TheLocalYokel

Honorary Member Of Forums4airports
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
With the news that Loganair will take over the BRS-ABZ route from the 4 March this year following the collapse of flybmi on Saturday, a Loganair thread will now be appropriate.

The timings of BRS-ABZ suggest an ABZ-based aircraft but Loganiar seem to be recruiting for a number of bases including Bristol.

https://www.loganair.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Pilot_bm_lm_info-pack1.pdf

Whether the BRS base would be solely for the Airbus corporate shuttle to Toulouse and Hawarden isn't clear. I believe that Loganair has taken over this shuttle but whether it will be a permanent contract I don't know.

Incidentally, I see that in their notice inviting former flybmi pilots to apply for jobs with them, Loganair refers to the defunct airline as bmi Regional.

• Admin
Wasn't Loganair supposed to be starting the Aberdeen route today? Nothing on the BRS website departures and arrivals pages that I can see. I've tried two browsers.

Wasn't Loganair supposed to be starting the Aberdeen route today? Nothing on the BRS website departures and arrivals pages that I can see. I've tried two browsers.
Looks like it starts tomorrow. Flights onsale and on FR24 for tomorrow evening.

I must have missed that!

As for Bristol Airport online flight info, nothing surprises me anymore with regards to accuracy, up until the weekend it was still showing flybmi/BMI Regional- flights and today not showing one Loganair flight. Someone has seriously dropped the ball since the cyber attack almost 6 months ago. It’s about time someone realised the absolute shambles that it is and took ownership of the issues and worked to resolve them. Rant over.......

Last edited:
I wonder if the cyber problem still runs through the whole system at the airport'.Is the CAA following the airport with computer glitches or the airport following the CAA with computer glitches.

Most Airport systems are slot driven. If the slots haven't been cancelled they could be auto creating every day and the Airport aren't keeping up with the housekeeping and manually deleting them when they reappear.
You'd think that even if there was some strange request to keep them showing that they would at least show them as cancelled.
Very bizarre

Most Airport systems are slot driven. If the slots haven't been cancelled they could be auto creating every day and the Airport aren't keeping up with the housekeeping and manually deleting them when they reappear.
You'd think that even if there was some strange request to keep them showing that they would at least show them as cancelled.
Very bizarre

They did initially show the flybmi flights bus as cancelled, but then after a day or they merely showed them as being in place with the former departure and arrrival times shown but with the actual departure and arrival spaces left blank. Then they removed them all ........at last. Today though they are back, at least some of them are: six departures and 14 arrivals (as superking pointed out in the BRS flybmi thread).

Furthermore, the Loganair Aberdeen flights are still not shown.

Doesn't anyone actually monitor these things? They might be auto created but is it beyond the capability of the BRS IT people to delete them permanently?

The airport administration is all over the place. For example, their passenger numbers for December showed 572,509 yet the CAA only showed 570,790. The CAA stats are always higher than BRS's own monthly and annual stats (typically around 100,000 more each year) because the airport, as it notes on its stats page, doesn't include some types of passenger that the CAA does count (under 2 s for example), yet the CAA gets its BRS figures from the airport in the first place. So how can the CAA figures be lower than the airport's in December when the airport doesn't include all passengers?

For the past few months some of the CAA BRS stats have been questionable. I put it down to the reported IT attack but that was six months ago. As alphagolf says, has there not been enough time to put systems right by now? BRS is still one of the few airports that is always last with its CAA monthly stats.

In the grand scheme of things, publishing late and questionable passenger stats is not the end of the world, but putting out blatantly incorrect information about flights on the airport's website is unprofessional and unhelpful to potential passengers in the extreme. I was fobbed off recently with an enquiry which I reported elsewhere on F4A.

It's a great shame because it was not that long ago that BRS could be held up as an example of a well-run regional airport that interacted well with its passenger customers and local people in general. Something has slipped along the line somewhere.

Last edited:
Olbia (Sardinia)

When checking the BRS website pages today I noted LM791 to Olbia at 0930 returning as LM792 at 1515. I haven't been aware of this service before although I might not have noticed it of course.

I checked the BRS web timetable and Olbia is shown on Saturdays for Thomas Cook and Nielson Beachclub. I don't know whether it's a peak season-only service.

It's in addition to easyJet's 3 x weekly service to Olbia (Tues, Thurs, Sat) that operates throughout the summer until the end of October, albeit October drops to 2 x weekly.

Didn’t bmi do this route last summer ?
Looking at the CAA stats table for last summer it seems there was a charter service to Olbia as well as the easyJet route, so you are bang on the nail with your bmi suggestion. In summer 2017 Cagliari was also tried, again I think by bmi for a tour operator or operators, but it didn't come back the following year. Ryanair tried Cagliari in the ill-fated summer of 2009 when there were several one-season not-such-wonders from Ryanair.

Neighbouring Corsica seems to be absent at the moment. Bastia was a regular summer charter route for a number of years and easyJet tried it in the summers of 2009 and 2010. In summer 2017 there was also a short-lived attempt to connect Figari using bmi for a tour operator or operators.

My email circulation from BRS received today states that Loganair will resume the BRS-ABZ route from 8 June 2020. The only other restart shown was easyJet to BFS later next month which has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum.

I wasn't sure whether the Loganair restart had been previously mentioned. There is nothing in this Loganiar thread.

My email circulation from BRS received today states that Loganair will resume the BRS-ABZ route from 8 June 2020. The only other restart shown was easyJet to BFS later next month which has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum.

I wasn't sure whether the Loganair restart had been previously mentioned. There is nothing in this Loganiar thread.
I searched as well and could not find any thing about ABZ restarting.

Loganair Aberdeen - teeside - Bristol. Starts may
BRS press release re Marko's post.

Loganair boosts UK regional connectivity with new North East to South West air link

Created: 8th Mar 2021

Loganair, the UK’s largest regional airline, today announced a major step in connecting the North-East with the South-West of England through the launch of a new air route between Teesside International and Bristol. It will become the airline’s seventh route at Teesside.

The service, which starts on 24 May, will operate a service in each direction Monday to Friday and on Sundays. The 70-minute flight will leave Teesside on weekdays at 14.25, with the return flight departing from Bristol 16.05.

Fares start from £49.99 one-way including all taxes and charges. All Loganair fares include a free checked baggage allowance, and tickets will go on sale from tomorrow 9 March.

Loganair returned to Teesside – under its new ownership – on 1 February after an absence of over two years. In a short time, the airline is already well established on the key route to Aberdeen; has added London Heathrow flights and is introducing flights from Teesside to Belfast City, Dublin, Jersey and Cornwall Airport Newquay over the coming weeks.

As part of the renewed partnership with Teesside International, Loganair has named one of its Embraer 145 jets Spirit of Teesside.

Loganair Chief Executive Jonathan Hinkles said: “We are very pleased to expand our commitment to Teesside International with this direct service to Bristol, connecting two important UK business locations. We’re sure that the new connection will be warmly welcomed by customers travelling for work reasons and by those - just as soon as they can – travelling to visit friends and family.”

“Chancellor Rishi Sunak’s Budget speech was effusive in his praise of what is being achieved on Teesside, and the awarding of one of the eight English free ports to Teesside and the Treasury’s new economic campus to Darlington emphasises this is one of the UK’s areas of growing importance.

“Our Teesside to Heathrow service starts today, and these announcements mean we are already looking at increasing flights to London.”

Tees Valley Mayor Ben Houchen said: “This connection is great news for businesses across Teesside, Darlington and Hartlepool, as well as local people who are looking for a UK-based city break to a brilliant destination. I’m also looking forward to welcoming visitors from Bristol here and show them all we have to offer.

“Our partnership with Loganair is going from strength to strength despite the challenges posed by the coronavirus pandemic. This announcement is just the latest in a long line of good news as we increase routes and make the airport one that the people of Teesside can be proud of once again.”

Bristol Airport CEO Dave Lees said: “Frequent flights between Bristol and the North of England help foster strong links for business and tourism, which is why Loganair’s new Teesside service is such great news. Teesside is a convenient gateway from which to explore the North England, just as Bristol Airport is the ideal starting point for visitors to South West England and South Wales.”

Tim Bowles, West of England Mayor, said: “Creating better links with other parts of the UK will help strengthen our economy as we emerge from the pandemic and create more decent jobs for people here in the West of England. I’m pleased to see Bristol Airport continuing to expand its offer so that even more people see the opportunities for investment in our region

Teeside route commences tomorrow (24 May). It's shown on the BRS website departures page.

Currently there is no booking availability for Loganair's Bristol-Teesside-Aberdeen service next summer, although there is for the coming winter. Other Loganair summer 2022 routes appear to be bookable.

It might be that Loganair is waiting to see if easyJet resurrects its BRS-ABZ route next summer. It commenced part way through this summer to run until the end of October, possibly as a means of utilising aircraft with many overseas countries on the red or amber lists. If easyJet does resume BRS-ABZ next summer it might be a late decision, depending on the pandemic situation, as it was this year.

Looking further ahead, if easyJet does make BRS-ABZ a permanent summer route there might be no route in winter unless Loganair or someone else decides to operate it as a winter-only service, which might not be likely. easyJet's BRS-INV (daily in summer 4 x weekly in winter) always seems to have done well year-round so perhaps ABZ might as well for them. easyjet will no doubt now have an idea of the demand and viability even in this pandemic-affected summer.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock