Cockpit built from LEGO! (which could use your help)

Dazz

Feb 17, 2021
Brisbane
Hi fellow Avgeeks!

What is it?
I built a cockpit made of LEGO™ modelled off the Boeing 747. I am in the process of updating the interior colors and instrument panels to reflect the 400 model, so please don't yell at me lol. It took a month to do this so a lot of love went into it.

How can avgeeks help?
I submitted it to the Lego Ideas program where it could be made into an actual Lego set if it reaches 10K votes. As I'm writing this, it has 1.3K votes still a few votes to go.
It would be awesome for fellow avgeeks to help support this and appreciate all the support it can get.
To vote: it's free, will need to log in via FB (easiest method) and click the support button - takes about 1 minute

This is the link: bit.ly/747Cockpit

Hope you like it and really appreciate your support. Feel free to share as well.

Cockpit1a.png

Cockpit9.png
Cockpit12.png
Cockpit2a.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Absolutely, welcome to Forums4airports @Dazz I've added a snippet to the sites homepage to assist with getting views. I truly wish you every success in getting Lego to take this to the next level and get it boxed for everyone to enjoy! Please keep us all up to date with where you are with this!

Dazz

Feb 17, 2021
Brisbane
Thanks everyone who has supported so far - it is really appreciated!

I couldn't figure out how to update my original post, however I have updated this to reflect the 747 - 400 variant with both internal colors and instrument panels. If anyone can tell me how to edit the original post would be awesome.

Cockpit Brown 1.png
Cockpit Brown 2.png

Cockpit Brown 3.png
Cockpit Brown 7.png

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Hi Dazz

I can't remember whether you have the option to edit a post or not - I suspect that you can only do that within a short space of time after the initial post. I believe the option is there if you upgrade your membership.

Either way I think it looks better if you do, as you have, a new post, because then any changes you make to the model can be seen.

Happy modelling.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
You clearly have a talent for it. As a kid I can recall playing with Lego all the time. It was never as technical as it is now. Today both my children are interested in Lego and they both think your Boeing 747 cockpit is "awesome", so kudos to you!

@Scottie Dog is correct, members only get a few minutes to change their posts but I agree with him in that it's nice to see the progress you've made. I look forward to seeing your design in the shops, and building it with the children. Thanks for the update, keep us informed!

Just to note, we have a general part of the forum where you could also create a Lego thread for general Lego if you like? I see you've got a real flare for the hobby.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
If Lego were to create a realistic airport, to scale, that might interest me, a working tower with radar?
Fair point. Some of the existing Lego airports and aircraft are somewhat clumsy. This, although only a cockpit is by fair the most accurate I've seen so far.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
That will do nicely, thank you DAZZ! Next job is to marry it with a flight simulator software package.....could make money.
You might be onto something there. My son loves playing online Lego games as well as using the real stuff. I can just imagine a Lego game where you design your own Lego airport where you can then land this Lego masterpiece into the Lego airport you've made. That would be cool!

Dazz

Feb 17, 2021
Brisbane
51013396763_9face0f4f1_b.jpg

Hi Everyone. My Boeing 747 Cockpit on LEGO Ideas has now completed a quarter of its journey! Thank you so much to the 2,500 supporters who boarded for this journey so far. It's been fantastic and really appreciated!

There are plenty of seats available - please help support this LEGO Idea to reach its destination (it's easy, free and takes just a minute). bit.ly/747Cockpit

Dazz

Feb 17, 2021
Brisbane
Hi everyone. This little project now has 3000 supporters
:clap2:

It still requires 7000 more but is certainly achievable. Please take a moment to help support - it is legitimate, free and only takes a few clicks

Many thanks bit.ly/747Cockpit

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.