• Admin
Newcastle Airport Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) performance

The report will be prepared annually, and this first one covers the year 2022. It highlights much of the work being done in respect of the Airport’s role in the North East region and as a place to work, its community engagement, and progress on sustainability, including its Net Zero Carbon 2035 plan.

2022 was the year that the Airport secured its first ever sustainable finance package, including a £15 million green loan to progress the delivery of key infrastructure projects that are required to decarbonise its operations.

As part of the financing, the Airport agreed four key performance indicator targets for 2022, all of which were achieved, including a target-exceeding reduction in carbon emissions of 29.5% compared to a 2019 baseline.

2022 also saw the securing of planning permission for a major solar farm and the commencement of construction. The project is now complete, with the facility generating a proportion of the Airport’s electricity usage.

Nick Jones, Chief Executive, said:

“The Airport is part of a community and we are committed to doing what we can to benefit all our stakeholders.

“We want to ensure that the Airport will continue to support economic growth in the region, be a great place to work, be a responsible neighbour and reduce our environmental impact.

We believe that the sustainability of the Airport is the key to unlocking a better future for the North East and achieving our vision.”

The report has been published on the Airport website and can be accessed via the following link: https://bit.ly/40dKVwQ

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock