Hard to believe that nothing has been posted here for nearly two months!
Something I've been listening to over and over is Led Zeppelin's live performance of Kashmir at the O2 arena in 2012.

I know we've had other versions of Kashmir posted, but to me this is the stand out performance. Probably my favourite Led Zep song (depending on my mood), I'm blown away by this version. The three original band members (Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones) are joined by Jason Bonham on the drums. Jason is the son of the late John Bonham who was Led Zeppelin's drummer. I have to say that Jason absolutely nails this performance. The drumming gets faster and more complex through the performance, but he just gets better and better.

Kevin

I am a keen listener of the classical tradition but I have just obtained a recording of a rare Baroque opera. For those not formally educated in music, Baroque was an early age, usually referring to pre classical and of a period before the French Revolution and of a harmonious simplicity and easy on the ears.
The opera? Julius Caesar by George Frederick Handel, of Messiah fame, not connected to the play by Will Shakespeare.

Hard to believe that nothing has been posted here for nearly two months!
Something I've been listening to over and over is Led Zeppelin's live performance of Kashmir at the O2 arena in 2012.

I know we've had other versions of Kashmir posted, but to me this is the stand out performance. Probably my favourite Led Zep song (depending on my mood), I'm blown away by this version. The three original band members (Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones) are joined by Jason Bonham on the drums. Jason is the son of the late John Bonham who was Led Zeppelin's drummer. I have to say that Jason absolutely nails this performance. The drumming gets faster and more complex through the performance, but he just gets better and better.

Kevin

Outstanding!

I am a keen listener of the classical tradition but I have just obtained a recording of a rare Baroque opera. For those not formally educated in music, Baroque was an early age, usually referring to pre classical and of a period before the French Revolution and of a harmonious simplicity and easy on the ears.
The opera? Julius Caesar by George Frederick Handel, of Messiah fame, not connected to the play by Will Shakespeare.

Mrs F did her degree in music with the Baroque era being quite a considerable part of it. I do quite like pieces here and there but don't even pretend to have anywhere near the knowledge of the subject that she has.

Jean Baptiste Lully is another of the Baroque era that I recently reacquainted myself with, pure magic is his music but a certain understanding of the form is required. Would Lady Finkle be aware?

Jean Baptiste Lully is another of the Baroque era that I recently reacquainted myself with, pure magic is his music but a certain understanding of the form is required. Would Lady Finkle be aware?

Mrs F is currently in Yorkshire but a quick message to her bought these to my attention.

I have just obtained a recording of a rare Baroque opera.
When I was doing my first degree, I had a six month placement at the Pharmacy Regional Quality Control Laboratory at Selly Oak Hospital. The Principal Pharmacist in charge of the laboratory was also a member of a Baroque choir. I got back to the lab early from lunch one day and he was in his office with the door open practising his singing. His voice was incredible! His name was Mitch Philips (may have had two 'L's). I have done a web search, but can't find any reference to his work.

Kevin

Ah! Smelly Oak hospital, gone now but it was functional in its day. I once worked around the back in Raddlebarn Road, interesting times. But back to Baroque music. It certainly have me a solid foundation to understand music at the basics and appreciate what is good and what is not. I can now go from Henry Purcell and JB Lully to Gustav Mahler and Richard Wagner and see the timeline in musical evolution.

Ah! Smelly Oak hospital, gone now but it was functional in its day. I once worked around the back in Raddlebarn Road, interesting times.
I was there for six months, and had a room in the nurses home (there was a men's section). As a 20 year old, it was quite a learning experience - let's just say that one of the student nurses took quite shine to me :) A group of us would regularly go the The Country Girl pub in the evening. While I was there (would have been about 1984), the pub was closed for a few weeks. It reopened having been re-fitted as more of a wine bar. All the character of the pub was gone. Working in the QC lab was great fun. There were only three staff members. The Principal Pharmacist, The QC Chemist and one Pharmacist (they would each do a one month stint). Each week, there would be a presentation to the Pharmacy Dept by one of the drug companies and to persuade us to attend, the reps would always bring plenty of cakes, doughnuts etc. So many great memories from that time.

Kevin

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock