• Forums4airports Statement re: Covid-19 after Prime Minister, Boris Johnson's address to the Nation at 20:30 on Monday, March 23rd 2020 Please be aware of the latest measures implemented by the UK Government this evening, It is now advising all persons to stay at home due to the COVID-19 outbreak. PLEASE we ask, with any movements due in the next few weeks to your local Airport, Military base or local airfield, that you DO NOT attend that airport, military base or airfield, no matter how special it maybe. No aircraft is worth your health, your families health and all those around you. Those aircraft will come back we are sure, so please, adhere to the Government's advice and stay at home. We wish every single one of our members, your families and loved ones the very best for the next few weeks and months ahead. Please, please do your bit to Help the NHS and all emergency services. Site Admin and Moderator Team

Qatar Airways

Advertisement

Scottie Dog

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
And where are all the MAN forumers, we are going through a civil aviation crisis and they are nowhere to be seen. :unsure:

Are they all self isolating ? :sick::sick::sick:
Sorry just a little busy at the moment. I did think that when I reached 70 I would have loads of time but that seems to have been a fallacy!!

Rob c DSA

May 27, 2017
worksop
And where are all the MAN forumers, we are going through a civil aviation crisis and they are nowhere to be seen. :unsure:

Well there ain't many let's be honest, most people wouldn't show any interest in the place anyway even if things were posted on the airport that isn't a dig just a fact that probably only a dozen people show much interest.

It's all very tit for tat with some people every airports going through the same but because Manchester is a bigger and more successful airport and a number of Birmingham supporters on here can't get over the fact you decide to have a dig when the industry and world is on it's knees. Smart (n)

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
I think we need to remember what is going on outside of this forum. Members may not want to post on here during what could be a devastating time for them personally if they've lost their job or seen friends and colleagues lose theirs or they could be effected by the coronavirus in a way we don't know.
We all come on here for our own reasons.
I just hope that members who aren't posting for whatever reason will return when they want to and are ok health wise physically and mentally.

Llandudno

Feb 3, 2019
Llandudno

I am personally not posting as the industry change is so fast moving it’s hard to keep up, so little point trying. Also, at a time this industry is in full crisis mode, speculation (which is pretty much all anyone can provide at this stage) will not help that industry. On top of that, as said, many posters may be personally affected by all of this and are in no mood, position or of sound mind to post.

Lastly, at this time, can we leave the petty little point scoring type posts like this go for now, it’s not the time, nor the place for it. At times like this, unity is what everyone needs, regardless of which airport you’re interested in. This is no longer about who’s airport is better, who’s supporters are better, which airport will loose the most, which airport will recover faster etc, this is about the very survival of the industry right now.

Let’s just be nice to each other and realise all of this isn’t pleasant for anyone right now.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
I believe that Llandudno has summed things up pretty neatly. I must be honest and say that I am getting very little feedback from my airport contacts at the present time and there have little to post - plus the sun has been shining and, despite the wind, I have taken the opportunity to spend time in the garden.

IanFarquharson

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2015
Balsall Common
bhxmovements..co.uk
I am personally not posting as the industry change is so fast moving it’s hard to keep up, so little point trying. Also, at a time this industry is in full crisis mode, speculation (which is pretty much all anyone can provide at this stage) will not help that industry. On top of that, as said, many posters may be personally affected by all of this and are in no mood, position or of sound mind to post.

Lastly, at this time, can we leave the petty little point scoring type posts like this go for now, it’s not the time, nor the place for it. At times like this, unity is what everyone needs, regardless of which airport you’re interested in. This is no longer about who’s airport is better, who’s supporters are better, which airport will loose the most, which airport will recover faster etc, this is about the very survival of the industry right now.

Let’s just be nice to each other and realise all of this isn’t pleasant for anyone right now.
Totally agree well said

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Update according to Airlineroute:

Doha – Manchester
23MAR20 – 16APR20 Reduce from 3 to 2 daily, 777-300ER/787-8 operating (Previous plan: until 31MAR20)
17APR20 – 31MAY20 Reduce from 3 to 1 daily, 787-8 operating (Previous plan: eff 01APR20)
01JUN20 – 30JUN20 Reduce from 3 to 2 daily

Top Bottom