According to Flightradar24, it continued onto Victorville (VCV) in Southern California after Toronto, the airport where they store all the Aircraft in the desert. Would imagine it will be there for a while in storage or be broken down eventually.
There’s also a Boeing site in VCV, it’s mainly for in depth aircraft maintenance

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but I was trying to find out the other day whether a B747-800 has ever graced BHX with it's presence. I dont recall seeing any pictures of one, and my quick attempt at a search on the BHX Movements site didnt help either (may be user error!).

Anyone know?

I have a vague recollection of a Lufthansa 747-8 Cargo. It flew Jaguar cars out somewhere for a Motor Show abroad.
This was many years ago now, and may not have been the 800 series.
I stand to be corrected by a more knowledgeable person!.

If memory serves me right that was a 747 from Lufthansa for some Land or Range Rovers. It was probably a 200 series as it was in the late 80s. I was working in Forward House at the time (still do in fact) and couldn't get out to see it!

If memory serves me right that was a 747 from Lufthansa for some Land or Range Rovers. It was probably a 200 series as it was in the late 80s. I was working in Forward House at the time (still do in fact) and couldn't get out to see it!
I think you are spot on CL44. I didn't realise it was so long ago!. Yes, Land Rovers or Range Rovers does ring a bell.

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but I was trying to find out the other day whether a B747-800 has ever graced BHX with it's presence. I dont recall seeing any pictures of one, and my quick attempt at a search on the BHX Movements site didnt help either (may be user error!).

Anyone know?
I’m not sure BHX can handle the 747-8? Isn’t it longer than the A346 which can’t be accepted here because the wheel bases are too big for the taxiways?

According to Ian's site another Magna 747 due in fromDWC this morning departing to Hahn. No exact times but shows arrival 08 :** and departing 10 : **

Regarding the 747-8 I don't think one has ever visited, I also remember quite a long series of Atlas 747 charters in the 1990s ? bringing in Ford engines when they owned Land Rover for development purposes as my eldest son was working on the project at the time at Gaydon.

According to Ian's site another Magna 747 due in fromDWC this morning departing to Hahn. No exact times but shows arrival 08 :** and departing 10 : **
I've been looking out for this on FR24 since Monday, as Airport Action reported they would be twice weekly for an undisclosed time. If it was due from DWC at 08:** then it should have been airborne several hours ago. However, these types of flights seem to change their arrival time frequently, so may well appear later. If Airport Action are correct, then the next flight could be on Friday.

Regarding the 747-8 I don't think one has ever visited, I also remember quite a long series of Atlas 747 charters in the 1990s ? bringing in Ford engines when they owned Land Rover for development purposes as my eldest son was working on the project at the time at Gaydon.
I well remember these flights. What a mixture of flights and Airlines we had. I recall seeing Gemini DC10s, Tower 747s, DAS DC10s even an L1011 freighter. We even had some Tarom 707s (but this may have been a different contract).

I remember the Airport had an open day with various static frames (including a Nimrod) and at the end of the day when the apron was clear of Visitors up popped a Gemini DC10 doing a freight run!

It's on its way currently over the Red Sea just passing Qatar destination from BHX given as Frankfurt Hahn but no departure time.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock