Weather & Technical Diversions, Delays & Cancellations

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Looks like your prediction was right. 2 currently in the hold overhead... (2 x RYR)
Looks as though one of the Ryanairs (from Alicante) diverted to Stansted. Everything else now appears to have landed at BRS this morning.

Kingshat

Mar 26, 2016
Looking at FR24 and listening to the departing airport (sic) above my house it seems that the non-Cat3b runway 09 is in use today. The forecast was for mist this morning as it is for tomorrow early morning. If the wind dictates that it's 09 again tomorrow and the forecast turns out to be correct I suppose there might be a repeat of today.

As a matter of record easyJet flights from Belfast International and Glasgow were diverted to Cardiff Airport as was an Aer Lingus flight from Dublin.

easyJet diverted a flight from Edinburgh to Birmingham Airport, as did Ryanair with flights from Poznan, Malaga and Palma.

Aircraft began landing again from late morning and over the lunch period about 15 passenger aircraft arrived. The diverted easyJet aircraft that went to CWL also returned according to FR24. I presume the diverted easyJet aircraft to BHX also returned to BRS.

The BRS website is showing Ryanair's return sectors to Poznan, Malaga and Palma as cancelled, as was the return Aer Lingus flight to Dublin (nothing shown suggesting passengers might have been bussed to the diversion airports).

Incidentally, my wife heard something on the local lunchtime news about the airport working on equipment that caused the aircraft to divert. She's not interested in aviation and was only half listening but did mention it to me later.
The Runway 27 ILS has been unavailable for about a month whilst a new one has been installed. Commissioning flight checks have taken place yesterday and today which, if successful, will be followed by more ground testing. The ILS is then required to be soak tested for a short period before returning to Cat 1 operations, hopefully on Saturday evening. Cat 3b landings will recommence after a further 300 hours of fault free running - the ILS will generally not be available on Runway 09 during this period, unless the weather dictates that it is required for landing. All being well the airport should return to normal ILS operations by 1st October.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
There seemed to be a short period this morning when aircraft did not land. Immediately prior to that and afterwards arrivals appear to have been normal. From where I live I can see the top of Dundry and it was clear around 8 this morning but misted in for an hour or so after that. It's been clear in bright sunlight for the rest of the morning.

Two easyJets were diverted during that period: from Glasgow to Luton and from Belfast International to Liverpool. FR24 shows the aircraft concerned returning to BRS within an hour or so.

Kingshat has explained the work being carried out on the ILS - see #1,523 above.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.