Was there a little mist/fog at the airport this morning as the TUI from CUN was set for 09 landing and changed over to 27 and landed.
The only flight that had a problem was Stobart from Dublin as it held over head for about an hour then managed to get in,im not sure which runway stobarts finally landed on.

Was there a little mist/fog at the airport this morning as the TUI from CUN was set for 09 landing and changed over to 27 and landed.
The only flight that had a problem was Stobart from Dublin as it held over head for about an hour then managed to get in,im not sure which runway stobarts finally landed on.

With the TUI from Cancun perhaps if there was mist and it precluded landing on the non-Cat3b equipped 09, and a very light wind component might have made it possible to land down wind on 27. Stobart is not equipped for Cat3 of course. Only conjecture.

There was fog at BRS for a time this morning, down to 250m at one point

Sunday 10 June 2018

Following rotations were cancelled today.

bmi regional BM1827 to Frankfurt at 1630 returning as BM1828 at 2050
bmi regional BM1815 to Milan Malpensa at 1720 returning as BM 1816 at 2200
easyJet EZY6157 to Geneva at 1805 returning as EZY6158 at 2200
easyJet EZY6029 to Barcelona at 1825 returning as EZY6030 at 2330

Lots of very late easyJet flights today, doubtless due to the French industrial action which can be taken to be the reason for the cancelled flights. Several easyJet Gatwick rotations also cancelled this evening.

In the early hours today 10 June 2018 there were 14 flights between 2 am and 06:30 am

This must be some sort of record i reckon for the airport.

Monday 11 June 2018

Today's cancellations:

Ryanair FR8224 to Rzeszow at 0630 returning as FR8225 at 1230
bmi regional BM1821 to Frankfurt at 0635 returning as BM1822 at 1035*
bmi regional BM1867 to Dusseldorf at 1720 returning as BM1868 at 2100

* this rotation already cancelled for tomorrow as well, as is BM1841 to Munich at 0630. Rolling BRS web timetable not yet reached the scheduled return time of arrival to see if the inbound MUC is cancelled too

Tuesday 12 June 2018

Today's cancellations:

bmi regional BM1841 to Munich at 0630. The return BM1842 at 1140 is shown as operated, albeit nearly four hours late
bmi regional BM1821 to Frankfurt at 0635 returning as BM1822 at 1035*
bmi regional BM1867 to Dusseldorf at 1720 returning as BM1868 at 2100*

* both cancelled yesterday too

Looking at the departure boards for today,i see no flights cancelled. Is this correct or the boards not keeping up.?

Looking at the departure boards for today,i see no flights cancelled. Is this correct or the boards not keeping up.?
All departures operated today. Let's hope they all get back.

Any advance notice of any ATC strike action in France or Italy this weekend?

The airport is claiming that this is going to be one of their busiest weekends. Any special reason why?

Any advance notice of any ATC strike action in France or Italy this weekend?

The airport is claiming that this is going to be one of their busiest weekends. Any special reason why?
I've had a quick glance at the Internet and can't see anything about strikes this weekend.

The remark about one of the busiest weekends might refer to the additional based aircraft from easyJet, TUI and Thomas Cook although I think they were all operating last weekend.

BMIR have cancelled the 1st rotations of MUC and BRU today Thursday.
It looks as though those were the only flights cancelled at BRS today.

Friday 16 June 2018

According to the BRS website, easyJet has already cancelled four rotations tomorrow. I don't know why. I can't find any details of industrial action anywhere. These are the cancellations shown:

EZY6153 to Geneva at 0725 returning as EZY6154 at 1120. The later GVA rotation tomorrow is already sold out in both directions as are the Saturday sectors.

EZY425 to Edinburgh at 1200 returning as EZY426 at 1500. The other four easyJet EDI northbounds tomorrow are sold out with only one of the four southbounds (the last one due BRS 2210) still showing availability.

EZY623 to Paris CDG at 1610 returning as EZY624 at 1915. Saturday is sold out in both directions.

EZY570 to Newcastle at 1950 returning as EZY569 at 2225. One of the two other rotations is sold out in both directions.

It looks as though those were the only flights cancelled at BRS today.

Friday 16 June 2018

According to the BRS website, easyJet has already cancelled four rotations tomorrow. I don't know why. I can't find any details of industrial action anywhere. These are the cancellations shown:

EZY6153 to Geneva at 0725 returning as EZY6154 at 1120. The later GVA rotation tomorrow is already sold out in both directions as are the Saturday sectors.

EZY425 to Edinburgh at 1200 returning as EZY426 at 1500. The other four easyJet EDI northbounds tomorrow are sold out with only one of the four southbounds (the last one due BRS 2210) still showing availability.

EZY623 to Paris CDG at 1610 returning as EZY624 at 1915. Saturday is sold out in both directions.

EZY570 to Newcastle at 1950 returning as EZY569 at 2225. One of the two other rotations is sold out in both directions.
Further to the above the common link appears to be the aircraft. Timings on Mayfly show the same aircraft could work all four rotations and it's the only 319 with a flight pattern that enables it to do so. If they are an aircraft light that would likely be the reason for the cancellations

With all these flights cancelled for 1 reason or another,the pax figures will take a massive dive. It could show a drop in numbers and that will be the first drop in numbers for 9 years is it or very near to it. The extra aircrafts that the airlines have based this year could perhaps save the day for a drop in pax numbers.

Ezy cancellations are due to overbookings and to create some slack in the system.....whatever that means.

MRS may have a ATC strike in weekend.

In addition to the four easyJet cancellations mentioned above, bmi regional has cancelled the morning Frankfurt rotation again today. Furthermore, the lunctime Aer Lings Regional (Stobart) from/to Cork is also now showing a cancellation. Looking at the ORK airport website the earlier BHX rotation from there was cancelled. When I used the service a few years ago the same aicraft operated to BHX and back to ORK before operating the BRS service.

With all these flights cancelled for 1 reason or another,the pax figures will take a massive dive. It could show a drop in numbers and that will be the first drop in numbers for 9 years is it or very near to it. The extra aircrafts that the airlines have based this year could perhaps save the day for a drop in pax numbers.

The cancellations will make a small dent in annual passenger numbers but previous summers have seen cancellations too, mainly because of industrial action abroad. In March when over 400 flights were cancelled because of the snow passenger numbers were only down by 3% (the first monthly drop in numbers since March 2014 and that was a mere 0.2%).

April was up over 4% and the year as a whole till then was up around 2.5% (despite the March snow cancellations). Given the additional aircraft from TUI, TCX and easyJet (with the latter operating more 320s this year) as well as more flights in November and December with a number of airlines, short of something unforeseen and catastrophic occurring, BRS is probably on course for around 8.6 million at the end of the year, which would be an additional circa 400,000 passengers over 2017.

2015 saw an additional 448,000; 2016 an additional 823,000; 2017 an additional 630,000 (all from CAA stats), so a further rise of 400,000 would be a continuation of that trend, albeit at a reduced level compared with the last two years.

Ezy cancellations are due to overbookings and to create some slack in the system.....whatever that means.

Indeed.........whatever that means. It makes little sense to a passenger. If they needed slack in the system why did they not build it before publishing the timetable and selling seats?

With the bad weather earlier in the year and incessant industrial action around Europe it's easy for any airline to blame that for cancellations - and there is no doubt they are the main reasons - but at times there might be other factors much closer to the airline itself.

Today's cancellations:

easyJet EZY393 to Inverness at 0700 returning as EZY394 at 1020
easyJet EZY6107 to Marseille at 1345 returning as EZY6108 at 1810

I don't know why the INV was cancelled. Presumably the MRS was yet again affected by industrial action there.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024
UTFD Step 4 here Come First Away day and the best day of my life
Technically the 14th anniversary of me working at my present job. Tuesday after the May Day bank holiday is when I started .. last Saturday was the actual anniversary.
Whipee it's Friday!
Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock