Just to be different we're watching Cockermouth Amateur Dramatics production of Alan Ayckbourn's "Improbable Fiction". First time to the local theatre for a long time and enjoying the evening whilst having a couple of glasses of house Red.

Frank Sinatra - My Kind of Town

Thanks for the Sinatra track, Ray. Takes me back.

It's from a 1964 film Robin and the 7 Hoods, a musical comedy about rival gangs in Prohibition-era Chicago. Sounds an unlikely background for a musical comedy but with Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin and Peter Falk all in the cast how could it fail?

I remember watching it in a local cinema with my future wife a year before our marriage. It still seems like last year.

Rush - Red Sector A

As we mark Holocaust Day today, I'm reminded of the above song.
The Lyrics were written by the late Neil Peart (Drummer/Lyricist) in honour of Geddy Lee's (Bass player/Vocalist/Keyboard player) parents who survived the Holocaust in Auschwitz.

Red Sector A

All that we can do is just survive
All that we can do to help ourselves is stay alive

All that we can do is just survive
All that we can do to help ourselves is stay alive

Ragged lines of ragged grey
Skeletons, they shuffle away
Shouting guards and smoking guns
Will cut down the unlucky ones

I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel
Hoping that the horror will recede
Hoping that tomorrow, we'll all be freed

Sickness to insanity
Prayer to profanity
Days and weeks and months go by
Don't feel the hunger, too weak to cry

I hear the sound of gunfire at the prison gate
Are the liberators here, do I hope or do I fear?
For my father and my brother, it's too late
But I must help my mother stand up straight

Are we the last ones left alive?
Are we the only human beings to survive?

I hear the sound of gunfire at the prison gate
Are the liberators here, do I hope or do I fear?
For my father and my brother, it's too late
But I must help my mother stand up straight

Songwriters: Alex Lifeson / Geddy Lee Weinrib / Neil Peart

I believe it's important that we never forget the atrocities that occured, so that they may never happen again to any Race, Creed or Religion.

Kevin

Last edited:
I've been listening to Jessie Ware again recently in anticipation for her new album 'What's Your Pleasure?' which is released this month. She's got some really good tracks.

Congratulations Liverpool (y)
Yes, huge congratulations to Liverpool. I so wanted them to get this, this season (I had hoped they'd win it last season, but they missed out on the closest of margins). I'm not particularly a Liverpool fan, but have great respect for what they have achieved over the last couple of seasons and also in the past.
The only thing that could have made it better for them, would have been to have the title confirmed with a home win at Anfield in front of a sell out crowd.

Kevin

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock