London Stansted boosts global network with new service to India
View attachment 15036
  • Air India to fly three times a week to Amritsar, Stansted’s first ever direct flight to India
  • Only direct service from London operated by state-of-the-art Boeing 787 Dreamliners with business and economy classes
The first ever scheduled flights to India from London Stansted will take off later this month with the launch of Air India’s three-times a week service to Amritsar in the north west of the country.
Flights start on October 31 and will be the only direct service between London and Amritsar, operated by state-of-the-art Boeing 787 Dreamliners offering business and economy classes.

It is fantastic news that there will be a direct non-stop connection to Amritsar, Punjab from London Stansted Airport with Air India. Stansted is ideally situated to serve the Asian community in North and East London and across the East of England so we are delighted that Air India has recognised the customer demand for Amritsar.

Just last week, we published our Gateway to Growth report that highlighted the strong and growing demand for long-haul services across the region. Our ambition is to use our spare runway capacity to build our long-haul route network and improve the UK’s connectivity with the rest of the world at a time when availability is in short supply across south-east airports. The welcome arrival of Air India is another positive step towards that goal.

India is an important and popular destination for UK residents, both for tourism and business interests. We look forward to working with Air India to make this route a great success and further improving the connectivity between London and India in the coming years.

Ken O’ Toole, CEO of London Stansted
The introduction of this new direct route from London Stansted Airport to Amritsar by Air India is what I am sure will be the start of a number of new direct connections.

London Stansted is positioned at the heart of the UK's Innovation Corridor, adjoining the globally renowned cities of London and Cambridge, which is home to many world leading universities, research and development organisations, technology, life sciences and quantum technology companies.

This new Air India route will facilitate major business opportunities in both countries and can only strengthen business trade and investment building upon the substantial and growing Indian owned business base in Essex.
David Rooke, Location Services Director at Invest ESSEX

Last edited by a moderator:
New x 3 weekly service to Mumbai, info credit to Routesonline (y)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock