Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
New routes for Doncaster airport

AIRPORT bosses at Robin Hood have unveiled a £70,000 revamp to their check-in desks along with new routes for 2010.

Thomson and First Choice have unveiled a spruced-up check-in facility within the terminal building at Robin Hood Airport, along with a new dedicated Customer Service Desk, four branded check-in desks, a First Choice children's play area, and a themed boarding gate.

More than £70,000 has been invested in the improvements.

The unveiling of the new look areas has coincided with news that the firms' owner, travel company TUI, will be adding three more destinations to be served from the airport next summer.

Lanzarote in the Canary Islands, Antalya in Turkey, and Monastir in Tunisia will all be available direct from the airport for the first time next year, with summer 2010 holidays now on sale.

Neil Pakey, deputy chief executive for airport owners Peel Airports, said: "We've been working closely with the tour operator on this initiative for some time, wanting to create the Thomson/First Choice experience from the moment passengers arrive to the time they board their aircraft.

"The news they will be operating additional routes next summer further demonstrates their commitment to the airport and to the region, giving passengers even more opportunities to fly from their local airport."

Neil Morris, planning director for TUI, added: "It's been great to work side by side with the airport to create the best experience for our customers.

"We have seen a high demand from customers wishing to fly out of Doncaster Sheffield Airport so we are delighted to be able to increase our destination offering and give these customers a greater choice."

Source

Re: Thomson Summer 2010

omehow I doubt this will translate into 3 additional flights though. The odds are that they will have the same number of aircraft based there, so this may be just new routes at the expense of one or two dropped or reduced flights on some routes. Since TCX already operate to Monastir this year (for the first time), It wouldn't be a surprise to find TOM are just taking an allocation on that, or TCX pull off and take an allocation on TOM. We all know by now how the Peel Spin works, although to be fair, most airports make a fuss about anything positive and say nothing about the negatives.

Thanks Humberside - so if the demand for those Monastir flights doesn't materialise, I can see them consolidating onto one aircraft - we will have to wait and see if so many punters really want to go to Tunisia

• Admin

[textarea]Robin Hood Airport gets new holiday flights

Thomson and First Choice are to increase the number of holiday destinations available from Robin Hood Airport next summer. From May they will add weekly flights to Antalya, Turkey and Lanzarote in the Canary Islands.

The decision follows the success of a new flight to Monastir, Tunisia, which began two months ago.

Source[/textarea]

Well White Heather, if this report is anything to go by the Monastir flight has been a success. So, Thomson Holidays are adding Antalya and Lanzarote for summer 2010.

I believe the TCX monastir flight has been dropped, with TCX taking seats on the TOM flight.

With very little movement from any airline at DSA throughout the winter season, do TOM use the airport as a place of temporary storage for some of their aircraft or relocate them to other, busier bases?

They relocate them. As to where I'm not sure, but MAN would be a good guess. There are certainly no "spare" B737-800s sitting around at DSA this winter.

How many 737's are based there then this winter? Looking at the arrivals board, on quite a few nights there is only one coming in to DSA late on, which would suggest just one during the week and maybe one or two more at weekends. They used to have 4 when they first moved there, if I remember correctly, although they were all 737-300's initially I think?

There is just one 737-800 based there all week, with a couple of others W 'ing in on Tue & Thur afternoon I think. So a pretty bleak outlook.
I think they go back to 3 for the summer.

3 x B737-800 during summer. Do they not base any of their B767-300's or have they been moved to MAN?

767s have long gone from DSA. They were just there for the opening hype and year after. When they started selling seat onlys from DSA to Orlando for just £29 each way, they realised, NO. It's not working from here.

I see, i really need to keep up-to-date with this. Forgive me, as my DSA knowledge is somewhat limited. All in all DSA is not really a major base for TOM then by no means, with only three aircraft its a relatively small operation.

[textarea]Robin Hood Airport gets summer 2011 capacity boost

Over 15,000 extra passengers will take off from Robin Hood Airport next summer thanks to a boost in capacity following strong sales. Thomson Airways, the charter airline for Thomson and First Choice holidays, has announced that it will put extra seats on sale, with the main growth on routes to Dalaman, Bodrum, Tunisia, Lanzarote, Malaga and Mahon.

A spokesman for the airport, said: ‘We are delighted with the news that Thomson Airways are to grow capacity by 9% year on year. The growth is a result of strong summer 2010 forward sales and will see Thomson Airways operating two 737-800’s and one 737-300 from Robin Hood for summer 2011.'

Source[/textarea]

Isn't that the same as this year, 1 x 737-300 and 1 x 737-800?

This year they are using 2 B737-300 (149 seats) and 1 B737-800 (189 seats). So if you multiply the extra seats on an extra 737-800, ie 40. This equates to 80 extra on one round trip per day., which in turn equates to 560 per week, then mutliply that by the 6 months (26 weeks of summer) from May to October equates to 14,560. Add to that on some days the aircraft will do 2 rotations, means you are near to their statement of "over 15,000 extra passengers". Good bit of spin on a not so dramatic bit of news.

A Thomson representative was interviewed on BBC News 24 this morning at Farnborough, where a 787 is visiting, and said the company would use the aircraft in the UK from Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, East Midlands and Bristol.

So Doncaster doesn't get a mention then yet East Midlands Airport down the road looks set to see the new Dreamliner. I wonder if Thomson Airways have re-evaluated the Doncaster base given there are no plans at present to bring the new aircraft to DSA?

I think the quote in the previous post may have been mine.

The Thomson representative was Chris Browne, Thomson Airways managing director.

I inadvertently omitted one airport from her list - Edinburgh.

Lanzerote was in the Winter 10/11 brochure, Sunday flight.It has not been added.just a bit of DSA 'Spin'

Below is the Summer 2012 timetable for Doncaster Sheffield Airport with Thomson Airways!...

Monday:

Ibiza - 06:00 - 12:25 - 7th May to 22nd October
Dalaman - 10:25 - 20:10 - 7th May to 22nd October
Sharm El Sheikh - 13:55 - 02:10 (Tuesday) - 8th October to 22nd October
Corfu - 14:40 - 22:25 - 7th May to 24th September
Bodrum - 21:30 - 06:40 (Tuesday) - 7th May to 22nd October

W-Pattern:
Mahon - Arr 12:15 Dep 13:30 - 7th May to 24th September

Tuesday:

Palma - 08:00 - 14:25 - 1st May to 23rd October
Reus - 09:50 - 15:05 - 1st May - 23rd October
Malaga - 15:05 - 22:00 - 1st May - 23rd October
Antalya - 15:50 - 01:35 (Wednesday) - 1st May to 23rd October
Tenerife - 16:10 - 02:10 (Wednesday) - 1st May to 30th October

W-Pattern:
Alicante - Arr 13:25 Dep 14:55 - 1st May - 23rd October

Wednesday:

Rhodes - 07:00 - 16:20 - 2nd May to 24th October
Paphos - 07:10 - 17:50 - 2nd May to 24th October
Kos - 17:50 - 03:00 (Thursday) - 2nd May to 24th October
Palma - 19:20 - 01:45 (Thursday) - 2nd May to 24th October

Thursday:

Palma - 05:30 - 11:55 - 3rd May to 25th October
Faro - 08:55 - 15:55 - 3rd May to 25th October
Sharm El Sheikh - 13:10 - 01:25 (Friday) - 3rd May to 25th October
Dalaman - 17:25 - 03:10 (Friday) - 3rd May to 25th October

Friday:

Corfu: 06:00 - 13:45 - 4th May to 26th October
Malaga - 07:45 - 14:40 - 4th May to 26th October
Mahon - 08:50 - 14:55 - 4th May to 26th October
Tenerife - 16:25 - 02:25 (Saturday) - 4th May to 26th October
Ibiza - 23:30 - 05:55 (Saturday) - 4th May to 26th October

Saturday:

Palma - 07:15 - 13:55 - 5th May to 27th October
Alicante - 06:45 - 13:20 - 5th May to 27th October
Paphos - 14:50 - 01:30 (Sunday) - 5th May to 27th October
Las Palmas - 15:25 - 01:25 - 5th May to 27th October

Sunday:

Enfidha - 06:00 - 13:30 - 6th May to 26th September
Faro - 07:35 - 14:35 - 6th May to 28th October
Palma - 14:55 - 21:20 - 6th May to 28th October
Lanzarote - 16:55 - 02:20 (Monday) - 6th May to 28th October

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock