Qatar will now use the A330 on the afternoon QR27/28 for the rest of the summer now.

While not rare at all in Manchester, nice to see a change from the now monotonous B787's that seem to be so common now.

Indication of either higher loads or business class demand? 787 =22J /232Y with the A333 being 30J /275Y. If it were to be 1st class to be introduced , I can imagine them making a rather large fuss about it.

With the ongoing issues facing Qatar (the state) I wonder if cargo might be a larger priority?

Actually I suspect that QTR are requiring the 788 performance elsewhere in the network for some of the African route diversions rather than anything beneficial at Manchester - Jerry all the A330's have now had First removed and the only aircraft with any First are the 8 available on each of their A388s to London and Paris

Just returned from a trip to Jakarta with Qatar.

Outbound and inbound flights from/to MAN were more or less full, up front and in the back.

Both flights to/from CGK were pretty empty, with only 40 pax in the rear cabin on the return. Only about 60 PAX got off the arriving flight as we waited to depart.

Service was okay, as was the quality of the meals. All flights were on time. The 787 was okay but nothing special. Meals were the weakest point, with only a limited choice, if any at all. Rarely would all three options on the menu be available.

Do we k ow where QR as regards triple daily? I recall a while ago they seemed to be filling the flights but this seems to have vanished?

6 months since the last update so I'm pleased to report good news.

From 18th September the morning service QR21/22 increases to daily. That makes 18 flights per week - midday is already daily and the evening service 4 per week.

First Edinburgh. Now Manchester. Beside LHR, Qatar was exclusively 787 to the rest of the UK. May we see other UK airports be upgraded to the A350 as well...?

Also worth pointing out that Qatar's newest A350's (both -900 and -1000 delivered in the last year or so) have the QSuite business product. Any idea if it will be these newer ones or the 'older' ones with the same business class as the 787's operating?

Also worth pointing out that Qatar's newest A350's (both -900 and -1000 delivered in the last year or so) have the QSuite business product. Any idea if it will be these newer ones or the 'older' ones with the same business class as the 787's operating?

I think qsuite is currently on 2 of the A359s (out of 27 in the fleet). Not that the non Qsuite A359s are unpleasant in J of course :)

I think this was due to happen as a number of 787s are moving within the group
but I would guess that BHX and CWL will stay as they are and I thought I heard that EDI is
going back to a 787 as loads are poor

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock