Hi all.

I just wondered seen as I've just formally submitted an application if anyone else on here had any experience of being a current serving or has been ex member of the Royal Air Force Reserves?

Not done it myself, but do have a son who is an NCO ground engineer on the fast jet fleet, if that's any use

Likewise @paully @lbaspotter , not myself but I used to work with someone who joined the RAF also working as a ground engineer. I've not spoken to him for a long time but the last time I did he said he was really enjoying it. He'd been stationed out in Cyprus for sometime but he'd travelled to many places with the RAF.

Well me application to join the RAF Reserves have moved a step closer during the past week.

I've now formally been invited by the Sergeant, for officer in Commanding to attend an open day being held by the RAF 4624 Squadron whom are based at RAF Brize Norton on Saturday, January 26th 2019.

Last edited:
Forgot to update. I attended the open day at RAF Brize Norton in March and have a very informative day with 4624 Squadron. I was shown around the base and told everything i will need to know regards joining the RAF Reserves also had the chance to have a look around the 99 Squadron Boeing C17, . For security reasons i wasn't allowed to take any pics bu can confirm that is one big aeroplane.

Tomorrow i will be sitting the AST (Airmen Selection Test) here at the AFCO in Leeds

Bad news is that I failed the AST (Airmen Selection Test) on the first attempt.

Good news is that i can have a 2nd attempt in 4 weeks. So I'm resitting the AST on Tuesday, May 7th. Gone and bought a book so to better revise some of the questions and will allow me to put more effort into it this time around. I just bloody hate working out Fraction's.

Bad news is that I failed the AST (Airmen Selection Test) on the first attempt.

Good news is that i can have a 2nd attempt in 4 weeks. So I'm resitting the AST on Tuesday, May 7th. Gone and bought a book so to better revise some of the questions and will allow me to put more effort into it this time around. I just bloody hate working out Fraction's.
Good luck for your retest!

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure that you have learned a lot from the interview and will be better prepared for the next one.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock