Bit gutted really as i was thinking of going down to get the Vueling A321 but didn't bother. Easyjet at CWL is a rare event!

About half a dozen BRS inbounds circling at the moment. I presume it's because of the thunder storms in the area. We've had thunder and lightning for an hour now where I live about seven miles from the airport.

Two easyJets to BRS (from Palma and Edinburgh) reportedly diverted to CWL because of storms at BRS. A Ryanair from Dublin went to Luton and a Jet2 from Funchal to Birmingham.

I don't know why the Ryanair didn't go into CWL as the airline has handlers there.

Aircraft are landing again now at BRS.

Luton is a surprise I'd have thought they'd have gone to Birmingham.

3 x BRS diversions in already this morning (1 x EI and 2 x EZY)

Low cloud base causing issues over there, and could do so for most of the morning.

3 x BRS diversions in already this morning (1 x EI and 2 x EZY)

Low cloud base causing issues over there, and could do so for most of the morning.
Four other diversions from BRS went to BHX (1 x easyJet and 3 x Ryanair). Aircraft began landing again at BRS from later this morning.

Could CWL have accepted all seven diversions in the sense that sufficient staffing levels would have been available during the current pandemic disruption? I know that Ryanair tends to divert to BHX from BRS whereas easyJet will normally use either CWL or BHX, and sometimes other airports.

If these misty mornings persist CWL might see further diversions from BRS.

Kingshat posted this in the BRS forum this week.

The Runway 27 ILS has been unavailable for about a month whilst a new one has been installed. Commissioning flight checks have taken place yesterday and today which, if successful, will be followed by more ground testing. The ILS is then required to be soak tested for a short period before returning to Cat 1 operations, hopefully on Saturday evening. Cat 3b landings will recommence after a further 300 hours of fault free running - the ILS will generally not be available on Runway 09 during this period, unless the weather dictates that it is required for landing. All being well the airport should return to normal ILS operations by 1st October.

This morning there was a brief period when aircraft did not land at BRS and two easyJets both on domestic flights diverted, one to Luton and the other to Liverpool. Quite why they didn't pop in to CWL I don't know. Both aircraft returned to BRS within an hour or so and CWL is obviously nearer.

This morning there was a brief period when aircraft did not land at BRS and two easyJets both on domestic flights diverted, one to Luton and the other to Liverpool. Quite why they didn't pop in to CWL I don't know. Both aircraft returned to BRS within an hour or so and CWL is obviously nearer.
Both are EZY bases obviously so maybe the crews were low on time so if they ran out then the aircraft were at Easyjet bases and not a non base?
Shame though as it would be a nice bit of extra revenue for Cardiff!

I think the question to ask is did Cardiff have any movements around the same time? Maybe the Swissport staff are being rostered around flights so if there’s no flights then no staff to handle the diverts.
I wondered if that might be the reason but am not familiar with CWL handing staff procedures.

Thanks to South Wales Aviation Group I noted the first arrival of the day last Saturday (18 September) was scheduled at 1020 (Ryanair from Malaga} with the next one not scheduled until 1155 (TUI from Palma). The first departure was scheduled for 0615 (TUI to Palma) with the next departure at 1045 (Ryanair to Malaga).

The inbound easyJet diverts from BRS that went to Liverpool and Luton were due at 0840 and 0845 so your suggested explanation might well be correct.

3 fog diverts into CWL this evening from BRS

1 x EZY (BFS), 1 x WZZ (KTW), 1 x KLM (AMS)

Most others diverted to LGW, more than likely due to staffing levels at CWL ground handling.

Boom!!!!

TAF:
EGFF 171702Z 1718/1818 26016KT 9999 SCT030 BECMG 1718/1721 20008KT BECMG 1721/1724 14010KT TEMPO 1721/1806 7000 RA BKN012 BECMG 1800/1803 19022G33KT PROB40 TEMPO 1800/1806 3000 +RA RADZ BKN006 TEMPO
1803/1806 20032G44KT BECMG
1806/1808 23035G55KT BECMG
1808/1810 28040G58KT TEMPO
1808/1809 22050G70KT TEMPO
1809/1812 26050G70KT 6000 RA
SHRA BKN009 BECMG 1812/1814 27035G48KT TEMPO 1814/1816 26043G60KT PROB30 TEMPO 1815/1818 4000 SHRASN BKN012 BECMG 1816/1818 26025G37KT

Quite the day at CWL today!

- TUI to HER is operated by HiFly A330 (assuming the original aircraft has gone tech) and the flight has subsequently left 3hrs late…
- FR DUB went tech on arrival (they must’ve drafted in parts/engineer swiftly on their Learjet 45 MABEU ) and eventually left just over 3hrs late…
- FR24 says the EDI is canx (airport website says operating)

Unpredictable! It is aviation after all. That’s why we love it.

Seems the Wizz from TFS diverted to LTN during the early hours, presumably due to visibility issues in CWL…

Let’s hope it gets back in time for the morning rotation to ALC which is already showing as delayed by an hour.

Seems the Wizz from TFS diverted to LTN during the early hours, presumably due to visibility issues in CWL…

Let’s hope it gets back in time for the morning rotation to ALC which is already showing as delayed by an hour.
Estimated departure of 0930 I believe for Alicante. Hopefully Wizz will have a spare aircraft to do that so the other flights don't get cancelled.

Estimated departure of 0930 I believe for Alicante. Hopefully Wizz will have a spare aircraft to do that so the other flights don't get cancelled.
FAO already cancelled!
If the schedule is more than 90 mins behind, it means crew are out of hours so for the 3rd time this month, FAO has had to be cancelled because of crew being out of hours!

Very poor in my opinion, and probally the reason why FAO is getting moved to the 06:00 slot from a July onwards so the crew can do FAO alone; then the next do ALC-PMI which is a smaller block time compared to ALC-FAO due to it being slightly smaller flying time!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock