Status
Not open for further replies.
Flybe has launched flights from Manchester to Avignon (2xweek) and Bergerac (3xweek) and Limoges (3xweek)

The airlines has failed to return the neighboring airports service from Leeds Bradford to Bergerac after Jet2 decided to operate the same route from there.

[textarea]Flybe’s summer Manchester routes take off

Flybe has launched four new routes from Manchester Airport as part of its summer 2010 schedule. It will fly twice weekly to Avignon, six times weekly to Bournemouth and also start services to Bergerac and Limoges, flying three times a week to each destination.

Flights to La Rochelle, Brest and Rennes will continue over the summer 2010 time table. All flights can be booked online at the airline's website.

Source[/textarea]

[textarea]Flybe Manchester Airport emergency

A Flybe plane made an emergency landing at Manchester Airport just minutes after take-off on Monday. Flight BE663 took off from Manchester for Bournemouth with about 40 passengers on board, but soon after leaving the captain announced the plane had ‘technical’ problems and would have to turn back.

In a second announcement to passengers the captain said the fault had worsened and he was shutting down an engine. The plane landed safely shortly afterwards. The passengers disembarked normally and were transferred to a flight to Southampton and then taken by bus to Bournemouth.

Source[/textarea]

Sorry is that Londonderry, I can't remember the code? I can't imagine the route will be overly popular but it's definitely the right airline for the job.

[textarea]Flybe forced to suspend Manchester – Guernsey route

Flybe has criticised the lack of an open skies policy in Guernsey after the suspension of summer flights between the island and Manchester, the BBC reports. The Commerce and Employment Department said the suspension followed a review of all air transport licences.

The airline said it was ‘bemused’ by the Department and its ‘ostrich-like refusal to follow the rest of Europe in operating an open skies policy’. It plans to appeal against the suspension. The Department refused to comment.

Source[/textarea]

Flybe is to axe its service between Manston and Manchester from Monday April 4 stating "passenger numbers made the flight economically and environmentally hard to justify".

surprised MSE lasted this long, probably one of the most random routes BE have tried, and to that extent, it shows why EU jet failed too. I just dont get whats in that area to entice passengers?

Fair play to BE for trying though, but Im predicting a lot of domestic routes will become a thing of the past, as the taxes are high, environmentalists bearing down and faster trains.

Certainly a situation to watch

Hi

Regional low cost airline Flybe.com have announced 2 new routes from its Manchester base today, They will fly direct 4 times weekly services to both Knock-Ireland West and Newquay Airports. Both services commence from the start off the winter 2011/12 timetable and are now both on sale via the airlines website at, http://www.flybe.com

Newquay flights will operate on = Monday, Thursday, Friday & Sundays. This service will replace the recently announced soon to be axed Air Southwest route.

Knock Ireland-West flights will operate on = Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday. This service will replace recently announced soon to be axed bmibaby route.

lbaspotter said:
Hi

Regional low cost airline Flybe.com have announced 2 new routes from its Manchester base today, They will fly direct 4 times weekly services to both Knock-Ireland West and Newquay Airports. Both services commence from the start off the winter 2011/12 timetable and are now both on sale via the airlines website at, http://www.flybe.com

Newquay flights will operate on = Monday, Thursday, Friday & Sundays. This service will replace the recently announced soon to be axed Air Southwest route.

Knock Ireland-West flights will operate on = Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday. This service will replace recently announced soon to be axed bmibaby route.

Just a article on the issue (below) that LBA spotter has pointed out.

[textarea]Flybe announce Manchester – Newquay flights

Flybe is preparing to step in and save the air link between Newquay and Manchester, after Air Southwest drops the route on September 14. Starting October 30, Flybe will fly four times a week - each Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

Mike Rutter, Flybe’s chief commercial officer, said the move was in recognition of ‘how vital it is for Cornwall to continue to have regular air access to key destinations. We know how important it is to keep Britain on the move. We have every expectation that this new year-round route will become as popular as our Gatwick service and that we will be able to increase frequency for Summer 2012.’

Source[/textarea]

According to Finnair.com, Flybe will operate the saturday afternoon service to Helsinki.

AY937 becomes:
AY3757 ''opererated by BE''

Timings stay the same.

Manchester-Norwich

Following the basing of a Loganair Dornier 328 turbo-prop at Norwich International Airport, from 5 March 2012 the Flybe operation will be increased to 3 x daily on weekdays using their franchisee, Loganair's equipment.

Flybe today have announced that Manchester will receive official 'hub' status for their flights.

Up till now, flybe have only operated as a 'based' airline, but, the creation of the hub will be particularly good for the passenger figures at MAN.

In terms of increases in flights, the only initial increases observed are MAN-NWI (from 1 to 3 daily), and Exeter which will increase from 2 to 3 daily.

However, by creating the hub, Flybe has effectively introduced the following new routes (all via MAN):

Aberdeen - Exeter
Aberdeen - Isle of Man
Aberdeen - Norwich
Belfast City - Exeter
Belfast City - Inverness
Belfast City - Norwich
Edinburgh - Exeter
Edinburgh - Isle of Man
Exeter - Glasgow
Exeter - Inverness
Exeter - Isle of Man
Exeter - Norwich
Glasgow - Isle of Man
Glasgow - Norwich
Inverness - Isle of Man
Inverness - Norwich
Isle of Man - Norwich

This will also bode well for Etihad, who codeshare on most of the Flybe scottish/Isle of Mann flights, as it gives them an increased chance to gain passengers from GLA/ABZ/INV/EDI on the MAN, who may have previously gone via LHR.

More on the deal here:

http://www.flybe.com/corporate/media/news/1203/08.htm

However, by creating the hub, Flybe has effectively introduced the following new routes (all via MAN):

I accept that they are new routes via Manchester but some already exist and will continue to exist as direct, non-stop routes such as Exeter-Glasgow, Exeter-Edinburgh, Exeter-Belfast City and Exeter-Norwich.

The MAN hub will obviously give additional options at different times of the day. The links via MAN to Aberdeen (now the route via LBA is to be stopped), Inverness and Isle of Man will be useful additions for those travelling from and to Devon and the adjoining areas.

I accept that they are new routes via Manchester but some already exist and will continue to exist as direct, non-stop routes such as Exeter-Glasgow, Exeter-Edinburgh, Exeter-Belfast City and Exeter-Norwich.

I agree that there is certainly an element of 'spin' in the article. However, the fact that MAN is actively being advertised as a hub in the originating cities can only be a good thing for the airport.

Other increases have been mentioned in my 2014 summary thread, which include Milan, Aberdeen and Isle of Mann.

Another increase noted in the timetable is Newquay, which rises from 3 weekly in the winter to 2xdaily in the summer.

Quite an increase.

Another increase noted in the timetable is Newquay, which rises from 3 weekly in the winter to 2xdaily in the summer.

I take it this increase is mainly to feed into Flybe's MAN hub in the same it feeds from Exeter. No doubt some will still use the service for surfing and holidaying in Cornwall as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock