Greek Covid-19 Tests - How is this monitored?

Advertisement

Aug 20, 2020
Wolverhampton
Hi Guys!

I am new to the forum and was really I could get your help. Would be really appreciative if this is possible :)

So, the situation! I am due to fly to Greece tomorrow (Zante), late afternoon. I took the test for Covid yesterday and received a text approximately 28 hours after, to advise it is unclear. I have since taken another test but I am concerned I won't get the result in time for the flight departure.

Obviously, I am really really concerned, that I may not be allowed to go. Or will I not get passed boarder control in Zante?

Does anybody know what the procedure is as I am really lost right now! :(

I really hope someone can help!!

Welcome to forums4airports, your post is in the wrong part of the forum so it will be moved shortly into the Passenger Forum.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Have you filled a passenger locator form? From what I can make of the restrictions it suggests so long as you have completed the locator form you should still be able to travel.

Have you tried Tweeting the airline you are travelling with and checking with them. They will probably have a Q&A on the subject?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE

It says you have to provide the results within 72 hours of arrival but you can also be fined if you haven't completed a locator form.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Hope you got your flight and, in the meantime, can we welcome you to F4A.

We look forward to any further posts that you are able to make.

Aug 20, 2020
Wolverhampton
Hi guys! Thanks for your replies, I look forward to getting involved in this forum some more!

I have completed the PLF and just waiting on the results now. The gov advice suggests we should have test no more than 72 hours in advance BUT there is no mention of this on the Greek gov website. I guess there's no harm in seeing what awaits us on the other side?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
I think you'll be ok but please let us know. Have a great holiday once you've sorted it all out.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
Just to be clear, you absolutely do not need a test before arrival in to Greece (this is different for Cyprus btw). You may be tested when you arrive though, they randomly pick a few people to test. You need to complete the forms on here the day before your flight and show the QR code you get at check in

https://travel.gov.gr/#/

When you come back to the UK you fill in the UK passenger locator form here https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk you can only submit it less than 48 hours before your flight back. When it is submitted you will get an email with a pdf of the completed form attached. If an immigration officer asks to see it you can either show the pdf on your phone or print it off beforehand and show the hard copy.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Just to be clear, you absolutely do not need a test before arrival in to Greece (this is different for Cyprus btw). You may be tested when you arrive though, they randomly pick a few people to test. You need to complete the forms on here the day before your flight and show the QR code you get at check in

https://travel.gov.gr/#/

When you come back to the UK you fill in the UK passenger locator form here https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk you can only submit it less than 48 hours before your flight back. When it is submitted you will get an email with a pdf of the completed form attached. If an immigration officer asks to see it you can either show the pdf on your phone or print it off beforehand and show the hard copy.
Reading both the Greek and UK protocols it seems that anyone without an internet-accessible mobile phone will have major problems as everything seems geared to internet communication.

Neither my wife nor I has a mobile phone other than a pay-as-you-go device which we have in case of an emergency and which I have to remember to use once every three months to prevent the outstanding credit being wiped (it was once).

I wonder how I would manage if I went to Greece and later returned to the UK.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
Reading both the Greek and UK protocols it seems that anyone without an internet-accessible mobile phone will have major problems as everything seems geared to internet communication.

Neither my wife nor I has a mobile phone other than a pay-as-you-go device which we have in case of an emergency and which I have to remember to use once every three months to prevent the outstanding credit being wiped (it was once).

I wonder how I would manage if I went to Greece and later returned to the UK.
I don't know exactly about Greece, I think you may get the QR code emailed and could print that? You will not be allowed to check in for Greece without showing your QR code so you need to find a way to solve that problem otherwise you will not be able to go.

With the UK you can fill in the form online so any pc/tablet will do. If you do not have a phone capable of showing the pdf it then you will need to print it off before you arrive. I believe at some airports they may have a spare tablet or two at arrivals for people to fill it in there and then, but I don't think you can rely on that.

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
ASTWOOD BANK, WORCESTERSHIRE.
As I have mentioned in another thread, it used to be a simple pleasure to take a holiday and like others, I cannot be bothered with faffing about with mobile devices at check in or immigration especially if battery is low on charge!

Aug 20, 2020
Wolverhampton
Morning All, so to update you on our journey. We flew with Jet2.com. The service was quite welcoming and friendly however as expected, it was not possible to socially distance on the plane.

We were asked at the check in desk for the PLF QR code and pdf document (nothing else).

When we arrived to the Greek boarder control we were asked for the same items.

All in all, the queues moved pretty swiftly and tourists were still be welcomed with open arms (as far as I am aware, there were no random temperature or coronavirus checks for my flight).

Hope this helps!

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Thank you for letting us know how you got on. Have a lovely holiday, and hopefully you can forget about covid for a week or two. See you on your return!

Top Bottom