I actually wonder if because they're government owned and we're officially in an election period they might not be able to announce it until after the election?

I actually wonder if because they're government owned and we're officially in an election period they might not be able to announce it until after the election?
I'd be very surprised if that was the case. Its very rare that the WG have taken any credit for a new route or linked themselves to a new route.
Congratulating CWL yes, or in the case of QR promoting better government partnerships yes, but taking credit for a route, no.

I'd be very surprised if that was the case. Its very rare that the WG have taken any credit for a new route or linked themselves to a new route.
Congratulating CWL yes, or in the case of QR promoting better government partnerships yes, but taking credit for a route, no.
CWL isn't a government department so it wouldn't be considered a policy announcement or anything like that and I can't see Dublin returning gaining them much political credit!

I suppose another possibility could be that they want the maximum PR as possible and want to photograph an Aer Lingus aircraft at the airport itself before it goes onsale so may be awaiting for that to be arranged?

CWL isn't a government department so it wouldn't be considered a policy announcement or anything like that and I can't see Dublin returning gaining them much political credit!

I suppose another possibility could be that they want the maximum PR as possible and want to photograph an Aer Lingus aircraft at the airport itself before it goes onsale so may be awaiting for that to be arranged?
Don't forget this isn't a new route so won't get the same fanfare. There'll likely be some kind of social media announcement that its returned but can't see it being anything spectacular.

Also, for whatever reason, it's not even on sale yet so would be pointless creating any kind of hype if people can't actually book anything, as well as the route not starting for 3 months which is probably well ahead of the lead in time for bookings to somewhere like DUB. With all the uncertainty of travel corridors to not only Ireland but the USA as well any media announcement needs to be at the peak times when people will want to book, which isn't now.

Don't forget this isn't a new route so won't get the same fanfare. There'll likely be some kind of social media announcement that its returned but can't see it being anything spectacular.
It may not be a new route or a new airline but I do think the return of both warrant a fanfare especially as it would be considered a core route and the airport can show it's regaining the lost connectivity. Once it actually goes onsale.

Im sure a new route would get a lot more coverage than a return of a route. Lets hope it works out.

Excellent news! Hopefully after time it will return to daily. In the mean time would be nice for Eastern to continue with their plans and cover Tue-Thurs flights to compliment EI.

Excellent news for the airport - BHD and DUB will be very well received by the travelling public when we’re all allowed out again !

Perhaps Stobart Air UK, could consider taking on the Edinburgh route, as they will be losing the Aer Lingus contract next year, and will have plenty of spare aircraft then, that's if they are not bought by Emerald Airways who have the new contract with EI.

This is great news for CWL. Good to see Dublin and Belfast back on the list. But don’t EZE have plans to do a BHD service to?

This is great news for CWL. Good to see Dublin and Belfast back on the list. But don’t EZE have plans to do a BHD service to?
They do/did. It was to utilise the VLY aircraft during it's downtime. I think it was to be Mon-Fri. EI will be better due to more capacity and will also be a lot cheaper than T3. It would be good if they complimented each other with T3 in mid morning and EI in the evening but can't see that happening.

Last edited:
Spencer Birns, CEO at Cardiff Airport said:

“It’s fantastic news that Stobart Air will be operating scheduled services from Cardiff to Dublin and Belfast with their Aer Lingus franchise. As restrictions are eased, these flights will once again link Wales to two key destinations, allowing our customers to travel for business, leisure or to visit friends and family, as well as enabling easy connections to North America via Dublin.

Interesting that only Spencer discusses USA connections. USA connections aren't mentioned in any other quotes by EI. The timings mean there would definitely be out CWL-USA connections, although the afternoon arrival from DUB could capture some arriving from the USA. Either way no connections are offered on sale to/from CWL in either direction.

The 2 routes announced is being said as new routes. They are not new routes but routes being reinstated. Its good news and hope they do well.

The 2 routes announced is being said as new routes. They are not new routes but routes being reinstated. Its good news and hope they do well.
Belfast City to Cardiff is a new route for Aer Lingus as they've never served it before.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock