Covid-19 Response From Different Airlines

Advertisement

Covid-19 Response From Different Airlines
pexels-jerry-wang-3768654 (1).jpg
What are different airlines doing in their response to covid-19. I was reading an article yesterday which was saying one US airline was not taking bookings for the middle seat up until at least January. Only last week a friend of mine was flying back from the Middle East with Qatar and he had been provided with face mask and shield for the flight. What are other airlines doing to protect passengers and do you think it is enough or should airlines be doing more?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
You must wear a mask throughout Dubai International airport, during boarding, throughout your flight, and as you leave the aircraft.

Emirates said:
There are exceptions for children under 6 years old and customers who have certain medical conditions. If for medical reasons you’re unable to wear a mask throughout your entire journey, you need to complete a Medical Information Form (MEDIF) before your flight.

This applies to:
  • Customers with the following cognitive, intellectual or sensory conditions:
    • Parkinson's disease
    • Alzheimer’s disease
    • Dementia
    • Hydrocephalus
    • Down syndrome
    • Developmental delay
    • Autism spectrum condition
  • Customers who require supplemental oxygen or have the following respiratory conditions:
    • Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
    • Heart failure
    • Cystic fibrosis
    • Asthma
So basically with Emirates you must complete a Medical Information Forum if you are unable to fly with a mask. It appears visors are not required or offered.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
You must wear a mask throughout Dubai International airport, during boarding, throughout your flight, and as you leave the aircraft.

So basically with Emirates you must complete a Medical Information Forum if you are unable to fly with a mask. It appears visors are not required or offered.
On the face of it then anyone travelling with Emirates across the world via Dubai must wear a mask at all times whether in the aircraft or in the terminal at DXB. How do they eat and drink I wonder or are they expected not to for up to 24 hours?

Top Bottom