Have I been dreaming? I thought that I had read on here before Christmas about this and reductions at other UK Airports.

Hi Seaside

Nothing previously reported on this particular thread and ACL have only just mentioned in their latest update.

I'm not saying may not have been reported elsewhere.

I recall reading Glasgow would get the A380 during this period and that Birmingham would be unaffected.

When @Scottie Dog posted about the morning Manchester flight being cancelled I had a feeling I'd seen it before as well. If not on here I can't think where though :unsure:

Yes it has been reported before and I think it was about October last year, BHX loses about 2 flights a week
and LGW, LHR and MAN loose a daily rotation

When you get to my age, you begin to think you have forgotten everything you've been told. Glad to see that I am "poco mentis" or whatever the right word is. :)

Emirates’ flights to London Heathrow will be reduced to two flights a day, while Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham will be served with one flight a day from 25 March to 30 June, 2020.

These destinations will all be served by Boeing 777s. The airline will also temporarily suspend its fights to Newcastle, London Stansted, London Gatwick and Edinburgh over the same period.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We continue to monitor the situation closely, and look forward to resuming normal operations when feasible.

Emirates’ flights to London Heathrow will be reduced to two flights a day, while Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham will be served with one flight a day from 25 March to 30 June, 2020.

These destinations will all be served by Boeing 777s. The airline will also temporarily suspend its fights to Newcastle, London Stansted, London Gatwick and Edinburgh over the same period.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We continue to monitor the situation closely, and look forward to resuming normal operations when feasible.

Not surprising under the circumstances.

EK website now says that flights to UK will continue. All I can say is that the situation is very confusing and to watch the news.

EK website now says that flights to UK will continue. All I can say is that the situation is very confusing and to watch the news.
Now completely suspended for at least two weeks from 25 March

Looks like their government stepped in and imposed the restriction, irrespective of what other governments are asking.

UAE government suspends all passenger flights from 25 March 2020
News flash
Last updated: 23 March 2020, 17:01 Dubai (GMT+4)
As per the UAE government’s directive, Emirates will temporarily suspend all passenger services from 25 March 2020. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused to our customers and travellers. These measures are in place to contain the spread of COVID-19, and we hope to resume services as soon as feasible.

I would think that will be an estimate as its almost impossible to predict where the world will be by the 1st June.

According to Airlineroutes Emirates are due to recommence their Manchester service on 1st June with a double daily A380. The 3rd flight then comes back online from 1st September.

A further update from Airlineroutes - it seems to change rather frequently:

Dubai – Manchester eff 01JUL20 1 daily A380 (2 daily from 15JUL20, 3 daily from 01SEP20)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock