Best wishes to first officer.
On Thursday this week next years Easyjet announce new routes and schedules from airports they operate from. How much in routes new or rotations increased do we expect.

Best wishes to first officer.
On Thursday this week next years Easyjet announce new routes and schedules from airports they operate from. How much in routes new or rotations increased do we expect.
The programme for next summer until the end of August was announced some time ago. I presume the next announcement will relate to the last two months of the summer 2020 season. And winter 2020/2021 possibly?

Given that easyJet has acquired Thomas Cook's BRS slots it's probable that there will be additional routes and/or increased frequencies on some existing routes for next summer, but whether they will be announced this week remains to be seen. We ought to know very soon.

According to FR24 the first easyJet A321 arrives from ALC tomorrow Friday 8th November, then operates to GLA and back, before flying to CDG and back.
The easyJet seat plans for tomorow show both EZY405 to GLA at 1445 and EZY6223 to CDG at 1830 as an 321. The early CDG is a 319 and the other three to GLA are 2 x 320s and 1 x 319.

This applies to BRS also:

8 November 2019

easyJet plc

('easyJet')

easyJet statement on Thomas Cook slot acquisition

easyJet has successfully acquired Thomas Cook's slots at Gatwick Airport (12 summer slot pairs and 8 winter slot pairs) and Bristol Airport (6 summer slot pairs and one winter slot pair) for £36 million. Contractual terms have concluded and the slots have been awarded to easyJet. We will provide further details in the airline's full year results announcement on 19 November 2019.

does that slot into 3 extra morning and 3 extra pm departures ie 3 extra aircraft?

does that slot into 3 extra morning and 3 extra pm departures ie 3 extra aircraft?
TCX typically used their BRS aircraft on two rotations per aircraft each per day, occasionally three. easyJet is invariably three a day, four with some aircraft. So easyJet might not need as many aircraft to operate broadly the same number of flights as TCX, and the slots are only really tight early in the day and in the late evening/early hours because of the night tme movements and noise quota restrictions.

BRS is a Level 3 co-ordinated airport in summer (but only in the night time period) and Level 2 for the rest of the time.

A Level 3 airport is one where demand for airport infrastructure significantly exceeds the airport’s capacity during the relevant period, or where governments have imposed conditions that make it impossible to meet demand. A co-ordinator is appointed to allocate slots to airline and other aircraft operators using or planning to use the airport as a means of managing the declared capacity.

The airport's rationale for obtaining Level 3 status is set out here:

However, increased demand has not been distributed evenly throughout the day, with airline operating models resulting in a particularly busy schedule during the early morning and late evening periods. This has the potential to increase activity in the night period, which is subject to planning conditions limiting the number of movements and total noise impact of flights. With more new routes planned for summer 2018, there is now a need to more tightly control the number of slots granted in the night period to ensure planning conditions continue to be met.

Therefore, in May 2017, Bristol Airport wrote to the Department for Transport (DfT), requesting designation by the Secretary of State for Transport of Bristol Airport as a ‘coordinated’ airport, to come into effect from summer 2018. The request was for Level 3 status to be granted during the summer season only, which is approximately the last week of March until the last week of October, and only to be effective between 11.00pm and 07.00am British Summer Time i.e. for night time plus a shoulder period each side.

Having this Level 3 status will give Bristol Airport greater control over its night flights and help prevent the night flight movement and noise quota count limits – part of the Airport’s planning permission (granted in 2011) with North Somerset Council – being exceeded.

Outside of this coordinated night period, there would be no change to the normal Level 2 schedule facilitation rules. The majority of the Airport’s aircraft movements would therefore not be affected, and subject only to voluntary changes in schedule.

There is currenrly a discussion in the CWL Potential Routes thread concerning the possible negative impact of the restricted night time slots on BRS getting Jet2 if that airline is seeking to operate further south in the future.

Bristol Post article at below link.

The first A321 neo has arrived. Reg no G EZMA
I was walking Felton Common this afternoon - beautiful sunny autumnal day. I saw the A321 take off for Glasgow over the common from runway 09 a few minutes before 3. Immediately afterwards the active runway was switched to 27 with the next departure heading out towards the estuary.

It was slightly incongruous seeing a 321 in easyJet colours. I hadn't seen one before, but I'll quickly become used to it I'm sure.

TCX typically used their BRS aircraft on two rotations per aircraft each per day, occasionally three. easyJet is invariably three a day, four with some aircraft. So easyJet might not need as many aircraft to operate broadly the same number of flights as TCX, and the slots are only really tight early in the day and in the late evening/early hours because of the night tme movements and noise quota restrictions.

BRS is a Level 3 co-ordinated airport in summer (but only in the night time period) and Level 2 for the rest of the time.

A Level 3 airport is one where demand for airport infrastructure significantly exceeds the airport’s capacity during the relevant period, or where governments have imposed conditions that make it impossible to meet demand. A co-ordinator is appointed to allocate slots to airline and other aircraft operators using or planning to use the airport as a means of managing the declared capacity.

The airport's rationale for obtaining Level 3 status is set out here:

However, increased demand has not been distributed evenly throughout the day, with airline operating models resulting in a particularly busy schedule during the early morning and late evening periods. This has the potential to increase activity in the night period, which is subject to planning conditions limiting the number of movements and total noise impact of flights. With more new routes planned for summer 2018, there is now a need to more tightly control the number of slots granted in the night period to ensure planning conditions continue to be met.

Therefore, in May 2017, Bristol Airport wrote to the Department for Transport (DfT), requesting designation by the Secretary of State for Transport of Bristol Airport as a ‘coordinated’ airport, to come into effect from summer 2018. The request was for Level 3 status to be granted during the summer season only, which is approximately the last week of March until the last week of October, and only to be effective between 11.00pm and 07.00am British Summer Time i.e. for night time plus a shoulder period each side.

Having this Level 3 status will give Bristol Airport greater control over its night flights and help prevent the night flight movement and noise quota count limits – part of the Airport’s planning permission (granted in 2011) with North Somerset Council – being exceeded.

Outside of this coordinated night period, there would be no change to the normal Level 2 schedule facilitation rules. The majority of the Airport’s aircraft movements would therefore not be affected, and subject only to voluntary changes in schedule.

There is currenrly a discussion in the CWL Potential Routes thread concerning the possible negative impact of the restricted night time slots on BRS getting Jet2 if that airline is seeking to operate further south in the future.

Bristol Post article at below link.

To add to the above, I notice that easyJet has also purchased a TCX winter slot pair as well as six summer ones. Given that BRS is only Level 3 slot co-ordinated in summer and even then only between 2300 and 0700, why would there be winter slots to be purchased? It seems that the summer night time slots (2300-0700) are the ones in demand because of the movements and noise restrictions, but winter is not a problem with relatively few movements in the night time period.

If three of the former TCX take-off slots are morning pre-0700 then perhaps easyJet will put in an additional three aircraft to take full advantage. Or perhaps they will simply re-position some of the post-0700 departures in the first round of the day to pre-0700 to provide themselves with more flexibility at the airport. TCX had six take-offs and six landings in total with their three based aircraft most days with the second round of flights each day often returning within the night time restrictions period.

We don't know how much the BRS slots cost. The figure quoted - £36 million - relates to LGW and BRS combined. The lion's share per slot pair might have gone towards buying the LGW slots.

We should know more on 19 November when easyJet announces how the slots will be used when it makes its full years results release.

A321

According to FR24 the A321, which arrived from Alicante on Friday at lunchtime and then operated to Glasgow and Paris CDG that day, operated to Murcia and Tenerife South on Saturday, Athens and Faro on Sunday, and will operate to Malaga, Glasgow and Paris CDG today.

Since easyJet doubled CDG to twice daily in June the load factor, always very high at single daily, doesn’t seem to have suffered. It makes one wonder how so many people managed before. At the moment the seat plan shows that 223 of the 235 seats on today's 321-operated 1830 hours BRS-CDG sector are taken and 207 on the return CDG-BRS. The morning CDG flight on a 319 was heavily loaded in both directions according to the seat plan.

The 321 will operate the evening flight to CDG each day this week, as it will the mid-afternoon flight to Glasgow, with the first flight of each day to various destinations depending on the day of the week.

The second 321 will certainly be operating by next Monday (18th), possibly earlier, as a random seat plan check for the 18th shows a 321 on the 0625 to Malaga and the 0740 to Faro.

Prices for CDG weren't cheap either when I looked.
They're not in general. Looking forward over the next 5-6 weeks although there are still some sectors available for under £30, the vast majority are much more expensive, often over £60 and not infrequently well over £100. Looking into January brings more £20 odd fares but even at this distance some of the sectors are already priced at over £50.

Obviously easyJet's booking algorithms calculate from past bookings, remaining capacity, average demand for the route that they can adjust upwards the seat prices very quickly because they know that people will buy them at high prices on this route.

I don't know if CDG is especially expensive to operate into but from the sort of fare levels and load factors that occur easyJet must be generating a substantial cash flow.

On Twitter airlineroute has published easyJets S20 A321 schedule for BRS

See link attached from Routeonline

https://www.routesonline.com/news/3...easyjet-s20-new-a321neo-routes-as-of-11nov19/
Thanks for that alphagolf. No surprise that a lot of the routes are longer holiday ones, with CDG and GLA which appear to be regular 321 routes for the current winter not continued into next summer.

Athens will see welcome increased seating with the 321 doing both weekly flights. Brindisi is interesting. It's beginning earlier next year (early May) with both weekly rotations on the 321.

easyJet still to announce what they will do with the Thomas Cook slots they acquired. It seems they will make an announcement on 19 November which might make things clearer.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock