Advertisement

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
Now I know many of us are familiar with the odd duct-tape joke as engineers frequently carry it in their toolkit to be used for a number of eventualities.

The Sun newspaper is running a report today about an Easyjet flight where the pilot announced to passengers that one of the engines of the aircraft was receiving a "quick fix" before the flight.

I don't for a minute question the safety of the flight as I am sure the "quick fix" was perfectly legitimate and was probably suggested in the engineers manual. I do find it bizarre that crew allow this kind of thing to take place whilst passengers are on-board the aircraft where they are able to watch engineers rolling the tape onto the engine.

However safe this might be, to a dis-concerning passenger this kind of action is extremely unsettling.

Image: Newsflare via The Sun

More on this story can be found using the link bellow.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5030011/easyjet-plane-fixed-tape-engineer-video/

Advertisement

BSL-2km

Jan 28, 2014
Basel- Mulhouse - Suisse/ France
Truly shocking... very scary for passengers..
In the same vein,, back in the late 80's i used to make regular trips from Dublin to Tripoli (Libya) via Amsterdam,
EI608 and Ei609 stick in my mind as flight numbers. Anyway, always business class , so upfront. Pushing back from the gate in Dublin i was acutely aware of the fact that the front right door, food delivery etc, was not closed properly, i could feel the wind on my feet, sitting in row 1. Crew were doing the safety breifing , i interrupted and said to the woman, " you do of course realise the door is open ? right ?"... Plane stopped and door closed. A gentle round of applause rippled out,, as an early teen i was very proud. Aer Lingus BAC1-11

Advertisement

Top Bottom