Looking at KLM for May and they are down as 3 weekly on Monday, Wednesday and Friday with the exception of Friday 7th May, Monday 17th May, Wednesday 19th May, there's a Sunday flight on 23rd May and a Thursday flight on 27th May. With the exception of the 23rd and 27th which are morning departures the other are evening departures.
From the 30th May they will operate 6 weekly flights daily except Saturdays until the 22nd June when there will be 2 daily flights with the return of the 06.05 departure except Saturdays when there will be 3 daily flights and Sundays where it will 1 daily until 31st July. So 14 weekly. It looks like that could continue until the end of October at least.

With Wales playing in Amsterdam next weekend hopefully we might see some extra flights from KLM or maybe bigger aircraft.

BBC reporting that Dutch authorites have told Welsh football fans to stay away from Holland. They will not be admitted. There must be hundreds , possibly thousands of fans who would have made the journey in normal times.

BBC reporting that Dutch authorites have told Welsh football fans to stay away from Holland. They will not be admitted. There must be hundreds , possibly thousands of fans who would have made the journey in normal times.
I believe the Welsh government are looking at fan zones. In normal times you'd have probably looked at between 10,000 and 20,000 going. I believe 20,000 fans were in France in 2016.

I believe the Welsh government are looking at fan zones. In normal times you'd have probably looked at between 10,000 and 20,000 going. I believe 20,000 fans were in France in 2016.
It's a great pity although looking at the Dutch government website it appears that Denmark, like the UK, is not on the Dutch government's list of safe countries from which people entering the Netherlands don't need a prior negative virus test nor do they need to quarantine once arrived in the Netherlands.

All countries not on the Safe List are regarded as High Risk.

When you see many of the other teams playing their matches at home, Wales have had a rough ride, and travelled the furthest.
It's because Cardiff didn't qualify as a host city. It got pipped by Glasgow thanks to one Sir Alex Ferguson!

When you see many of the other teams playing their matches at home, Wales have had a rough ride, and travelled the furthest.
It's because Cardiff didn't qualify as a host city. It got pipped by Glasgow thanks to one Sir Alex Ferguson!
There are eleven host cities in different countries which means that eleven of the 24 finalists play at least some of their matches in their own country. The other 13, including Wales, play all their matches 'abroad'.

There should have been 12 host cities but Dublin was removed after the Irish government was unable to guarantee UEFA attendance targets because of Covid.

Bilbao was also removed for the same reason but its matches were switched to Seville so Spain retained its host presence.

Dublin's group matches were moved to St Petersburg, which already had an allocation of games, and Dublin's last 16 match was moved to London (Wembley). By winning their group England will be one of the teams playing at Wembley in the last 16; in fact should England reach the final (I would not be betting on it) they would play all but their quarter-final match at Wembley.

Wembley already had three group games plus the semi-finals and final.

When Dublin was removed I thought that Cardiff might be in with a good chance of hosting the Irish capital's matches. Euro2020 is unusual for two reasons: it is being played in 2021; matches are spread all around Europe instead of being concentrated in one country or pair of countries as has always happened in the past. Euro2024 is scheduled to be played entirely in Germany.

Looked ahead a bit for KLM and for most of August they are 6 weekly with no flights on a Sunday and then I'm September and October they are daily.

Hopefully this means that in December KLM will see a boost and CWL will get at least 2 daily flights with the return of the overnighting aircraft. At the moment December is at the default 20 weekly but most of October and November is only 5 weekly with no flights on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock