after Fridays TUI flights by World2fly A359 (EC-NTB) which routed BHX-LPA-TFS-BHX, operating a combined Thursdays delayed LPA, and a Friday MAN-TFS-MAN flight, TUI might be doing a similar combined flight again on Saturday

BHX departures is showing the TOM7604 to Alicante, and TOM7632 to Ibiza as being a combined flight with a departure time of 11:30, arriving back into BHX at 20:05 under the flight numbers TOM7605 & TOM7633, so presumably routing BHX-ALC-IBZ-BHX, maybe on A359 EC-NTB again?

Can only presume this is due to crew shortages at TUI?

FR24 is showing that West Atlantic B737-400 (G-NPTX) routing EXT - EMA diverted into BHX, landing at 00:10 after carrying out several holds at EMA. Anyone know what the problem was at EMA?
G_NPTX has just departed BHX for EMA.

[EDIT] - I've just read the EMA thread and found it was due to drones in the area. Several other flights were also diverted.

Kevin

The following is now showing on FR24, for A350-900 EC-NTB.

52137648123_0ae1895281_k.jpg

Which agrees with Matt995's statement -

BHX departures is showing the TOM7604 to Alicante, and TOM7632 to Ibiza as being a combined flight with a departure time of 11:30, arriving back into BHX at 20:05 under the flight numbers TOM7605 & TOM7633, so presumably routing BHX-ALC-IBZ-BHX, maybe on A359 EC-NTB again?
Kevin

Last edited:
FR24 is showing that West Atlantic B737-400 (G-NPTX) routing EXT - EMA diverted into BHX, landing at 00:10 after carrying out several holds at EMA. Anyone know what the problem was at EMA?

[EDIT] - I've just read the EMA thread and found it was due to drones in the area. Several other flights were also diverted.

Kevin
Further to this, it appears that the drones were operating from the Download Festival in Donnington (I'm sure not by professional operators). There are another two days of this festival. Let's hope that we don't see any more disruption.

Kevin

Kevin
Don’t I bloomin we’ll know it, I was on a Tui JSI - EMA last night, after 30 mins of holding to get in low fuel meant we diverted into BHX . Waited on tarmac for an hour or so before 15 min hop to EMA. You can imagine what a nightmare the arrivals hall and car par buses were like with 4 flights in at 2.30am . Grim 🙁

Further to this, it appears that the drones were operating from the Download Festival in Donnington (I'm sure not by professional operators). There are another two days of this festival. Let's hope that we don't see any more disruption.

Kevin
very professional operators, they have been running the festival for almost 20 years, and before that, it was monsters of rock, don't tar an organisation with idiots and drones

I'm sure that if there are any professional drone operators at the festival, they will be well aware of any legal restrictions, liaised with the CAA and EMA and adhered to any guidelines set out. I was thinking it more likely that some festival goers had taken their own drones and flown them without any consideration.

Kevin

I'm sure that if there are any professional drone operators at the festival, they will be well aware of any legal restrictions, liaised with the CAA and EMA and adhered to any guidelines set out. I was thinking it more likely that some festival goers had taken their own drones and flown them without any consideration.

Kevin
no, it was a few idiots who took drones in and used them whilst they were pissed and ignoring guidelines

I've just noticed that Italy's next game is away to Germany on Tuesday. So it's quite possible that the team will fly to Germany direct from BHX (possibly using a scheduled flight) and will not require a charter to Italy.
Likewise, England's next game is against Hungary at Molineux on Tue. I wonder if there will be a charter to bring in the Hungary team?

Kevin

I think G-JZBF has been trying to get back to EMA all weekend. It was on loan from EMA, but the delays kept mounting up. It did return on Friday night, only to have to come back on Saturday. Think it was meant to go back to EMA last night, then worked the ALC and flew peeps back to EMA. Praps a bus ride back to BHX for the pax. Palava for sure.
Summats gotta give in the timetable as it's a rinse and repeat every day now with 24 hour or lengthy delays becoming a bit of the norm. Some days Jet2 have it bad, other days it's Tui. I suppose in one respect the lack of easyJet might be a blessing. They would just add to the headache of Summer 22 at BHX. Not the best year to work in travel......

Not sure, but FR24 shows LS1218 (G-JZBF) diverting to EMA, although it is currently just north of the French coast, over the English Channel. It was due at 00:50 but ETA now 04:39.

Kevin

LS1218 was always due to arrive at EMA, as it had departed from EMA late Saturday evening, its one of the evening flights that jet2 have operated from EMA rather than BHX for some reason.

We have an extra TUI B789 in today, G-TUIO, due to operate to TOM7762/3 Arrecife in place of a B738, and also a Wamos A333 EC-NHM due from Doncaster around 14:30, to operate another combined TUI flight, TOM7780/1 & TOM7722/3 BHX-LCA-PFO-BHX

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock