Advertisement

Loganair

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
  • Admin
With the news that Loganair will take over the BRS-ABZ route from the 4 March this year following the collapse of flybmi on Saturday, a Loganair thread will now be appropriate.

The timings of BRS-ABZ suggest an ABZ-based aircraft but Loganiar seem to be recruiting for a number of bases including Bristol.

https://www.loganair.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Pilot_bm_lm_info-pack1.pdf

Whether the BRS base would be solely for the Airbus corporate shuttle to Toulouse and Hawarden isn't clear. I believe that Loganair has taken over this shuttle but whether it will be a permanent contract I don't know.

Incidentally, I see that in their notice inviting former flybmi pilots to apply for jobs with them, Loganair refers to the defunct airline as bmi Regional.

Advertisement

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
  • Admin
Wasn't Loganair supposed to be starting the Aberdeen route today? Nothing on the BRS website departures and arrivals pages that I can see. I've tried two browsers.

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Wasn't Loganair supposed to be starting the Aberdeen route today? Nothing on the BRS website departures and arrivals pages that I can see. I've tried two browsers.
Looks like it starts tomorrow. Flights onsale and on FR24 for tomorrow evening.

alphagolf

Premium Member Plus
Jun 8, 2010
Bowerhill, Melksham. Wiltshire
I must have missed that!
As for Bristol Airport online flight info, nothing surprises me anymore with regards to accuracy, up until the weekend it was still showing flybmi/BMI Regional- flights and today not showing one Loganair flight. Someone has seriously dropped the ball since the cyber attack almost 6 months ago. It’s about time someone realised the absolute shambles that it is and took ownership of the issues and worked to resolve them. Rant over.......

Last edited:

superking

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2013
I wonder if the cyber problem still runs through the whole system at the airport'.Is the CAA following the airport with computer glitches or the airport following the CAA with computer glitches.

Foxlimayankee

Jan 21, 2017
South
Most Airport systems are slot driven. If the slots haven't been cancelled they could be auto creating every day and the Airport aren't keeping up with the housekeeping and manually deleting them when they reappear.
You'd think that even if there was some strange request to keep them showing that they would at least show them as cancelled.
Very bizarre

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Most Airport systems are slot driven. If the slots haven't been cancelled they could be auto creating every day and the Airport aren't keeping up with the housekeeping and manually deleting them when they reappear.
You'd think that even if there was some strange request to keep them showing that they would at least show them as cancelled.
Very bizarre
They did initially show the flybmi flights bus as cancelled, but then after a day or they merely showed them as being in place with the former departure and arrrival times shown but with the actual departure and arrival spaces left blank. Then they removed them all ........at last. Today though they are back, at least some of them are: six departures and 14 arrivals (as superking pointed out in the BRS flybmi thread).

Furthermore, the Loganair Aberdeen flights are still not shown.

Doesn't anyone actually monitor these things? They might be auto created but is it beyond the capability of the BRS IT people to delete them permanently?

The airport administration is all over the place. For example, their passenger numbers for December showed 572,509 yet the CAA only showed 570,790. The CAA stats are always higher than BRS's own monthly and annual stats (typically around 100,000 more each year) because the airport, as it notes on its stats page, doesn't include some types of passenger that the CAA does count (under 2 s for example), yet the CAA gets its BRS figures from the airport in the first place. So how can the CAA figures be lower than the airport's in December when the airport doesn't include all passengers?

For the past few months some of the CAA BRS stats have been questionable. I put it down to the reported IT attack but that was six months ago. As alphagolf says, has there not been enough time to put systems right by now? BRS is still one of the few airports that is always last with its CAA monthly stats.

In the grand scheme of things, publishing late and questionable passenger stats is not the end of the world, but putting out blatantly incorrect information about flights on the airport's website is unprofessional and unhelpful to potential passengers in the extreme. I was fobbed off recently with an enquiry which I reported elsewhere on F4A.

It's a great shame because it was not that long ago that BRS could be held up as an example of a well-run regional airport that interacted well with its passenger customers and local people in general. Something has slipped along the line somewhere.

Last edited:

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Olbia (Sardinia)

When checking the BRS website pages today I noted LM791 to Olbia at 0930 returning as LM792 at 1515. I haven't been aware of this service before although I might not have noticed it of course.

I checked the BRS web timetable and Olbia is shown on Saturdays for Thomas Cook and Nielson Beachclub. I don't know whether it's a peak season-only service.

It's in addition to easyJet's 3 x weekly service to Olbia (Tues, Thurs, Sat) that operates throughout the summer until the end of October, albeit October drops to 2 x weekly.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Didn’t bmi do this route last summer ?
Looking at the CAA stats table for last summer it seems there was a charter service to Olbia as well as the easyJet route, so you are bang on the nail with your bmi suggestion. In summer 2017 Cagliari was also tried, again I think by bmi for a tour operator or operators, but it didn't come back the following year. Ryanair tried Cagliari in the ill-fated summer of 2009 when there were several one-season not-such-wonders from Ryanair.

Neighbouring Corsica seems to be absent at the moment. Bastia was a regular summer charter route for a number of years and easyJet tried it in the summers of 2009 and 2010. In summer 2017 there was also a short-lived attempt to connect Figari using bmi for a tour operator or operators.

Advertisement

Top Bottom