Yes, it does look as though at the moment some routes aren't affected very much if at all by the virus whereas others have seen reductions in frequency. CDG is showing sold out in three of the next five sectors with high fares for other sectors in the next few days although Sat, Mon and Thur seem to have been reduced to single daily next week but back to 2 x daily the week after. Strange that M and Th have been reduced next week whilst Tue and Wed remain 2 x daily.

The CDG reductions were always planned for next week (9th March) along with TFS to make way for an increased number of flights to NCE (from 2x weekly to 5x weekly). This happens every year from all bases with routes to Nice - I believe a big property conference in Cannes/Nice is the reason. LTN for example sees 6x weekly flights NCE this week, then 26x weekly next week, and back to normal the week after.

-------

Looking across all UK easyJet bases, BRS has fared the best in regards to the planned COVID-19 cutbacks. These cutbacks start to take effect week starting the 16th March. BRS will see reductions over a number of routes (mainly business destinations) in comparison to what was originally planned including MXP, KEF, ATH, VIE, IOM, CPH, GIB, EDI, BFS, BSL & CDG.
BRS however will still see more flights operate each week in comparison to the same time last year. This is good news given all other UK bases see much larger cuts than BRS.

However, given the recent demise of Flybe, it will be interesting to see whether some of these routes (mainly from other bases) that are due to see large cuts (like domestic routes from BFS) now see flights being reinstated.

With Italian services grounded for a while ( hopefully not long ) , I wonder what easyJet will do with the a321s that fly the Milan services.

With Italian services grounded for a while ( hopefully not long ) , I wonder what easyJet will do with the a321s that fly the Milan services.
Further to my post above. Flights to Milan are still on sale

Whereas Ryanair will suspend all its domestic Italian flights from midnight tomorrow and all its international flights to/from Italy from midnight on Friday 13 March - both suspensions last until midnight on 8 April as things atand at the moment - easyJet has stated, "The majority of flights to and from Milan Malpensa, Milan Linate, Venice and Verona have been cancelled for the coming days and affected customers are being advised of their options by email and SMS which include rebooking and refunding."

Our son and daughter-in-law with two other couples flew out on the 1205 to Basel today. There were just 100 passengers on board the A320.

With the Czech Republic now closed to UK travellers and with the Foreign Office advisng against all but essential travel tocertain regions of Spain including Madrid, European services are likely to begin reducing rapidly.

Easyjet and many more airlines throughout the world the virus will hit home hard and can see many airlines going out of buisness. Madrir was talked about complete lock down friday which will reflect on Easyjet as thats 1 of their routes from many airports across Europe.

Flew back from Lanzarote yesterday with Easy Jet.
Received e-mails from them today stating that anyone with return flights from Spain [including Balearics and all Canary islands]after today or tomorrow will need to contact them to be updated on return flights which will happen earlier than planned.
This would I assume,that it would indicate that as of tomorrow all outbound flights will be flying out empty for repatriation only.
I have been holidaying in Lanzarote in March for some past years and it was noticeable how much quieter the ramp was at Arrecife Airport this time.The demise of Monarch,Thomas Cook,Air Berlin has taken out a lot of capacity.
At the hotel we stay at in Costa Teguise normally if you haven't got your towel out on you sunbed by 8.00am,than your not going to get one.This time there were sunbeds available all day.As of the end of this this week I would think that all the Holiday resorts will become virtual ghost towns
A very concerning and sad time for everyone in the industry,home and abroad.

Flew back from Lanzarote yesterday with Easy Jet.
Received e-mails from them today stating that anyone with return flights from Spain [including Balearics and all Canary islands]after today or tomorrow will need to contact them to be updated on return flights which will happen earlier than planned.
This would I assume,that it would indicate that as of tomorrow all outbound flights will be flying out empty for repatriation only.
I have been holidaying in Lanzarote in March for some past years and it was noticeable how much quieter the ramp was at Arrecife Airport this time.The demise of Monarch,Thomas Cook,Air Berlin has taken out a lot of capacity.
At the hotel we stay at in Costa Teguise normally if you haven't got your towel out on you sunbed by 8.00am,than your not going to get one.This time there were sunbeds available all day.As of the end of this this week I would think that all the Holiday resorts will become virtual ghost towns
A very concerning and sad time for everyone in the industry,home and abroad.
easyJet is suspending all flights to Spain and its territories from Tuesday 17 March. Flights will operate to Spain today and tomorrow in order to bring people back to the UK. Flights to Spain will be suspended until 29 March but the chances of their resuming immediately after that date are microspic to nil I would have thought, almost certainly the latter.

This has suddenly gone stratospheric. The ex policeman who died was from Nailsea and travelled from Tenerife. He must have travelled through Bristol Airport. Lots of staff must be concerned.

Although not operating a full schedule (and not counting the repatriation flights to Spain) easyJet will still operate today 2x1 departures today from BRS:
GLA (3), EDI (3),
AMS (2), CDG (2), BFS (2), GVA (2),
KEF (1), NCL (1), NCE (1), FAO (1), LIS (1), ATH (1), GIB (1)

Further to this morning , I had my forthcoming flight to Athens cancelled. I am now rebooking for the end of October and there is some very attractive fares over many destinations to entice you all. If we want the airport back up and doing well again it’s worth looking at.

Turin goes twice weekly next winter and Lyon goes 3 weekly too. Looks like an extra weekly Madrid as well. Looks positive so far. Hurghada , Berlin and Grenoble not on sale yet

Easyjet domestic fares for the winter are looking quite high! £90 to £100 one way on Edinburgh!

Easyjet domestic fares for the winter are looking quite high! £90 to £100 one way on Edinburgh!
EDI

I did some random searches for November and February and most of the flights are now at £28.99.

Currently the frequency is 27 per week (5 x daily on Mon and Fri; 4 x daily on Sun, Tues, Wed and Thur: 1 x daily Sat). I think that's what it was this winter but am not absolutely certain.

Easyjet have a sale on for the winter. £28.99 one way which includes Athens. Nuts that you can fly for so cheap on a route like that.

Easyjet have a sale on for the winter. £28.99 one way which includes Athens. Nuts that you can fly for so cheap on a route like that.
Jerry I’ve been looking at that very good price. Half the price I paid to go there for Easter. Sadly cancelled

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock