The Russian AN12 cargo planes have been around a bit recently, three are on the apron right now.

Jota Aviation G JOTF BAe 146-330 QT, doing a series of freight flights...arrived at 16, 00 is leaving 18.00, due back around 23.00

Are we turning the clock back to "Car Via Air" days?
A resent unusual visitor of an AN-26 is set to become a regular sight through Liverpool. Edwin Air Cargo which is based in the Isle of Man will begin cargo flights from their IOM base to Liverpool, followed by car services from IOM to DUB and BFS

Nwan
I'm a regular observer at Girona Airport (GRO) in Catalunya, Spain. Edwin Air Cargo's AN-26 LZ-FLL - wonderful photo, thanks, far better than mine - has been parked there for several months now, apparently inactive. Can anyone tell me why it hasn't been flying? I gather it's on hire to Edwin's from Bright Flight (ex Rose Air) of Bulgaria, whose own aircraft are occasional visitors to Girona. Have all Edwin Air Cargo flights been suspended, perhaps? Happy to hear comment on this, my introductory post.

Hi Crazycat and welcome to F4A, where I hope you will feel welcome and enjoy the posts and debates.

I'm afraid I can't give an answer to your question however it has been posted in the past that Edwin have gone extremely quiet. If anyone can possibly give you an answer it may be Carl0927.

Scottie Dog

I'm a regular observer at Girona Airport (GRO) in Catalunya, Spain. Edwin Air Cargo's AN-26 LZ-FLL - wonderful photo, thanks, far better than mine - has been parked there for several months now, apparently inactive. Can anyone tell me why it hasn't been flying? I gather it's on hire to Edwin's from Bright Flight (ex Rose Air) of Bulgaria, whose own aircraft are occasional visitors to Girona. Have all Edwin Air Cargo flights been suspended, perhaps? Happy to hear comment on this, my introductory post.
Hello and welcome. As far as I know the AN26s are still very much operating cargo flights into Liverpool, in fact I saw one on the apron as I was taxing out on an Easyjet service to Jersey on Friday morning. They seem to appear quite often.

I think I posted some pics of the aircraft on the Liverpool photo section here.
I have seen and heard them over my house and you certainly look up !

Im not an expert on Russian aircraft and im not sure if these cargo flights are AN12 or AN26 ....maybe they are both. What I can say is they have operated to many different destinations for example Tangier Leige Leipzig Gothenburg amongst other places.

Thank you all for your replies and your welcome. I'll keep you informed how much longer LZ-FLL hangs around at GRO. Is there a way I could set up a thread for Girona Airport? I'm still finding my way around the site.

Thank you all for your replies and your welcome. I'll keep you informed how much longer LZ-FLL hangs around at GRO. Is there a way I could set up a thread for Girona Airport? I'm still finding my way around the site.
Hi

Im sure there will be away...'aviador' is the guy to ask how to go about it.

All the best
Carl

I've just opened a Girona thread in the European airports forum so feel free to post away!

Does Liverpool still have any Royal Mail flights?

I think that all went to EMA...or by road. Long time ago now. I think the post office building has gone too. Used to be lots of Shorts 330s and 360s late at night / early morning . Various operators.
TNT also operated a B727 and BAe 146 to Cologne and Luton.

Still cargo seems to be returning again the AN 42 are still in and out.

I think that all went to EMA...or by road. Long time ago now. I think the post office building has gone too. Used to be lots of Shorts 330s and 360s late at night / early morning . Various operators.
TNT also operated a B727 and BAe 146 to Cologne and Luton.

Still cargo seems to be returning again the AN 42 are still in and out.

Across in Yorkshire we had a program called "Close Up North" which featured Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Humberside and Newcastle airports and the future prospects for each of the airports. For Liverpool I seem to recall it featuring the "hub & Spoke" mail operation. The airport looked so vibrant back then. I'm guessing it still is even without the Royal Mail operation. Still it's sad it came to an end.

Across in Yorkshire we had a program called "Close Up North" which featured Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Humberside and Newcastle airports and the future prospects for each of the airports. For Liverpool I seem to recall it featuring the "hub & Spoke" mail operation. The airport looked so vibrant back then. I'm guessing it still is even without the Royal Mail operation. Still it's sad it came to an end.

It was ...but it was all at night mainly in the early hours to be honest I never saw the postal ops...too late at night. But you are talking also of the days pre Easyjet when you can only fly across the Irish Sea to IOM BFS and DUB plus LHR on a regular basis. The terminal building was much smaller then and we weren't processing 5M passengers in those days.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock