• Forums4airports Statement re: Covid-19 after Prime Minister, Boris Johnson's address to the Nation at 20:30 on Monday, March 23rd 2020 Please be aware of the latest measures implemented by the UK Government this evening, It is now advising all persons to stay at home due to the COVID-19 outbreak. PLEASE we ask, with any movements due in the next few weeks to your local Airport, Military base or local airfield, that you DO NOT attend that airport, military base or airfield, no matter how special it maybe. No aircraft is worth your health, your families health and all those around you. Those aircraft will come back we are sure, so please, adhere to the Government's advice and stay at home. We wish every single one of our members, your families and loved ones the very best for the next few weeks and months ahead. Please, please do your bit to Help the NHS and all emergency services. Site Admin and Moderator Team

Emirates

Advertisement

Seasider

Premium Member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 16, 2009
East Coast
Have I been dreaming? I thought that I had read on here before Christmas about this and reductions at other UK Airports.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Hi Seaside

Nothing previously reported on this particular thread and ACL have only just mentioned in their latest update.

I'm not saying may not have been reported elsewhere.

Coathanger16

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2016
Horsham
I recall reading Glasgow would get the A380 during this period and that Birmingham would be unaffected.

When @Scottie Dog posted about the morning Manchester flight being cancelled I had a feeling I'd seen it before as well. If not on here I can't think where though :unsure:

mullion

May 9, 2014
Yes it has been reported before and I think it was about October last year, BHX loses about 2 flights a week
and LGW, LHR and MAN loose a daily rotation

Seasider

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2009
East Coast
When you get to my age, you begin to think you have forgotten everything you've been told. Glad to see that I am "poco mentis" or whatever the right word is. :)

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Emirates’ flights to London Heathrow will be reduced to two flights a day, while Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham will be served with one flight a day from 25 March to 30 June, 2020.

These destinations will all be served by Boeing 777s. The airline will also temporarily suspend its fights to Newcastle, London Stansted, London Gatwick and Edinburgh over the same period.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We continue to monitor the situation closely, and look forward to resuming normal operations when feasible.

IanFarquharson

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2015
Balsall Common
bhxmovements..co.uk
Emirates’ flights to London Heathrow will be reduced to two flights a day, while Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham will be served with one flight a day from 25 March to 30 June, 2020.

These destinations will all be served by Boeing 777s. The airline will also temporarily suspend its fights to Newcastle, London Stansted, London Gatwick and Edinburgh over the same period.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We continue to monitor the situation closely, and look forward to resuming normal operations when feasible.
Not surprising under the circumstances.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
EK website now says that flights to UK will continue. All I can say is that the situation is very confusing and to watch the news.

BlueManc

Nov 7, 2017
Manchester
Looks like their government stepped in and imposed the restriction, irrespective of what other governments are asking.

UAE government suspends all passenger flights from 25 March 2020
News flash
Last updated: 23 March 2020, 17:01 Dubai (GMT+4)
As per the UAE government’s directive, Emirates will temporarily suspend all passenger services from 25 March 2020. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused to our customers and travellers. These measures are in place to contain the spread of COVID-19, and we hope to resume services as soon as feasible.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
I would think that will be an estimate as its almost impossible to predict where the world will be by the 1st June.

Top Bottom