With that flight schedule the you can tell its a slot sitter exercise for 2 month period.

The Monday, Friday & Sunday timings are absolutely use less for outbound connections unless you stay overnight at Heathrow, because you'll miss the all important evening wave of outbound long haul departures

Thursday's have the best flight timings as they are ideal for both inbound and outbound connections.

The Saturday outbound connections will be very good but inbound won't be, thats unless you've stayed at Heathrow overnight or come in on one of the very early moring long haul arrivals.

Last edited:
With that flight schedule you can tell its a slot sitter exercise for 2 month period.
They are probably looking at it more as a holiday destination at the moment but also it'll be a bit of a political statement against what is happening with Flybe.
The key for Newquay will be to get them to at least come back in 2021 even just for a full summer.

Over the summer so maybe geared towards leisure primarily? Also a nice chance to stick the boot in to FlyBE ;)

Looks like the using Airbus A319's on the new Heathrow - Newquay route. The service will also operate under the "Shuttle" callsign and "SHT" flight numbers for ATC purposes.

Must admit that Sunday evening slot pair BA would do well using it on the LBA route. Especially that 19:10 departure if used on a northbound.

Last edited:
Full British Airways new summer 2020 London Heathrow - Newquay route schedule.

Monday
BA1350 = LHR 18:05 - NQY 19:15 / BA1351 = NQY 20:15 - LHR 21:25
Thursday
BA1350 = LHR 07:00 - NQY 08:10 / BA1351 = NQY 09:10 - LHR 10:20
Friday
BA1350 = LHR 18:05 - NQY 19:15 / BA1351 = NQY 20:15 - LHR 21:25
Saturday
BA1350 = LHR 06:40 - NQY 07:50 / BA1351 = NQY 09:55 - LHR 11:05
Sunday
BA1350 = LHR 19:10 - NQY 20:20 / BA1351 = NQY 21:25 - LHR 22:35

Interesting.. Mr Walsh clearly looked at my post...
Absolutely a slot sitter. Encouraging but let’s see what materialises from it. It’s deffo a two fingers to FLYBE.
a daily morning slots would be great...

Funny how a route that apparently needs a PSO subsidy to run can suddenly be commercially viable, I wonder if BA is expecting FlyBe/Virgin Connect to completely fold and are doing this to test the waters as they say...

I suspect a large factor for BA is just doing this as a spoiling tactic towards BE. I hope it does stick though and perhaps BA may do it year round, I am off to try the new route in July.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock