CL44

Jan 20, 2009
Birmingham
Looks like SV (Saudia) will be starting up 4 x flights per week using B789 BHX-JED from 1st June (according to a Sales Rep I spoke with yesterday). Good news for another Middle East Carrier starting up! No word as yet on what days the flights will operate. I dare say I will get this information closer to June.

Looks like SV (Saudia) will be starting up 4 x flights per week using B789 BHX-JED from 1st June (according to a Sales Rep I spoke with yesterday). Good news for another Middle East Carrier starting up! No word as yet on what days the flights will operate. I dare say I will get this information closer to June.

What are Saudia like for cargo @CL44?

Boeing 777s will also be used when demand is slightly higher.

What are Saudia like for cargo @CL44?
B789 not too bad for cargo. Personally I have not used SV for cargo for a while (we follow instructions from our Clients and so if any Airline has fallen out of favor for whatever reason we don't use them). They do have quite a varied network so we shall have to wait and see what happens! If nothing else it is another option which we can offer to our Clients to consider. As I have previously said though once a service starts it is a case of use it or lose it!

Forgive me if I’ve missed something but I haven’t seen anything on socials regarding this happening (yet) have you got any sources to back this up?

Hopefully it happens and i did see the other day about Saudia possibly expanding in the UK but this was speculation nothing confirming it’s definitely happening.

Forgive me if I’ve missed something but I haven’t seen anything on socials regarding this happening (yet) have you got any sources to back this up?

Hopefully it happens and i did see the other day about Saudia possibly expanding in the UK but this was speculation nothing confirming it’s definitely happening.
ACL Slots, however i do agree and this may be pushed forward.

Is this to Jeddah? I believe that they have a shiny new airport and are keen to develop onward connections.
Jeddah yeah

There's some peeps here getting ahead of themselves. Let's just wait for official channels to confirm or deny a Saudia service. İt'll be a 789 if it does ever touch down on the tarmac. A new service, just like at any airport, has to bed in and build up a new route. Upgauges may happen from time to time I'm sure, but whatever the aircraft is, just be happy it's at BHX.
Great new route if it all pans out 👌

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn’t mean it’s necessarily happening. Until confirmed by sources (such as BHX Airport) then it’s just speculation.
Unless the Cargo Sales Rep that I met with Yesterday is mistaken (and if he is mistaken then all his sales calls yesterday and today were a waste of time). I can only advise what I have been told and pass anything on in good faith. However combined with the slot allocation and this meeting I feel fairly confident that they plan on starting a service!

Saudia aircraft seating according to SeatGuru.com -

Boeing 787-9 Seats:24 Business274 Economy

Boeing 777-200 Two Class Seats:14 Business327 Guest

Boeing 777-300 Two Class Seats:30 Business383 Guest

Note - I've only listed the 2 class aircraft and I have no idea of what 'guest' class is.
I've yet to see an official confirmation of the service. Time will tell.

B4 we all jump on the bandwagon.We need to know if it’s confirmed by the three parties of bhx and Saudia website and Jeddah.though someone heard from a source from bhx representative. We need to have official confirmation from those 3 parties or even our Sean m

Last edited by a moderator:
B4 we all jump on the bandwagon.We need to know if it’s confirmed by the three parties of bhx and Saudia website and Jeddah.though someone heard from a source from bhx representative which could be bollocks(excuse my language)We need to have official confirmation from those 3 parties or even our Sean m
That is fine by me. I deal with this sales rep on a regular basis (and have done for at least 15 years and his colleagues for another 23 years on top of that) and trust what he and his colleagues say. I agree that until there is metal and rubber on the deck outside the Terminal at BHX nothing can be taken for granted, but Airlines come into us on a regular basis advising of new routes and services around their network. They have to because they need to build up awareness of both the routes and available services. We rely on them to give us accurate information which we , as Forwarding Agents, pass onto our Clients to try and build up their interest in using said services. Any Airline worth their salt will do this to avoid having to build up a Client base from the day the flight first operates. It has been this way for the last 38 Years and I do not see much changing for the future!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock