Flybeboy

Sep 17, 2018
Devon
Blue islands airways have confirmed new year round flights to exeter and birmingham from next week to jersey. They say they want to also increase their destinathions?! So more to come. Maybe they could open a southwest base to do exeter to manchester or newquay manchester or london.

Some more good news for EXT and kudos to the Blue Islands for stepping in. Yet another different operator flying in to EXT which can only be good news for Exeter Airport.
Blue islands airways have confirmed new year round flights to exeter and birmingham from next week to jersey. They say they want to also increase their destinathions?! So more to come. Maybe they could open a southwest base to do exeter to manchester or newquay manchester or london.
The one big gap left to date in flights from EXT is Manchester, however in the present financial climate I very much doubt that any airline will be looking to establish a new base anywhere unless is a very strong financial justification....

The one big gap left to date in flights from EXT is Manchester, however in the present financial climate I very much doubt that any airline will be looking to establish a new base anywhere unless is a very strong financial justification....
Was part of the rationale for the EXT-MAN route connectivity into Flybe's MAN destinations?

They are on thEir website 1xVbased ATR72 with an enginering base. Also they say this is a first wave of flights announced so more to come. The atr72 could do 4 return flights a day., Iam sure they are looking at dublin, belfast, paris, amsterdam. They have done the last to from jersey before so good luck, they will need it, lets hope they get used, they only have 4 x planes so they will need one more at least...

They are on thEir website 1xVbased ATR72 with an enginering base. Also they say this is a first wave of flights announced so more to come. The atr72 could do 4 return flights a day., Iam sure they are looking at dublin, belfast, paris, amsterdam. They have done the last to from jersey before so good luck, they will need it, lets hope they get used, they only have 4 x planes so they will need one more at least...
I imagine that they might wet lease some more until they can get some more aircraft.

Which ever routes Blue island operate and from,the quicker they can get these flights operateing the better as it will give them a chance of working with out a struggle. Best of luck to them. With the coronavirus airlines are and will have a hard time,no more so than new routes..

Good luck to Blue Islands for taking on the EXT-MAN service.
If these rotations can be timed to coincide with the Jersey rotation at EXT, then the aircraft on the EXT-MAN rotations can be easily worked in service to and from their base at Jersey for maintenance.

Being a small airline, I hope they aren't taking on too much, especially in the present climate.

Last edited:
Well done to EXT and SI. I get the impression that SI realised they had to join in the action and with T3 and LM concentrating on SOU, it's the perfect option for them to start at EXT.
Given that a few months ago there was talk of SI being shut down due to the current owners having little interest in continuing (possibly due to stagnation of the business and ill health of the owner if i remember correct?), hopefully they can position themselves correctly and start to grow. Be interesting to see where the aircraft will come from.

Jerry thanks for the updates regarding Blue Islands services to and from EXT.

Bearing in mind time scales being used by other operators restarting services from EXT, it does seem a little strange from a business prospective, that Blue Islands are not starting flights from EXT until 31st August 2020. Would be interesting to know if there is a particular reason behind this?

31st August 2020. Would be interesting to know if there is a particular reason behind this?
August is in general a more leisure orientated month, September is when the business traffic starts kicking back in.
At least Exeter has dates in the dairy for these routes to start and the airport can begin recovery.

In statement today boss of blue island said they are starting slowly, manchester will go twice day , when things pick up more.he confirmed 1x ATR72 will be based at exeter in next couple of months, .jersey will go up to prob from march 2021..talk of a dublin route to.in future paris, amsterdam i can see.

On travelweekly 2x more atr72 due one sept one by end of year. Going to expand at exeter, southampton and pick up extra jersey routes.

In statement today boss of blue island said they are starting slowly, manchester will go twice day , when things pick up more.he confirmed 1x ATR72 will be based at exeter in next couple of months, .jersey will go up to prob from march 2021..talk of a dublin route to.in future paris, amsterdam i can see.
Some of those former Flybe routes certainly need replacing and Blue Islands - probably an unlikely contender pre-Covid - with its apparent new relationship with the States of Jersey government could now well be the airline to do it.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock