Security, Immigration & Border Control

Karl Cunningham

Jan 1, 2016
Turkey
Just arrived back on the Titan 757 from Arrecife. Didn't expect to get on a 757 ever again tbh. Went off like a pocket rocket from ACE. Loads of leg room....showing its age however. Titan and Tui crew were very good. On arrival parked on a remote stand and stairs and bus there immediately. Thru immigration in a trice to find bags waiting. Again..... excellent service from me local...well done BHX!

Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
No where
That depends on where you work. Airport employees might all have new additional checks but to work in aviation security you already have to reach CTC clearance. I am not aware of there being any additional delays in obtaining clearance but that could account for some of the problems if that is the case.

There are many problems that's causing this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

KJAY 786

Oct 4, 2019
BIRMINGHAM
We need more airlines and routes from the midlands - the airport is not as busy as before - what happening so many ques mum says that they need more terminal space meaning larger terminals to be invested and sort it out quickly the summer rush is yet to start - so strange ques at BHX -

rollo

Aug 26, 2014
Quick report on our travel experience through BHX, bearing in mind we travelled hand luggage only.

Arrived at mid day and went straight to the express security channel through in around 30 minutes with lots of passengers from the normal queue being fed in to the line. The security checks were fine but only four of the lanes were operating but everything seemed to be moving OK.

We boarded our Jet2 flight on time then sods law kicked in with the captain announcing a one hour delay as the aircraft was having a tyre changed. The good news was strong tail winds meant we landed more or less on schedule.

Return trip delayed by 90 minutes due to security delays in Birmingham so arrived into BHX at 0200hrs, airport was busy we parked on the remotes at the Eurohub and quickly bussed to immigration straight through and out to the car in minutes.

All in all fine apart from the late incoming flight.

For reference LPA airport was suberp straight through immigration, no checks of vaccination status everyone just waved through by the officials!
Return even easier walk up to security scan boarding cards no queue whatsoever for bag scanning and through in a jiffy.

Noticed on arrival lots of queuing at the Jet2 check in which wasn't open yet nearly 4hrs before first departures.

Karl Cunningham

Jan 1, 2016
Turkey
When I went thru security earlier at BHX, it was near empty. Breezed thru in minutes. I'm sure it wasn't like that an hour or two earlier. On the other hand, the Turkish Airlines check in is a mess with people queueing almost to the door. BHX really need to make more room for check in areas...if it can. I know room is near impossible, but it all feels so enclosed with no daylight at all.

Nethercote2019

Apr 17, 2019
Birmingham
Just returned from a round trip to Munich, flew out Monday 7 am on full flight & back last night 1/2 full. Check in & immigration on Monday morning was very busy but well organised & all in good humour, Que was outside Garfunkel & took 45 minutes, people were queuing at Wetherspoons which was rammed infact all eatery places were packed, one hour delay to our departure according to the captain due to staff shortage in Germany at ATC, arrived at Munich & had to wait for stand to be cleared of vehicles & airbridge repositioning- again the captain said staff shortages are all across Europe !
The return landing at BHX bang on time even with an extra twirl of Sutton tv mast on approach not had this on 15 before ? Into arrival corridor where screens were saying 35 minutes to clear area to actually find the immigration area virtually empty & most e gates in operation all be it with lots of people not understanding what to do, I was thru and out onto railway station In 45 mins from wheels down.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.