Thomson Airways have placed its first winglet equipped Boeing 767-300ER into passenger service, following its modification work. Some say these have come about as "compensation" for delays with the Boeing 787 dreamliner projects. However, the first aircraft G-OBYD (c/n 28042) now has the winglets fitted. The airline has contracted Timco to fit the winglets and install the new entertainment systems under a five year deal signed in September. Maybe Boeing are paying a percentage of this contract as that "compensation"?

Just to avoid any confusion with the above post, G-OBYD is a Manchester based a/c, hence its location within this forum.

The first Boeing 767-300ER aircraft still in the First Choice livery has arrived back at Manchester with the blended winglets now fitted. Thomson seem to be slowly but surely fitting these winglets to their entire 767 fleet. G-OOBL (c/n 27393) arrived back at Manchester from Greensboro, USA following the modification work.

Winglets seem to be the way to go. The savings from having these winglets seem to far out way the cost implications of purchasing and fitting them. I just hope it doesn't lead to airlines keeping aircraft until they are much older.

Thomson will see a deliverie of their first batch of Boeing 787 dreamliners in 2012, with 8 units expected in the first lot.

Thomson plan to utilise their aircraft on shorter haul/medium routes at first so as to allow the crews to get used to them before taking them long haul. (Makes sense i guess)

It is expected Manchester will get based units 1, 4, 5, 6 & 8. London Gatwick will get units 2 & 7. Glasgow will get unit 3.

In terms of the aircraft to be utilised at both BHX and BRS, these flights will be operated using MAN based aircraft for the time being.

Two ex Air Berlin Boeing 757-200's in an all white livery parked on remote stands 75 and 76 are belonging to Thomson Airways.

Airline spec work is expected to be completed over the winter including their paint jobs in Air Livery, so that they are ready for next summer. One is registered G-OOBN and the other not yet known.

Holiday flight delayed after pilots get stuck in traffic

Holidaymakers were delayed for nearly three hours when their pilot was left stranded in motorway traffic, the MEN reports. The captain of the Thomson Airways service from Manchester Airport to Turkey was among thousands of motorists caught up in long delays on the M56 near Chester after a crash between a lorry and two cars. The incident near junction 14 at Hapsford at around 04:30 on Monday caused diesel to spill onto the east-bound carriageway, which remained closed until 11:00. No one was hurt.

The jet had already been delayed for two hours due to a technical problem. Flight TOM714, which had been due to leave for Dalaman at 07:00, eventually departed at 09:50 with 229 passengers on board after a further 50 minute delay before pilot eventually made it to the airport.

Source

Slow news day?

This kind of thing happens all the time but it's usually the cabin crew as opposed to the pilot. :rolleyes:

Looks like TOM 2662 to Fuerteventura is returning to Manchester. It left Manchester with a delay of 1hr and 15 mins at 15:10 and reached 19,000 ft around the Brecon Beacons and has headed back towards Manchester. It is now holding at 6,000 ft around the St Helens, Wigan area.

It is been operated by a321 G-OOPH

What was the problem?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Mobile%20Device.png

Dreamliner to be based at Manchester Airport from next May

A Boeing 787 Dreamliner will fly from Manchester Airport permanently from next May, the MEN reports. Thomson Airways has announced that the revolutionary new plane will operate on its routes from Manchester to Cancun and Orlando Sanford from May next year.

The new plane will land in the city for the first time on Monday night, with up to 10,000 plane-spotters expected to visit the airport to see it Flight frequencies are yet to be confirmed because next year’s timetable has not been finalised, but the newspaper reports the aircraft will be a regular fixture in the region’s skies.

Source

Do we know the thomson allocation to manchester this summer?

Also will be interesting to know what routes the 57/67 (short/medium) will be used on as the 737-800 is a growing aircraft of choice for this airline.

Hello

Can anybody confirm is the Thomson 787 coming to manchester on the 31st May?

Also what short haul routes will they be flying it on for the crew training?

The B787 will be delivered to MAN on 31st May at approx. 0530.

It will be based at MAN training flights at CWL/PIK/NQY before heading to LGW on 20th June for some short haul flights.

It will then be back at MAN on 7th July for the first Long Haul flight.

However, Qatar Airways beat them to the post for the first commercial B787 in Manchester, as they used the Dreamliner yesterday and today on the scheduled flights.

Ok thankyou. Will Thomson be announcing what short haul routes they are doing from Gatwick or is it a last minute aircraft change?

Yeah the flights are:

21st LGW-MAH-LGW-MAH-LGW
22nd LGW-PMI-LGW-RHO-LGW
23rd LGW-HER-LGW-NBE-LGW

Later dates tba and the flights the 2nd B787 will do are tba. There will be flights from MAN too but have not been announced yet.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024
UTFD Step 4 here Come First Away day and the best day of my life
Technically the 14th anniversary of me working at my present job. Tuesday after the May Day bank holiday is when I started .. last Saturday was the actual anniversary.
Whipee it's Friday!
Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock