Looks like a TUI B752 (G-OOBB) will position into BRS from LTN this afternoon. The BRS base will then be as follows:

B738 - (G-FDZT/TAWC/TAWD) - All aircraft have flown in the last week operating TUI flights to Europe
B752 - (G-OOBB) - Has been stored/in maintenance at LTN since 28th March 2020.
B788 - (GTUIE) - Has been stored at BRS since 28th March 2020

Looks like a TUI B752 (G-OOBB) will position into BRS from LTN this afternoon. The BRS base will then be as follows:

B738 - (G-FDZT/TAWC/TAWD) - All aircraft have flown in the last week operating TUI flights to Europe
B752 - (G-OOBB) - Has been stored/in maintenance at LTN since 28th March 2020.
B788 - (GTUIE) - Has been stored at BRS since 28th March 2020
I was in my garden just under an hour ago and saw a TUI B757 on approach to BRS 27. I live about a mile to the north of seven-mile finals for 27.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock