Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
easyJet base 9th plane at Liverpool Airport

easyJet’s ninth plane has arrived at Liverpool Airport, to be used to serve three new routes to Naples, Dubrovnik and Bordeaux. The £20m Airbus 320 joins a fleet that flies 21 routes from the city, including Croatia for the first time.

Carly Brear, easyJet’s UK commercial manager, said: ‘Liverpool continues to be a very successful base for easyJet over 11 years after we first started flying here.’ Liverpool Airport deputy chief executive Neil Pakey said: ‘easyJet has been crucial to the success of the airport over the past 12 years and will continue to be so in the future. The addition of this aircraft to its Liverpool based fleet also highlights the continuing importance that easyJet places on its Liverpool operation and their confidence in us, especially during the current economic climate.’

Source

• Admin
[textarea]easyJet announce Liverpool – IOM flights

easyJet has announced it is to launch flights between Liverpool and the Isle of Man. The budget airline will start the six-times-a-week service on May 21, targeting business people and those visiting family on the island. The service will compete with rival budget airline Flybe.

easyJet said it expects up to 70,000 passengers to use the service in its first year of operation. It will use its new Airbus 319 aircraft, which seat 156 passengers. The new route means that easyJet now flies to 27 destinations from Liverpool.

Source[/textarea]

Which are to be based at LPL? My friend flies to TFS next tues and wondered if any of the newly (temporary) additions will take him down there?

[textarea]easyJet announce Liverpool – Grenoble flights

easyJet has announced another new winter route from Liverpool Airport, with twice-weekly flights to Grenoble taking off on Saturday 8th January 2011. Fares are from £24.99 one-way (including taxes). The budget airline has also confirmed that, due to growing passenger demand, it will provide an additional rotation each week day on its domestic route from Liverpool to Belfast, with fares starting from £23.99 one-way (including taxes).

Ali Gayward, easyJet’s UK Manager said: ‘Our new winter route from Liverpool offers access to popular ski destinations to provide passengers from the North West with even greater choice. easyJet now offers a total of 29 routes from Liverpool Airport. The secret to our success is offering the lowest fares at the right time to the most convenient airports.’

Source[/textarea]

[textarea]More routes from Liverpool Airport for easyJet

easyJet has announced that it is to operate a further three new routes from Liverpool Airport, bringing its total number of destinations from the hub to 32. The budget airline will launch flights to Salzburg in Austria, the Belgian capital Brussels and Tallinn, the capital of Estonia.

The new six-times-weekly service to Brussels is the airline’s first route to the Belgian capital from the UK and will take off on February 7 2011. The city is the administrative centre of the EU, earning it the title of ‘The Capital of Europe’ and a destination likely to prove popular with the region’s business community.

The region’s Winter sports enthusiasts are likely to welcome the addition of easyJet’s weekly flight to Salzburg, which follows hot on the heels of the airline’s previous announcements of flights to Grenoble and Lyon. The flights launch on December 17 and run through to April next year. With flights to Innsbruck operating once again, skiers now have a great choice of low cost destinations available from Liverpool with easyJet.

The new service to Tallinn brings yet another country and capital city. Tallinn is growing in popularity with tourists across Europe and is a very affordable short break destination, with the three-times-weekly flight to commence on 26 April 2011.

Flights for all three new routes are already on sale with fares starting from £23.99 for Brussels, £25.99 for Salzburg and £27.99 for Tallinn (all prices one-way, including taxes).

Sourse[/textarea]

flights from Liverpool to Corfu

Hi, I heard a rumour that flights from Liverpool to Corfu would be operating soon by Easyjet - Can anyone give me more information about this? thanks

Re: flights from Liverpool to Corfu

Hasn't Ryanair just announced new Greek flights from Liverpool if that helps at all?

[textarea]easyJet increase Liverpool – IOM flights

easyJet is increasing the number of flights between Liverpool and the Isle of Man from six to nine a week over the summer. From June 2 there will be two flights each Thursday, Friday and Sunday. The additional flights are now on sale and will operate until September 25.

Ali Gayward, easyJet’s UK commercial manager, said: ‘Since launching flights between Liverpool and the Isle of Man almost a year ago, the route has gone from strength to strength. We have upped the frequency of the service in response to this demand and to cater for the increased number of business and leisure passengers travelling into and out of the Isle of Man over the summer months.’

Source[/textarea]

I wouldn't have thought there would be a call for such a huge number of seats on the Isle of Man route but clearly there is. I wonder if Easyjet will look at introducing flights to the Isle of Man from any other UK airports.

I agree Aviador, you would've thought that such a small small route would not be viable due to the competition on the ferry, but clearly there is. EZY has a great presence at LPL. I has; a large support group with regular passenegrs and people who dont like FR tend generally to fly with EZY, but thats whats great about LPL, hardly any competiton, its just those two main airlines.
TOM and ZB have failed in attempts to gain control, so I think its fair to say that EZY and FR are generally liked throughout the Liverpool region.
Anyway, not going off topic, I have a sense that this is just a one hit wonder for EZY and its probably unlikely that they will introduce it to many, if any airports in the UK.

I think LPL-IOM started off as a small route filler for easyjet. They had an A319 sat at LPL for 2-3 hours, and rather it just sit there, they wanted to use it. BFS was a little too far for a route, as was LTN/GLA etc, so, IOM it was.
It then turned out, that it was actually being a well used little route for easyjet, hence the upgrades to frequency. The IOM-North west is a traditionally strong route, as its the main link back to the main land, and there are contracts with the IOM government too (Im sure MAN-IOM of Flybe carries NHS patients back to the UK for treatment?).

Like you say, I wouldnt expect many other routes to IOM, maybe a MAN or BFS, if the situation ever arose where MAN/BFS had spare aircraft, but, due to the long sectors, MAN is unlikely, and im not sure if BFS has that sort of demand for an A319 to IOM.

All very true WorldRep, do Manx2 not operate a route to LPL? They are doing well with their Blacpool and Leeds routes as well as other UK routes to the IOM. I'm also presemtly surprised that they can get great loads on an A319.

No, Manx2 dont serve Liverpool. If they did, Flybe/easyjet would anhialate them!

The north west-IOM looks like:

Manx2- Valley, Blackpool
Flybe- Manchester, Liverpool
Easyjet- Liverpool

So, quite a lot for a little island really!

Yes, a very surprising little island - did EZY start it after Flybe? Liverpool seems quite the place for the route as well as MAN.

Flybe were at LPL first.
Agreed that LPL does very well for IOM (probably due to it being the closest airport to IOM for shorter flights, and the competition with the ferry). LPL also does brilliantly at Belfast too (I think its easyjets highest frequency route in the network)

We will see what happens to LPL-BFS numbers when Easyjet operates its 2 daily MAN-BFS in October.
Overall, Im going to be very intregued to see the impact of the new routes easyjet is opening up the M56 soon.

MAN-MAD, MAN-SXF and MAN-BFS. All 3 of these routes are at LPL, and its reported they have a high number of Mancunians on the LPL flights as MAN didnt have the options for locals, so, will the fact they are now at MAN take away from LPL, or, overall, will the market just grow? Time will tell?

Interesting times lay ahead, as Carolyn McCall has said easyjet at MAN wont have an impact at LPL, yet they have now got several routes at MAN that are also at LPL. Also, MAN will eventually be a bigger easy base than LPL, as 10 aircraft will be based next year, and with only 1 A320 at LPL, but 4 at MAN, with 2 more due, it seems MAN will have the higher capacity.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock