Since I have been following the fortunes of CWL, the Cardiff /Belfast route has been operated by Cambrian, Dan Air, Manx, Manx as British Airways partner, BMI Baby, Air Wales and FlyBe. There may one or two I have missed. Good Luke to Stobart, I hope the route prospers.

DUB and BHD potentially lost again with Stobart going into liquidation. Big question marks over if anyone will be able to take over the EI franchise quickly.

DUB and BHD potentially lost again with Stobart going into liquidation. Big question marks over if anyone will be able to take over the EI franchise quickly.
I believe Emerald Airlines were taking on franchise at the end of Stobarts contract. So I guess it's a case of how fast they can get up and running I'd imagine.

Emerald are due to take over the franchise in 2022next winter I think so would need to get their skates on as I can imagine the likes of Ryanair and Easy Jet pinching a fair bit of business to their existing networks if they are minded and are easily capable of reacting in days.

Michael O'Leary might love it.

Good article in the TW news on the progress of Emerald Airways, let's hope that CWL are in their plans.
Well hopefully they'll continue the plans of Stobart Air especially for Dublin. Also Belfast does need a cheap option. One family of 3 were quoted £800 for return flights with Eastern Airways.

CWL will have to wait until the new franchise partner takes over and hopefully they'll decide to launch the route. With Bristol it'll be interesting to see if the mainline flights become permanent and Bristol eventually gets a mix of A320s and ATRs like BHX and MAN do. That could help free up ATR slots for an airport like Cardiff. I do think that Aer Lingus Regional is probably CWLs only real option for Dublin especially if the airport doesn't want to repeat putting it's eggs in the one basket again like it did with Flybe.

At 5 x weekly replacing a 3 x daily EIR service.

At a time when the USA connection via DUB doesn’t meant anything…

CWL is better waiting for the “new” EIR.

I wonder if the CWL management would share that opinion if Aer Lingus 'main line' had come up with a 5 x weekly A320 CWL-DUB.

I don’t think CWL management should pass any opportunity by right now given the position they are in flight wise.

So, no.

I wonder if the CWL management would share that opinion if Aer Lingus 'main line' had come up with a 5 x weekly A320 CWL-DUB.

Perhaps they could persuade Ryanair to return on the Dublin route, apparently they are recruiting cabin crew and pilots.

5 weekly A320 to Dublin would be very nice!
The DUB-BRS A320 diverted to CWL this morning because of fog and the ILS reportedly out of service.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock