Thanks to Scottie Dog for his post in the easyJet airline thread about comments made by the airline's CEO that he is optimistic for a much better summer this year than last year.

I noted this remark by the CEO, “We have taken new positions at Gatwick and have 71 aircraft there. Our strategy is to have better positions at core airports and we are keeping our eyes open for that.”

I don't know which airports easyJet reckons to be 'core' for it but BRS has always been a strong performer for the airline and one of its bigger bases so might well feature.

A lot of bristols schedule now does not start until the end of June / start of July.

A lot of bristols schedule now does not start until the end of June / start of July.
Having had a look at the easyJet website they don't seem to be starting many routes across their network until then, including some even from Gatwick.

The CEO must be expecting a bumper July onwards unless his comments were in hope rather than expectation and were aimed at encouraging the troops.

easyJet don't seem to have reacted to the Green list status of Portugal.

Faro will resume on 21 May initially at single daily, with some double dailies over the spring bank holiday period but doesn't get back to its normal summer frequency of 16 weekly until July.

Lisbon also resumes on 21 May at 3 x weekly and retains this frequency until the beginning of November when it increases to 5 x weekly, the normal year-round frequency.

Funchal will resume on 24 May at its normal summer frequency of 2 x weekly for the rest of the summer and 3 x weekly from November.

Not easyJet but related, Ryanair will resumed Faro on 18 May at 3 x weekly for the rest of the month, 4 x weekly in June and daily, the normal summer frequency, from July.

Addendum

I forgot Porto.

easyJet will resume Porto on 5 June and operate 2 x weekly that month. in July it returns to its normal frequency of 3 x weekly for the rest of the year and through next year until the end of the current booking cycle at the end of September 2022.

The other Green list country operated from BRS is Gibraltar by easyJet (easyJet only flies to Iceland from BRS in winter). It's shown as restarting on 23 May and runs at 2 x weekly in June before going to its usual summer schedule of 3 x weekly in July.

So as with the Portuguese routes easyJet doesn't seem to be increasing its Green list frequency from BRS to Gibraltar either.

Looks like Easyjet being very carefull what they run. I think not very far into the future the green list will be expanded. Perhaps Easyjet waiting for the green list update.

I wouldn't have expected easyJet to add much over the weekend, they usually operate very much Mon-Fri behind the scenes. The extra Faro's were very much quick adds from the old schedule. Tomorrow may see some more changes. I had heard rumours of new Malta flights from both Bristol+Luton but I don't know if that will now change with its omission from the green list.

I wouldn't have expected easyJet to add much over the weekend, they usually operate very much Mon-Fri behind the scenes. The extra Faro's were very much quick adds from the old schedule. Tomorrow may see some more changes. I had heard rumours of new Malta flights from both Bristol+Luton but I don't know if that will now change with its omission from the green list.
Fair enough, although easyJet did add a Faro route at NCL on Friday which appears to be in response to the Green list.

• Thanks
Reactions: CM.
Fair enough, although easyJet did add a Faro route at NCL on Friday which appears to be in response to the Green list.
This true however this route doesn’t start until July 20th so I don’t know if it’s to do with the green list as such. Surely if it was they would start ASAP like other airlines are.

This true however this route doesn’t start until July 20th so I don’t know if it’s to do with the green list as such. Surely if it was they would start ASAP like other airlines are.
Easyjet are generally much more cautious than other airlines. Probably wary of putting flights onsale only for Portugal to go amber.

• Thanks
Reactions: CM.
easyJet - Starting Dates of Routes

Here is a quick summary of when easyJet are restarting their routes this summer from BRS.

BFS, EDI, GLA have been running from BRS throughout January, February and March with NCL starting at the beginning of April and INV at the beginning of May.

Last week (10-May) saw 27x departures operate to BFS, EDI, GLA, INV and NCL

This week (17-May) sees the following routes starting alongside the previously mentioned - AGP, ALC, FAO, GIB, LIS, PMI and TFS. There should be 41x departures.

Next week (24-May) sees more routes starting alongside the previously mentioned - ACE, CFU, FNC, FUE, HER, IBZ, KGS, LCA, MAH, OPO, PFO, PVK, RHO and ZTH. There should be 79x departures.

June sees AMS, BCN, CDG, EFL, GVAV, HRG, JMK, LPA, OLB, RMU, SPU and by the end of June there should be around 110x departures per week.

July sees the return of all other summer routes except BSL and LYS which will now start at the beginning of the winter season.

Currently there are 16x aircraft "based" at BRS.
5x A319
9x A320/A32N
2x A21N

Belfast International tomorrow (24 May)

Two flights to Belfast tomorrow morning, one at 0700 and the other at 1040. Both flights are operated by a 235-seat A321 aircraft, perhaps the same one doing two return trips.

Looking at the seat selector, as always with the caveat that it's not a definitive guide to loads, the 0700 thus far has 110 occupied seats and the 1040 107 occupied seats.

On the BFS-BRS leg the 0850 shows 129 occupied seats and the 1230 a miserly 64.

With the seat selector is not a true figure,but it gives a sort of idea what the loads are like. Nice to see more deps on the airport boards,its been a long time that airline routes have been offered for operation.

Summer 22 will see 3 flights a day to Paris on Mondays , third and Fridays. Also appears to be more flights to Glasgow and Edinburgh too

Summer 22 will see 3 flights a day to Paris on Mondays , third and Fridays. Also appears to be more flights to Glasgow and Edinburgh too

CDG departs 0715 Monday to Friday with additional flights on Monday (1035), Thursday (1300), Friday (1340). Saturday departs at 1855 and Sunday at 1935. Orly departs 1610 all week except Saturday when it is 1000.

The return timings suggest that all flights for both CDG and Orly are operated by BRS-based aircraft, and day trips to Paris can only be accomplished by using one Paris airport for inbound and the other for outbound. Day trips to Bristol look out of the question realistically given the timings.

Edinburgh is showing 27 x weekly which it has done in the recent past although the flights per day have been moved around a bit, especially with the provisional timetable for late summer 2020 which included one or two days with six departures but which the pandemic put paid to. EDI, Mon to Sun respectively, is showing the following daily departures: 4 4 3 5 5 1 5.

Glasgow seems to have gained a couple of return flights each week (total now shown as 26) with Mon to Sun respectively showing 5 3 3 5 5 1 4.

Perhaps slightly surprising that on Mondays GLA has five departures but EDI only four.

To add a footnote to my previous post, with multiple daily departures to these Scottish airports except on Saturdays it's always an option to remove some flights or alter timings whilst still providing a means of transport.

We booked BRS-GLA-BRS for later this year in connection with a rail holiday that begins in Glasgow - twice postponed from May 2020 and May 2021.

We usually fly to Scotland for such holidays and booked the flights a couple of weeks ago. We return on a Saturday when there is only one daily flight leaving GLA at 1050 which is ideal for us. We weren't best pleased when within three days of booking we received an email from easyJet saying the flight times and type of aircraft (now a 320, previously a 319) have been changed. We now leave GLA at 0730 meaning a stupid o'clock wake-up call. Not only that but the fare had been reduced by £12 per person presumably to take account of the more unsocial departure time. No doubt easyJet won't refund the difference. We're not bothered about the money per se - it's the principle.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock